Download 2020

gabrielomachado

On 5/30/2019 at 4:36 PM, Andre91 said:

Two of them will never play and the other is more likely to turn up elsewhere. 

Which is which?

They've done enough UK on this tour but I think Foos headline Download on their next album tour. They've gradually been doing more hard rock fests around the world (incl. DL Paris) and they'll have R+L and Glasto crossed off the potentials due to recency. I think it'll happen.

Edited by dentalplan

Not really a forum I go into too much, but could Muse make a return? Too early for Glastonbury or Reading again, IOW is possible although they would probably do both since they are the same weekend/week off. Mind you i have no idea how well it went down last time they played, was just thinking about it after seeing t-shirts for it last night at their London Stadium show.

Blink-182 or A Day To Remember / Limp Bizkit / Architects / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps / Knocked Loose / Employed To Serve 

Mastodon / The Mars Volta 

The Menzingers 

Rammstein / Disturbed / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / Code Orange / Billy Talent / Soulfly / The Raven Age 

Within Temptation / Staind

The Ghost Inside 

Iron Maiden / Judas Priest / Greta Van Fleet / Alestorm / Baroness / Arch Enemy / The Wildhearts / Grand Magus 

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Jimmy Eat World 

New Found Glory 

On 6/9/2019 at 7:48 PM, Andre91 said:

Blink-182 or A Day To Remember / Limp Bizkit / Architects / Papa Roach / While She Sleeps / Knocked Loose / Employed To Serve 

Mastodon / The Mars Volta 

The Menzingers 

Rammstein / Disturbed / Gojira / Killswitch Engage / Code Orange / Billy Talent / Soulfly / The Raven Age 

Within Temptation / Staind

The Ghost Inside 

Iron Maiden / Judas Priest / Greta Van Fleet / Alestorm / Baroness / Arch Enemy / The Wildhearts / Grand Magus 

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Jimmy Eat World 

New Found Glory 

They better get in quick with ADTR because that new Marshmello colloboration is basically a pop song. 

5 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Think one of ADTR or Alter Bridge has gotta headline.

Rammstein seem super likely too.

Yeah personally I'd be booing ADTR before they go too mainstream, Rammstein and Metallica.

I know it's only one song collaboration for ADTR with Marshmellow but even entering into that feels quite telling, not even BMTH did that.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:21 PM, thewayiam said:

They better get in quick with ADTR because that new Marshmello colloboration is basically a pop song. 

Well yeah, it's a Marshmello song...I don't see this being an indication of where they're going at all.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah personally I'd be booing ADTR before they go too mainstream, Rammstein and Metallica.

I know it's only one song collaboration for ADTR with Marshmellow but even entering into that feels quite telling, not even BMTH did that.

Do you seriously think the marshmello song is the direction they’ll be going in from now on? That’s mental.

Edited by Steve1000

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Do you seriously think the marshmello song is the direction they’ll be going in from now on? That’s mental.

I don't get why you would involve yourself with an artist such as Marshmello if you didn't at least want to see if there was a catch on reaction from it.

Their most recent output themselves is certainly a bit more mainstream than previously too.

38 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't get why you would involve yourself with an artist such as Marshmello if you didn't at least want to see if there was a catch on reaction from it.

Their most recent output themselves is certainly a bit more mainstream than previously too.

I’ve not listened to ADTR’s early early stuff, but Bad Vibrations hardly seems any more mainstream than the few albums before it, certainly not enough for Download to worry about. 

I’m sure they did collab with Marshmello to try and pick up a few new fans and as a quick cash grab, but I’m certain this won’t be the direction they end up going in. Code Orange have collaborated with c**ting Alt-J. It’s just what happens.

Edited by Steve1000

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I’ve not listened to ADTR’s early early stuff, but Bad Vibrations hardly seems any more mainstream than the few albums before it, certainly not enough for Download to worry about. 

I’m sure they did collab with Marshmello to try and pick up a few new fans and as a quick cash grab, but I’m certain this won’t be the direction they end up going in. Code Orange have collaborated with c**ting Alt-J. It’s just what happens.

I'm not saying they are going release a pop album but when bands see a reaction from this sort of mix it can be a mind changed. Early stuff had a lot heavier stuff then say Paranoia which is decent....that was the 1st one when I thought this is a little different.

I'm no one thinks it's the direction bands go when they are a fan though and then they do. Hopefully not but bands see what the mainstream can do....some albums down the line and think look what we could do and the money we can make. Download crowd for example wouldn't give that song time of day...friend of mine is huge on ADTR and he said it's not that bad but not for me....turn that to a Reading crowd for example and generally more mainstream attendance and it'll probably go down much better.

No one need to collaborate with Alt-J.