Download 2020

gabrielomachado

Bit of a shift to the centre but would this work? I know Blink subbing is still maybe a bit of a stretch but it seems more likely than headlining fests in the UK at this point.

QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, Architects, Greta Van Fleet, Papa Roach
Z: Shinedown, Stain'd

GREEN DAY, Blink-182, Run the Jewels, At the Drive-in
Z: Megadeth, Mastodon

RAMMSTEIN, Ghost, Gojira, Code Orange
Z: The Offspring, Bowling For Soup

35 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Surely they wouldn't have Queen Day and Green's in the same year? I reckon that'd alienate the majority of your Donington faithful

I wouldn't say 'the majority' would be alienated seeing as Foo Fighters seem to be a massive favourite in headliner polls but yeah that was intentional, in a way. Not as flagrantly as what I posted but I feel that the fest is gradually shifting towards a more mainstream rock crowd and those two would probably haul in punters that had little interest before. It's not what I think will happen but just a hypothetical kinda thing I was thinking about.

43 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Surely they wouldn't have Queen Day and Green's in the same year? I reckon that'd alienate the majority of your Donington faithful

They are so desperate for headliners I don't see why not. They can get someone like Deaf Leppard or Aerosmith again to keep the established formula going but that they aren't mega draws nor will they win the over the crowd anymore than "Queen Day" would.

It's a shame Chester topped himself as with Linkin Park gone it's one less band for them to rotate every 3 years.

I really do think that ADTR should get the push in 2020 and I also think that Blink’s headlining days are over but if they’re both about, Copping isn’t going to pass on getting Blink to headline with ADTR subbing. 

I love the lineup though @dentalplan Code Orange playing that high is a shout by the time they have a new album. I think your placing below the headliners is pretty spot on except Mastodon. They would headline the Zippo comfortably or play third down Main. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I really do think that ADTR should get the push in 2020 and I also think that Blink’s headlining days are over but if they’re both about, Copping isn’t going to pass on getting Blink to headline with ADTR subbing. 

I love the lineup though @dentalplan Code Orange playing that high is a shout by the time they have a new album. I think your placing below the headliners is pretty spot on except Mastodon. They would headline the Zippo comfortably or play third down Main. 

Yeah that’s why I didn’t opt for my actual thought that Korn will headline, they need someone bigger on the other day (and I could see QOTSA being back quickly).

Mastodon have stalled haven’t they? I can’t see them moving up from last time they played, but generally they could get away with headlining Zippo I’d agree.

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah that’s why I didn’t opt for my actual thought that Korn will headline, they need someone bigger on the other day (and I could see QOTSA being back quickly).

Mastodon have stalled haven’t they? I can’t see them moving up from last time they played, but generally they could get away with headlining Zippo I’d agree.

Yeah, they’ve stayed around the same size. They still consistently sell out Brixton and other academies. If Lamb of God can get away with being third down this year, Mastodon can too. 

I feel that Rammstein are a lock with the new album being here imminently. 

I’ve got this feeling that they’ve secured AC/DC for all Downloads in 2020. DL Paris is back on a weekend ticket only format so that could indicate something big.

Edited by Andre91

Half wish list/half prediction (I'm bored of FFDP, Mastodon and Ghost tbh but can see them all popping up)

Friday:
Korn, Alice In Chains, Five Finger Death Punch

Saturday:
Rammstein, Deftones, Mastodon

Sunday:
Metallica, Machine Head (Burn My Eyes in full), Ghost

Not likely but here’s the wish list:

Fri:

Queen + Adam Lambert / AlterBridge / Greta Van Fleet / Status Quo

Architects  / Of mice and men 

Sat: 

AC/DC / Parkway Drive / Limp Bizkit / Pierce the Veil / Turnstile

Korn / Disturbed / Code Orange / Knocked Loose / Vein

Sun:

Metallica / Ghost / Megadeth / Papa Roach

FFDP / Killswitch Engage / In flames 

32 minutes ago, jump said:

I would have thought Download would stay clear of Adam Lambert's Queen karaoke with the stigma attached to them killing off Sonisphere.

Different times now. To say that Freddie film have them a shot in the arm is an understatement. It gave them a shot in the arm of that stuff that the Monstars use on Space Jam.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

Different times now. To say that Freddie film have them a shot in the arm is an understatement. It gave them a shot in the arm of that stuff that the Monstars use on Space Jam.

I can see it now, there's an outcry that Adam Lambert is on stage rather than the Mr Robot guy.

Gonna have a dig:

Fri -

Rammstein/Deftones/Code Orange/

Five Finger Death Punch/While She Sleeps

Sat -

A Day To Remember/Architects/Gojira 

Ghost/

Sun - 

Iron Maiden/Alter Bridge/Greta Van Fleet

Don Broco

Edited by Dukey

Just now, jump said:

I'm surprised System Of A Down haven't been thrown out as a suggestion, they are still touring and it's been awhile since they have played Europe. 

They headlined in 2017 though and there are a load of other headliner worthy bands touring (or will be touring) so you'd think theyd probably go for those instead. But always a chance especially if other bands say no.

2 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

They headlined in 2017 though and there are a load of other headliner worthy bands touring (or will be touring) so you'd think theyd probably go for those instead. But always a chance especially if other bands say no.

There's lots of things you can say about Download but a load of choices for headliners isn't one of them. A lot of the suggestions like AC/DC, Green Day etc I don't see happening.

3 hours ago, jump said:

There's lots of things you can say about Download but a load of choices for headliners isn't one of them. A lot of the suggestions like AC/DC, Green Day etc I don't see happening.

Ok maybe not loads but ya got Rammsten, Metallica, Iron Maiden, KISS touring who have all done it before.

Plus theres bands like Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam who have yet to do it. (FF I dunno but it feels like they will *one day*).

And Korn who deserve the bump up.

I think theyd try all those (and AC/DC and Green Day) before they went for SOAD again.