Oh God... I'm the obsessive one, aren't I??

Heartbreaker

I was talking to someone at work and found out that they were going too, so I started gushing. To find out that they are only going because their partner likes it, have been before and didn't really like it. 

Found it really difficult to stop the contempt reaching my eyes. 

15 minutes ago, Gedh said:

I was talking to someone at work and found out that they were going too, so I started gushing. To find out that they are only going because their partner likes it, have been before and didn't really like it. 

Found it really difficult to stop the contempt reaching my eyes. 

Sometimes contempt is warranted

• Upvote 1

I posted this already but this seems appropriate place for it ... a couple of weeks ago a lady came around to do an energy survey on my flat for its sale ... the survey cost £75 and she was here for no more than 15 mins of which at least half was spent talking about Glastonbury ... she is going :) £75 was great value for money in my eyes :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I posted this already but this seems appropriate place for it ... a couple of weeks ago a lady came around to do an energy survey on my flat for its sale ... the survey cost £75 and she was here for no more than 15 mins of which at least half was spent talking about Glastonbury ... she is going :) £75 was great value for money in my eyes :) 

And if you said that in public you would get some very odd looks indeed. But here in our safe place just nods of understanding and jealousy that you found a fellow soul in the day to day. 

1 minute ago, Gedh said:

And if you said that in public you would get some very odd looks indeed. But here in our safe place just nods of understanding and jealousy that you found a fellow soul in the day to day. 

if it wasn't for the hats .. I would have been clueless to her Glastonbury trips :) 

19 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I have just had the realisation that I'm the obsessive one in the group.. messaging various chats when I know everyone is asleep, constant glastobating., slightly pissing off co-workers, friends and family members by constantly debating the pros and cons of where we will maybe camp; calculating how the beer to spirit ratio should be allocated, who can sort stuff out etc. etc.

So here is a support thread for those, like me, whose friends are already tempted to disown us due to over thinking, planning, discussing or generally be a tad too (yea right) excited for the best party in the world.

A place to rant, plan, discuss, and vent the joy we have embedded within us... have it all..

P.S.. "Aren't I " is probably grammatically correct in Bristol...

You need @glastobation (me) on Twitter! Bring your obsessiveness to the table all you want, I love it!

I love this thread (and forum).

For the past 2.5 weeks my step son has been in hospital, with no clear and swift path to recovery, so our visit to the festival is in serious doubt and I have considered my glasto obsession a fair bit.

I considered coming off here completely (there are bigger things in life to worry about).... but it’s a perfect release and even if I don’t get to go I wouldn’t regret a second of the build up on here.

It’s so much more than just a festival and people on here get that.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, DJL said:

For the past 2.5 weeks my step son has been in hospital, with no clear and swift path to recovery, so our visit to the festival is in serious doubt and I have considered my glasto obsession a fair bit.

I considered coming off here completely (there are bigger things in life to worry about).... but it’s a perfect release and even if I don’t get to go I wouldn’t regret a second of the build up on here.

My full and utter respect to you DJL x

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, terryaanderson said:

My actual personality is being lost, genuinely. I’m not performing at work, I’m not sleeping because my evenings are spent looking at all things Glastonbury - my wife can’t wait til it’s all done so she’s got me back! None of these things bother me ??‍♂️

All done? From July 1st, we countdown to October!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Wow! I wish i remembered starting this thread! 

Been down the pub this evening, and have just been advised to (and I quote) Calm the fuck down mate! Its only a festival"

Wrong on so many levels my friend, so very, very wrong!!

...and you can’t fight your corner because nobody else gets it. You look (and feel) like a weirdo. Last laugh goes to the hardcore fans when everybody is watching on telly saying ‘fuck, looks amazing doesn’t it?’

3 hours ago, DJL said:

Maybe ask him what he thinks about it, if he is in a condition and age to do so, been there with my relatives and know how it feels awaiting an elusive diagnosis. The feeling of Inclusion and control is one of the things that slips away.

we obsessives are here for you.

Edited by Gedh
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Been down the pub this evening, and have just been advised to (and I quote) Calm the fuck down mate! Its only a festival"

Popped into my local on friday after picking my tickets up from the post office so I was super excited. After having a few ales the land lord came over and said if I mention Glastonbury one more time he's barring me until after the festival.

Another drinker heard this and said 'your off to Glastonbury? Me too mate!' The landlord rolled his eyes and walked off. I spent the rest of the night chatting all things glasto. Showed him efests and all the threads on here which he loved.

• Upvote 1

I like to compare going to Glastonbury a little bit like doing my first pill. This happened many many moons ago, however at the time felt like an epiphany so to speak. Now there were quite a few comments within circles... criticism and words of judgement from certain people. And as time went on, one by one, you’d occasionally bump into one of these persons in a sweaty nightclub, off their nut, arms up reaching to the lasers, then coming over to embrace & hug you with words like “this is amazing” and “why haven’t I done this sooner” etc etc.

That to me relates a little bit to Glasto. There really is no other place like it on earth, and the faces from friends & family who see and experience the place for the first time, very often say those same things.

I’m Oli, taking a seat, no judgement whatsoever xx

...and no prizes for guessing what we themed our wedding on.

7C2DD168-9E68-43AC-98F4-5089EB81CE78.jpeg

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, DJL said:

Wishing you all the luck in the world your boy gets better, fingers crossed things improve soon.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DJL said:

True dat. I missed a few festivals at the start of this decade, and generally disengaged from here, but in 2015, I threw myself into things and rather enjoyed myself.

Thats definitely me in our group as well. We are taking 2 friends for the first time this year. I have already apologised to them 4 times for constantly talking about Glastonbury, whats, on, how we are getting there, tents, waterproofs, line-up this, line up tha...