Download 2020

gabrielomachado

52 minutes ago, markopaddy92 said:

The fact that people buy tickets before the bands have even been announced is proof that festivals are a camping holiday first and foremost and the music is just a bonus.

The only headliner that would entice me back to Download would be System of a Down, one of my favourite bands Lacuna Coil are releasing an album this autumn so they should make an appearance half way up the bill which is ludicrous, they should be subbing in my opinion but Download wouldn't want to be doing that, they would rather something like Die Antwoord subbing to attract all the dyed blonde haired girls to Download with their little shorts, you can leave me out of it, I am content seeing Lacuna Coil in a 800 capacity venue in Dublin on a cold November night, just how i like it.

Lacuna Coil were pretty good and well received last time they played. They won't sub but would be good for 4th down main stage. About right I'd say. I would say that pretty much zero purely Die Antwoord fans came this year. The punters were the normal Download punters. A lot of them liked Die Antwoord, some went to see what it was about and left and some went and saw other stuff. A few stayed away and cried into their Trooper beer, kept their double denim mud free and missed the rest of an awesome weekend.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, markopaddy92 said:

The fact that people buy tickets before the bands have even been announced is proof that festivals are a camping holiday first and foremost and the music is just a bonus.

The only headliner that would entice me back to Download would be System of a Down, one of my favourite bands Lacuna Coil are releasing an album this autumn so they should make an appearance half way up the bill which is ludicrous, they should be subbing in my opinion but Download wouldn't want to be doing that, they would rather something like Die Antwoord subbing to attract all the dyed blonde haired girls to Download with their little shorts, you can leave me out of it, I am content seeing Lacuna Coil in a 800 capacity venue in Dublin on a cold November night, just how i like it.

I dont like Die Antwoord and didn't watch them. By my brother and several of our MALE mates do like them and did watch them. So yeah your sexism is BS.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Muse, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Guns N' Roses have all done festivals and stadiums in the same run before - Tool this year as well. I could maybe agree if Rammstein hadn't just done a festivals-only run around Europe but they're gonna be doing festivals again at some point. I'm sure they still have the festival set in storage as well.

I don't know how you can say KISS are on a genuine final tour when they've done so many final tours. :P They were playing all around Europe this summer and Download didn't book them. Hellfest and Graspop are hardly gonna book them just to be blindsided by them coming back with a 'last shows ever!' gimmick. They quite possibly legally can't put 'last UK show ever' under the KISS name because it's so obviously bullshit.

As for Metallica, they are coming to the end of that Worldwired tour and really seem to feel the strain nowadays. I think they might do some parts of the world in 2020 but Europe is pretty much ticked off now (or it will be in September).

Have you seen the latest Rammstein production they’re using in stadiums? It’s insane. The sheer size of it is stunning. That production wouldn’t fit at any festival and they’re not going to scale it down for a festival show in the middle of the stadium tour. I really do think that they’re out of the running. 

Also, people saying about the stadium shows coming earlier in the year; football. 

With KISS, whilst it’s easy to laugh off any suggestion of it actually being a final tour, surely this has to be. Look at the state of them. I don’t think that will deter DL at all, though. 

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Have you seen the latest Rammstein production they’re using in stadiums? It’s insane. The sheer size of it is stunning. That production wouldn’t fit at any festival and they’re not going to scale it down for a festival show in the middle of the stadium tour. I really do think that they’re out of the running. 

Also, people saying about the stadium shows coming earlier in the year; football. 

With KISS, whilst it’s easy to laugh off any suggestion of it actually being a final tour, surely this has to be. Look at the state of them. I don’t think that will deter DL at all, though. 

Why do you keep saying 'in the middle'? Its 17 dates announced so far! Could be the case they do those in May and early June then swap to festivals! I mean its June 2019 right now its not as if they don't have time to plan another production set up! If they go ahead and announce a whole bunch mpre fair enough but we shall see. For all we know they might do stuff over the winter too its early days! 

Edited by Spiral_Low

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

Alter Bridge - Metallica - Iron maiden as headliners?

or it would be so expensive?

Be really surpised if Alter Bridge did it ahead of Korn or others like NIN and Pearl Jam. Alter Bridge to sub i'd guess if they play. Sonisphere had Metallica and Iron Maiden same weekend so its very doable, ticket sales would be high so worth the extra cost. Download this year was 80000 I think (based on a random response they gave when asked about umbrellas being banned haha but it seems about right). Can go up to 110000 and those 2 together would sell alot!

When Muse did stadiums and festivals, all they did was scale down a wee touch. It wasn't two different productions. Rammstein have always kinda stuck to the same sort of production, and that MK show could easily be scaled down to a festival stage. I can see themm doing that.

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It honestly doesn't take that much. The size of it is just that. Size. But it's mostly the same show as I seen in Manchester, which in turn was the same as Download the last time they played. It just seemed bigger because it was in a stadium but when I think about the three shows, there wasn't a massive difference.

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

Why do you keep saying 'in the middle'? Its 17 dates announced so far! Could be the case they do those in May and early June then swap to festivals! I mean its June 2019 right now its not as if they don't have time to plan another production set up! If they go ahead and announce a whole bunch mpre fair enough but we shall see. For all we know they might do stuff over the winter too its early days! 

Oh, just the 17 dates. Not many then? :lol: They’re not playing stadium shows in the bloody winter. 

48 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

It honestly doesn't take that much. The size of it is just that. Size. But it's mostly the same show as I seen in Manchester, which in turn was the same as Download the last time they played. It just seemed bigger because it was in a stadium but when I think about the three shows, there wasn't a massive difference.

Have you actually seen it? It’s like a damn city. It’s huge. I would be very, very surprised if they do Download.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Oh, just the 17 dates. Not many then? :lol: They’re not playing stadium shows in the bloody winter. 

....in Europe. They might go Australia for example. Or do Arenas in US or Asia.

And 17 stadiums is basically 3-4 weeks, i.e. could be done May / start of June like I said before festival season starts.

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rammstein are out. They're hitting the stadiums and I would wager on English stadium dates being announced after the MK show. 

If they announce an English stadium show then I’ll say they’re out, but to me them playing Belfast a few days after Download 2020 puts it closer to happening. Bands do stadiums around festival shows all the time so that isn’t a factor.

Edited by dentalplan

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If they announce an English stadium show then I’ll say they’re out, but to me them playing Belfast a few days after Download 2020 puts it closer to happening. Bands do stadiums around festival shows all the time so that isn’t a factor.

Yeah I think this could make them more likely! Maybe something along the lines of

Blink 182/ A day to remember

Rammstein

Kiss

1 hour ago, gabrielomachado said:

I think Rammstein just want to do their own thing on this tour. They are not playing even one german festival this year, don't seem like they're doing festivals. They don't even have an proper opening act, just some duo playing covers of them.

Agreed. Rammstein didn’t play Download for years and years, it shouldn’t be so surprising that they might not want to play it (or any other festivals) on this cycle. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Look at the wording of it. It sounds like they’re announcing English stadium shows. 

'UK shows' could mean Download and a Scottish date. Maybe a 1 day Download branded Scottish show. Who knows. Those dates are just rather Download friendly. But yes I understand it says as part of Stadium tour.

Edit: they so have the Download Paris 2020 dates free. 

Edited by Spiral_Low