Trying new experiences at Glastonbury

Mich1268

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

The exception is the milkshake stand on the way down from the park.  No way I'm limiting those chocolate bad boys when I have an inexplicable hankering for something sweet :P

A Jaffa Cake shake from the Shaken Udder topped up with nuff rum is definitely a staple once the cider starts to taste like petrol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A Jaffa Cake shake from the Shaken Udder topped up with nuff rum is definitely a staple once the cider starts to taste like petrol.

Ooh, not tried that!  Is Shaken Udder the one I'm thinking of by the Park?  Or is it on the way out of the Other field?

I'll not lie, if I'm at the point when I crave a milkshake I'm not, um, entirely clear on my location.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ooh, not tried that!  Is Shaken Udder the one I'm thinking of by the Park?  Or is it on the way out of the Other field?

I'll not lie, if I'm at the point when I crave a milkshake I'm not, um, entirely clear on my location.

There are two of them. One's in the Leftfield and the other one....well....admittedly I can't quite recall.

There's also a similar / rip off place in William's Green.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There are two of them. One's in the Leftfield and the other one....well....admittedly I can't quite recall.

There's also a similar / rip off place in William's Green.

OK, might be the Left Field one I'm thinking then. Actually yes it would be, called in there for an emergency sugar hit after I had a sudden attack of the need to lie down and sweat for 10 minutes during Charlatans in '15 :lol:

Go and see Billy Bragg in Leftfield on Friday night.....he's going to have a lot to say about the resignation of Theresa May, the inevitable collapse of the Tory Government, the result of the second EU Referendum, and the last minute avoidance of Brexit and economic doom for the country and it's people.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Go and see Billy Bragg in Leftfield on Friday night.....he's going to have a lot to say about the resignation of Theresa May, the inevitable collapse of the Tory Government, the result of the second EU Referendum, and the last minute avoidance of Brexit and economic doom for the country and it's people.

can you tell me if im going to have success at my interview on Thurs too ?

25 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Keeping it light next year then

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not remotely tempted by that prospect.

Don't get me wrong, it's in the same way that I get an urge to learn Cantonese or to not make inappropriate jokes at work. Never going to happen in reality.

2 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Husband did it at Womad and enjoyed it muchly. It would have been better if he had emptied his pockets first though.

Made the mistake of sitting in one of those spinning gyroscope chair thingies when I was a student. I'd just broken a twenty, took a minute to start feeling the pound coins riding up my pocket. Shrapnel firing out in all directions across the union. There were casualties.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I keep getting the urge to try a year completely sober, just to see whether it's actually just the excuse to get mashed for 5 days that I enjoy :lol:

Quite frankly I've never heard a dafter idea! ?

Getting mashed in a field is simply spectacular. Why deny yourself that for even one year??!!

Edited by semmtexx

I'd recommend Lekkido Lord of the Lobsters - he really cheered me up when I was at a low point trudging through mud in 2016!  Love Strummerville too and if I get a ticket and Rodney Brannigan is playing I'll definitely be there!  Like others, I try to eat at different places every meal time.

IF I get a ticket I will also look forward to trying new things as well.  

My stomach is churning at the thought of ticket buying time!

Pick a band-name-theme..........

In 2014 I actually decided I would only watch female fronted bands....... Dolly Parton, Lily Allen, Lana del Ray, Caro Emerald, Blondie, Warpaint, MIA, Goldfrapp, St Vincent, Yoko Ono, ESG, Anna Calvi, Courtney Barnett, Cate le Bon,, Lykke Li, Suzanne Vega etc. And I pretty much stuck to it.

And then in 2015 I chose only edible bands........ Patti Smith, Deadmau5, Hot Chip, Super Furry Animals, Goat, Wolf Alice, Pussy Riot, King Gizzard, Lamb etc.  I didn't stick to this much.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Quark said:

When I went on my own for the first time last year I made a point of doing a few things I'd not done before:

• Go to the eFests meet on Wed
  • Actually get close and watch the fireworks properly
  • Watch someone at Speaker's Corner
  • Hobo Jones on the Friday
  • Get a coffee and chill out in The Woods
  • Watch (or join in) the demos in the Craft Fields (I watched a chap making jewellery and a bow and arrow)
  • If it's something different for you, go vegetarian (or even vegan) for a day.  See what new foods you end up trying. Or just set yourself the challenge of a day to eat at food stands you've never tried.

Hi Quark

how did you find going solo? will do this also next year if i get a ticket slightly worried about loneliness but could always reach out on here if i got too down. its all abouts ifs right now

4 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

Hi Quark

how did you find going solo? will do this also next year if i get a ticket slightly worried about loneliness but could always reach out on here if i got too down. its all abouts ifs right now

I'll PM you bud, be quite a lengthy post otherwise!

4 hours ago, Quark said:

I keep getting the urge to try a year completely sober, just to see whether it's actually just the excuse to get mashed for 5 days that I enjoy :lol:

I'm always straight and sober for five whole days after Glastonbury. I always feel quite shitty for these five days so I don't think you should risk it.

8 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

I like that! healing fields I assume

I don’t think it was; seem to think it being somewhere along between William’s Green and Bandstand, though I could be miles out, or possibly over near the t&c stretch? Can’t really remember......

Fortunately mrs oneeye did empty her pockets of stuff before rotation.

She found it relaxing etc, not my bag though.

i would recommend a massage, ace when your body is telling you to slow down.

Edited by oneeye