Strummerville

Beerqueen

2 hours ago, SighMo said:

Strummerville is all over Glasto bollox chat ref Frank Turner...really don’t wanna be queuing at the Casba bar, ggrrrrrhhh!

Depends if a sam fender type ends up at William's green at the same time, that'd keep some crowds away. I'm definitely getting there early for this, it's like a 4th headliner for me! 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

On 6/7/2019 at 2:39 PM, Upside down frowner said:

Looking for punk style bands for a mate and saw Snapped Ankles and Young Offenders on at Strummerville which I thought ticked boxes.

From your description I can’t imagine a punk set up there?

I’ve never actually seen a gig there! Must’ve been in between sets each time. 

Johnny Lloyd and Frank straight after is looking like being the highlight of my festival. One of my favourite Glastonbury moments is watching Tribes play 'Corner of an English Field' back in 2013 I think? His new album is ace

Frank is my favourite artist... and although I love his gigs with The Sleeping Souls, I'm a bigger fan of his acoustic sets so really looking forward to this 

5 minutes ago, Hawros said:

I only seem to have the main stages on the app. Is this an iOS thing - does the android one have the smaller stages, and Weds/Thurs?

I think you have to add them in via the filters.

Line up > Filters - Main Stages, Smaller Stages, T&C

• 2 weeks later...

Question?

Was putting my clashfinder together from the official line-up page and was going crazy thinking they had removed Fri - Sat - Sun Strummerville line-up details.

So, Strummerville only has acts on on the Thursday right?

Anyone know why?

21 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Question?

Was putting my clashfinder together from the official line-up page and was going crazy thinking they had removed Fri - Sat - Sun Strummerville line-up details.

So, Strummerville only has acts on on the Thursday right?

Anyone know why?

I think I'm right in saying they announce line ups daily like the crows nest 

On 6/10/2019 at 11:22 AM, Digi said:

Johnny Lloyd and Frank straight after is looking like being the highlight of my festival. One of my favourite Glastonbury moments is watching Tribes play 'Corner of an English Field' back in 2013 I think? His new album is ace

Frank is my favourite artist... and although I love his gigs with The Sleeping Souls, I'm a bigger fan of his acoustic sets so really looking forward to this 

Did not realise Johnny Lloyd was from Tribes! Definitely getting over there mega early now I really enjoyed them 

Last saw Tribes at a H&M NME gig in Manchester a few years ago... 

Are there any other situations like this over the weekend? Singers of reasonably well known bands? 

Edited by efcfanwirral

11 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

How are the announcements made though?  I'm pretty sure in past years they've appeared in the lineup? Maybe it'll be in the programme?

In the past they have definitely announced all the days well in advance of the festival (with a few tbas). Not sure what’s going on this year! 

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Did not realise Johnny Lloyd was from Tribes! Definitely getting over there mega early now I really enjoyed them 

Last saw Tribes at a H&M NME gig in Manchester a few years ago... 

Are there any other situations like this over the weekend? Singers of reasonably well known bands? 

Not sure of other singers from other bands but I was a huge Tribes fan and gutted when they split up. His solo stuff is definitely worth a listen ?

37 minutes ago, richy24 said:

In the past they have definitely announced all the days well in advance of the festival (with a few tbas). Not sure what’s going on this year! 

Yeah I thought that too - thought I must have dreamed it though!

23 minutes ago, uscore said:

think he plays quite a lot of tribes stuff in his solo stuff.  Didn't he publish the setlist he's going to do at Strummerville?

Yep, apparently will open with Corner of an English Field which I will probably bawl though ?

25 minutes ago, foolee said:

Is the only way to get to Strummerville through Stone Circle or can you get to it via the park? 

Think you can get there by following the track behind the tipis from the Park.