2021 Lineup

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I think you underestimate there popularity, songs like Common People and Disco 2000 are still massive

and everyone would be silent for every other song except day ticket holders is the issue

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

and everyone would be silent for every other song except day ticket holders is the issue

Nah, think you mean everyone would be elsewhere watching someone else while day ticket holders were watching Pulp lmao.

Would be an awful move from the festival to book them and they 100% know that. 
Besides, Pulp aren’t even together atm. Jarvis has just released a solo album and is touring as JARV...IS. As well as this, I’m fairly sure he said in an interview not long ago that there are no plans to tour as Pulp for the foreseeable.

Edited by TheWaters

New Kanye album next Friday. Absolutely no chance of him playing but good news nonetheless. Let’s hope it’s actually released and it’s better than JIK.

EDIT: already deleted the tweet lmao. Hopefully it’s him trying to create buzz. Had 15K likes and 7K retweets in 2 minutes which is insane.

C690ABD8-094C-4A34-B5BA-A0CD19E013C3.jpeg

Edited by TheWaters

8 hours ago, TheWaters said:

New Kanye album next Friday. Absolutely no chance of him playing but good news nonetheless. Let’s hope it’s actually released and it’s better than JIK.

EDIT: already deleted the tweet lmao. Hopefully it’s him trying to create buzz. Had 15K likes and 7K retweets in 2 minutes which is insane.

C690ABD8-094C-4A34-B5BA-A0CD19E013C3.jpeg

I’m pretty sure he would be the most expensive act R&L have ever booked.

He’d do like three songs from JIK, go on a rant then walk off stage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Absolute class, Glass Animals vs Dua Lipa would be tough but apart from that brilliant

get your priorities in check mate 😂

16 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

They’re up against Arctic Monkeys and AJ Tracey tho, perfect imo

its more than its stupid booking them that low down, they should do like R1 sub/headline a dif day or mainstage somewhere

16 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Nah, think you mean everyone would be elsewhere watching someone else while day ticket holders were watching Pulp lmao.

Would be an awful move from the festival to book them and they 100% know that. 
Besides, Pulp aren’t even together atm. Jarvis has just released a solo album and is touring as JARV...IS. As well as this, I’m fairly sure he said in an interview not long ago that there are no plans to tour as Pulp for the foreseeable.

I'd definitely going and see them since they would probably be up against a hip hop artist in the R1. maybe dance test, but it would have to be an act i like as i would really want to see common people honestly. wouldnt be booked anyway 😕 

3 hours ago, Ives562 said:

When are we likely to get a first announcement im in that weird position of having my ticket and not knowing who will be there 

Quite a while, usually they are one of the last festivals to headline. this year is such an anomaly though it could literally be next week for all we know. i would expect after when the festival is mean to be earliest or the reading weekend.

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Quite a while, usually they are one of the last festivals to headline. this year is such an anomaly though it could literally be next week for all we know. i would expect after when the festival is mean to be earliest or the reading weekend.

Reckon they’ll give a few hints Reading weekend tbh

30 minutes ago, gfa said:

I'd definitely going and see them since they would probably be up against a hip hop artist in the R1. maybe dance test, but it would have to be an act i like as i would really want to see common people honestly. wouldnt be booked anyway 😕 

Yeah don’t get me wrong if they ever were booked I’d most likely see them, however the majority wouldn’t and they just won’t be booked tbf as you say.

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Not overly long hopefully we get something wanna start getting excited for next year :)

23 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Probably will never happen as there at slam dunk or ever again, but would love to see Me First And The Gimme Gimmes have a main stage think that could be a lot of fun

Yeah I like that idea of a super fun old school band to hype up the crowd 

Imagine the scenes if Alestorm played MS

2 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

According to Ticketmaster Poland RATM are postponing their September 2020 headine shows to „fall 2021“. Dates tba.

Makes them unlikely for this.

Does that not make them more likely? Finishing off their US tour on the 20th August, before coming over for R+L, and then moving onto Europe for September dates sounds like it could work.

I will hold onto the hope they will be there until that damn 2021 poster with the Courteeners headlining appears, I swear to God.

16 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Does that not make them more likely? Finishing off their US tour on the 20th August, before coming over for R+L, and then moving onto Europe for September dates sounds like it could work.

I will hold onto the hope they will be there until that damn 2021 poster with the Courteeners headlining appears, I swear to God.

Courteeners couldn't sell out PRYZM in Kingston! I understand the joke element of it but do people genuinely believe Courteeners have a remote chance of co-headlining? I just cannot see it at all.

19 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Sadly it looks like the tour will be postponed to November 2021 rather than September...

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Courteeners couldn't sell out PRYZM in Kingston! I understand the joke element of it but do people genuinely believe Courteeners have a remote chance of co-headlining? I just cannot see it at all.

Jokes aside, truth be told, I can't see it ever happening myself. Absolutely no chance they deserve to either in my honest opinion. There is always a slight worry in the back of my mind that FR might give them the chance however.....

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

but they did sell 50,000 tickets for Heaton Park in under an hour so their ability to shift tickets is up for debate (even if it was in Manchester) i don't think they should headline but it wouldn't look out of place considering they're also headlining TRNSMT, day tickets might struggle to shift at Reading but Leeds would be a different story

9 hours ago, R Shah said:

No they don’t ffs, MCR do tho they could come in