2021 Lineup

29 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

True. I still reckon if there is an R1 stage then there’s not an obvious indie headliner. Perhaps Wombats or Two Door would do it, but would headlining that be considered a demotion?

Yeah neither are dropping down, Two Door could potentially be a headliner with 6 at this point. And the Wombats aren’t really R1 headline material imo, just a good indie band that makes you feel good on a Saturday afternoon

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yeah neither are dropping down, Two Door could potentially be a headliner with 6 at this point. And the Wombats aren’t really R1 headline material imo, just a good indie band that makes you feel good on a Saturday afternoon

I'm sticking to the fact that if the R1 stage is there it will be Rex Orange County/Sam Fender/Slowthai in that order for Leeds 

8 hours ago, Creasin said:

I think I've discovered something lads, R1 isn't going anywhere here me out. On the poster I think the acts that are going to be on the main stage's are the ones with there own logos aka Yungblud, Post Malone and Charli XCX etc. But if you look closely AJ Tracey and Doja Cat aren't on the lineup in their official logos but in the same font as everyone else just bigger. This makes me believe that they are R1 headlines which to me makes perfect sense as AJ was supposed to headline R1 last year. Also leaves one R1 headliner TBC which RandL have been known to do in the past. I think slowthai is a perfect act for the free R1 headline slot as his audience might not be too eager on LG and QOTSA.

Screenshot 2021-02-28 at 18.47.42.png

Think you might be right, they'd have 15 acts across the main stages on LG day so they'd either be playing about 30 mins each or have to start at the crack of dawn

15 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Think you might be right, they'd have 15 acts across the main stages on LG day so they'd either be playing about 30 mins each or have to start at the crack of dawn

That's my thinking, even with alternating main stages, there'll be a short break between so they don't overlap

I would have thought Rex Orange County could play a 4pm slot on the main stage either the LG or Posty day. Nice chill vibe.

Sam Fender is the right act to play against Stormzy would take the crowd from Catfish that don't want to watch Big Michael.

Doja Cat is too popular to play against Posty in that she will draw a huge crowd to MS but not against Posty.

All speculation ofc 

I also have a feeling the announcement for more acts will be this Thursday...

36 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I would have thought Rex Orange County could play a 4pm slot on the main stage either the LG or Posty day. Nice chill vibe.

Sam Fender is the right act to play against Stormzy would take the crowd from Catfish that don't want to watch Big Michael.

Doja Cat is too popular to play against Posty in that she will draw a huge crowd to MS but not against Posty.

All speculation ofc 

I also have a feeling the announcement for more acts will be this Thursday...

You thinking this cause its a week after Reading sold out, i reckon definitely this week but maybe Friday... 

3 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

You thinking this cause its a week after Reading sold out, i reckon definitely this week but maybe Friday... 

Yes because they can say a huge thank you to people who  bought tickets. But the reason I said Thursday is because thats when most of the line up announcements are Tuesdays or Thursdays and looks like there will not be one today.

4 hours ago, foolee said:

I know what you're saying but it also doesn't make sense to have MK, Gallows and Sports Team on the main stages. I think MK is dance headliners, Gallows are the pit headliners and Sports Team are FR headliners. 

i agree with that i just don’t see why would they put them specifically under main stage east, i suppose if you try and apply logic to this poster you’ll go insane

6 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

yeah but solardo is in the bunch of names at the bottom, not specifically under MSE534318E0-2B22-4EBE-B0FE-BC3C2B7B2763.thumb.jpeg.51dbdb330e8322fc6f6379d1f9d399b7.jpeg

But I can’t see what the difference is between where sigrid and beabadoobe are and where solardo is. Granted the former are above the MSW, but I still think it’s just a styling choice and the main stages only apply to the headliner they are alongside

So should we predict what each stage headliners are going to look like? (Reading Edition)

Main Stage East: FRI: STORMZY SAT: Post Malone SUN: Liam Gallagher

Main Stage West: FRI: Catfish & The Bottlemen SAT: Disclosure SUN: Queens of the Stone Age

R1?: FRI: Sam Fender SAT: IDLES SUN: slowthai

Dance: FRI: MK SAT: SOLARDO SUN: CRUCAST

Pit/Lock Up: FRI: Gallows SAT: Fever 333 SUN: Neck Deep

FR:  FRI: Sports Team SAT: Beebadoobee SUN: Girl in Red

1xtra: FRI: Jack Harlow SAT: Wiley SUN: KSI

Let me know what you think

this is exactly the lineup 

3 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So should we predict what each stage headliners are going to look like? (Reading Edition)

Main Stage West: FRI: Catfish & The Bottlemen SAT: Disclosure SUN: Queens of the Stone Age

this is exactly the line up i’m hoping for

8 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

Can't see them booking Wiley after his anti Semitic rant last year. JME?

can see Neck Deep being on main stage considering they headlined the pit back in 2017 and have had an 1 or 2 albums out since then (think its 1 but dont follow them that much as of recent). Probably similar to how Sum 41, Waterparks and Creeper have had main stage slots recently. All Time Low and As It Is had main stage slots for 2020.