Download 2020

gabrielomachado

19 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Any predictions on the non-metal acts that are creeping in to the line-up (cf Die Antwoord)

I think Rodrigo y Gabriela would go down very well, actually surprised they haven't played it already.

Denzel Curry perhaps

Edit: Oops, already been said

Also 2nd the Death Grips nod, so many Metallica and Iron Maiden tees at their show in Nottingham earlier this month

Edited by jamieaslee

6 hours ago, Red Day said:

That’s the tickets purchased. Always enjoy it and always find something I haven’t seen before. Power Trip were that band of the weekend. Animals as Leaders also a decent find. Amazing players

Yeah I'm in as well. Bit of a bummer putting tix on sale whilst we were still in the field but managed to get campervan pass again.

As for a non metal act Seasick Steve would absolutely slay.

1 hour ago, devilman said:

Yeah I'm in as well. Bit of a bummer putting tix on sale whilst we were still in the field but managed to get campervan pass again.

As for a non metal act Seasick Steve would absolutely slay.

Surprised I never bumped into you again this year.  Thought Slipknot were outstanding headliner

On 6/19/2019 at 8:17 PM, maelzoid said:

Any predictions on the non-metal acts that are creeping in to the line-up (cf Die Antwoord)

I think Rodrigo y Gabriela would go down very well, actually surprised they haven't played it already.

Poppy. Although I guess she is sort of a metal act.

Also the next Grimes album is meant to be a nu metal one, so that would be cool as fuck but I can’t see her playing at all.

Poppy will play in 2020, I’d bet on it. 

I back Seasick Steve hard. I’d love to see him. 

I’d like some more really heavy shit on the Dogtooth. Ingested, Cattle Decapitation, Full of Hell, for example. 

Also, some of the Holy Roar bands would be nice like MØL, Slow Crush, Svalbard and Ithaca. 

This needs discussion! I live for these bands at Download...

Agree with the other suggestions so far but would add Scarxlrd played at BMTH recent APE show. Pigspigspigs are quite a left-field upcoming metalish group,  could also seen Snapped Ankles getting booked. What with the occasionally dance act being booked historically could also see Atari Teenage Riot playing.

Agree with the other picks as well: Denzel Curry, death grips and king giz and the wiz liz.

Disagree with Run The Jewels because personally they're boring. 

Someone like City And Colour would draw a big crowd on Avalanche, especially as an alternative to metal bands on the other stages.

I think Grimes is big enough to headline Avalanche as well.

Something like.

Friday

AC/DC

Thunder

Within Temptation

Evanescence

------

Nightwish

Lacuna Coil

------ 

Comeback Kid

Saturday

Metallica

Ghost

Gojira

Anathema

------

Dropkick Murphys

Stiff Little Fingers

------

Dance Gavin Dance

Sunday

Iron Maiden

Five Finger Death Punch

Alestorm

We Came As Romans

-------

Architects

Cannibal Corpse

-------

Taking Back Sunday

Edited by madmaninabox

1 hour ago, madmaninabox said:

Something like.

Friday

AC/DC

Thunder

Within Temptation

Evanescence

------

Nightwish

Lacuna Coil

------ 

Comeback Kid

Saturday

Metallica

Ghost

Gojira

Anathema

------

Dropkick Murphys

Stiff Little Fingers

------

Dance Gavin Dance

Sunday

Iron Maiden

Five Finger Death Punch

Alestorm

We Came As Romans

-------

Architects

Cannibal Corpse

-------

Taking Back Sunday

No way they can get those three headliners in one weekend. The cost of those three combined would be nuclear. 

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

No way they can get those three headliners in one weekend. The cost of those three combined would be nuclear. 

If all 130,000 customers bought early bird tickets they'd have 23.125m come in (likely 3-4m more as anyone bought after headliners won't be early bird) before you even account for bar, vendor and village income and any upgrade and car parking income. Obviously some of that would need to go into other artists and staff and infrastructure and other bands but going by that list of gig prices for bands that got released a couple of years ago £2m would be the absolute tops including a good stage show, £1m for just the bands.  So £6m on headliners. Bargain given the ticket guarantee from them..... 

??? Yeah okay maybe it'll be  Iron Maiden / Bring Me the Horizon / KISS

• Upvote 1

BLINK-182, Deftones, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Rival Sons, Sikth, Atreyu, Black Peaks, Andrew W.K.
Zippo: Alice Cooper, Dinosaur Jr.
Avalanche: Ghostmane, Anti-Flag
Dogtooth: Corrosion Of Conformity 

RAMMSTEIN, Korn, Mastodon, Marmozets, Code Orange, DevilDriver, Graveyard, The Men That Will Not Be Blamed for Nothing
Zippo: Don Broco, Baroness
Avalanche: NOFX, P.O.D
Dogtooth: Ho99o9

KISS, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Greta Van Fleet, Airbourne, The Temperance Movement, Monster Magnet, Creeper, Cradle of Filth, Turbonegro
Zippo: Pendulum, In Flames
Avalanche: Y3K (unannounced), Jimmy Eat World
Dogtooth: Napalm Death

46 minutes ago, TownNation said:

I purchased my weekend tickets for 2020! It'll be my first Download Festival. Just hope I've chosen the right year to come! 

Download always manage a decent line up, and even if they don't the campsites / village offer just enough to interest you (could be more but could say that for most festivals). If your into punk, rock or metal there should be something on site to interest you.

Anyway here's a daft attempt at a line up (Classic Rock Day / 90s Day and a pop punk day):

Probably a tad on the pricey side but:

AC/DC

Rainbow

Judas Priest

Scorpions

Boston

Extreme

------------------

Prophets of Rage

Public Enemy

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

-----------------