Missing Pyramid sub?

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, uscore said:

I think it's a good idea to move away from the simple formula of each act on a stage being "bigger" than the act that was on before them.  Having big names opening the other stage, legend slots, metal slots, surprise sets, etc, spreads everything about better.   It hopefully means you get fewer evening clashes too, rather than all the most popular stuff being on at the same time.

yeah, I always think about CSN > Kasabian > Neil Young. Sensible to mix it up a bit. 

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Still not sure how this is all going to fit together. If the stuff about LDR cancelling is true then where did she fit in? Is she the missing sub under The Cure (clashing with C+TQ?) or has she already been replaced by someone?

Out of interest.... who said that?

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Still not sure how this is all going to fit together. If the stuff about LDR cancelling is true then where did she fit in? Is she the missing sub under The Cure (clashing with C+TQ?) or has she already been replaced by someone?

I hadn't really considered the Lana Del Rey thing but yeah that would make a lot of sense actually. Is there anyone else touring who could end up replacing her? No one comes to mind.

8 hours ago, uscore said:

I think it's a good idea to move away from the simple formula of each act on a stage being "bigger" than the act that was on before them.  Having big names opening the other stage, legend slots, metal slots, surprise sets, etc, spreads everything about better.   It hopefully means you get fewer evening clashes too, rather than all the most popular stuff being on at the same time.

I'm potentially a fan of this. I like at a lot of European festivals when you get acts on after the headliner. It gives some more flexibility for bigger dance acts playing main stages later. It would need to be managed carefully to make sure stages don't get overcrowded or too empty but the slots you mention do mix it up I think.

1 hour ago, DJL said:

I'm potentially a fan of this. I like at a lot of European festivals when you get acts on after the headliner. It gives some more flexibility for bigger dance acts playing main stages later. It would need to be managed carefully to make sure stages don't get overcrowded or too empty but the slots you mention do mix it up I think.

Yeah, I think Glastonbury already does it a lot.  It's why when the lineup is released everyone is surprised at some of the ordering. It occasionally makes a mockery of the endless "but why would x take a slot lower than y" arguments people make.

15 hours ago, Mardy said:

yeah, I always think about CSN > Kasabian > Neil Young. Sensible to mix it up a bit. 

as incredible as it was that '09 had CSN and Neil Young on the same weekend, that Saturday was in fact CSN into 'special guests' Kasabian and then Springsteen (and you could have had an earlier taste of the Boss in the JP tent for his cameo during '59 Sound' during the Gaslight Anthem set, and then caught about 2 more songs, and then dashed over to Pyramid just as 'Southern Cross' was kicking in)

Edited by tevaburger

8 hours ago, tevaburger said:

as incredible as it was that '09 had CSN and Neil Young on the same weekend, that Saturday was in fact CSN into 'special guests' Kasabian and then Springsteen (and you could have had an earlier taste of the Boss in the JP tent for his cameo during '59 Sound' during the Gaslight Anthem set, and then caught about 2 more songs, and then dashed over to Pyramid just as 'Southern Cross' was kicking in)

Ah yeah, my bad. Got it it all muddled up in my head. 

On 3/25/2019 at 9:22 AM, Doug85 said:

You can keep your Sunday night ruining thoughts away, Chems on the Sunday night is perfect for me and I was very settled with this idea when it became apparent the Prodigy were for the Saturday. Don't ruin it! 

I agree! I love the Killers and the Chemical Brothers, and they're really the only 2 bigger bands i need to see. Will be so stuck if they clssh :,(

On 3/28/2019 at 12:46 AM, tevaburger said:

as incredible as it was that '09 had Springsteen (and you could have had an earlier taste of the Boss in the JP tent for his cameo during '59 Sound' during the Gaslight Anthem set, 

My favourite moment ever, The Gaslight Anthem have now gone on to be my favourite band of all time! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Isaac LK said:

I agree! I love the Killers and the Chemical Brothers, and they're really the only 2 bigger bands i need to see. Will be so stuck if they clssh :,(

The Mrs wants to see The Killers so i may need to compromise slightly on that but I was planning on going to the new Arcadia on the Saturday night and then Chems on Sunday, we shall see how it plays out.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lorde innit.

I would love that as I missed her in 2017

34 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

That Gaslight/Springsteen moment was so special.   The set was an absolute highlight even without that - probably the best I've ever seen in the John Peel tent - but Bruce coming out took it even higher.   

I loved the way hundreds of people sat on the grass out the back of the tent came running in to watch - capacity increased very quickly as soon as he flashed up on the screens. Was a cracking set even without Bruce ..... still not sure he knew the words though! 

The Strokes are playing Poland on the Thursday after Glastonbury. I'm still not convinced they'd play without headlining but I wonder if Grimmy was right all along and they're the missing sub? They could have been held back to allow APE more time to sell tickets.

Edited by kingcrawler

18 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The Strokes are playing Poland on the Thursday after Glastonbury. I'm still not convinced they'd play without headlining but I wonder if Grimmy was right all along and they're the missing sub? They could have been held back to allow APE more time to sell tickets.

Don't get me hyped about the prospect again.

Too late. PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN. Cure / Strokes. What dreams are made of.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB