T-Day - Fair ticket sales within groups

discgoesmic

Hiya.

This might be a possible solution for you. 2016 my group (only of 3) were  struggling to get through for tickets. At about 20 past nine one of us got a WhatsApp message off someone we became friendly with at the site in 2015 asking if we’d had any luck. Negative we told him. Well, he’d got through and booked tickets for his group, after completing the process he got in touch with us and (according to him) he simply pressed the “back” button on his browser and repeated the buying process with our details and good to his word that’s actually what he did as we all got our ticket confirmations and eventually tickets?. So I guess what I’m saying is, if you get through once, complete the transaction for 6 then back it all up and do it all again for the remaining 1. 

Good luck...

On 9/5/2018 at 12:57 PM, discgoesmic said:

Hi guys!

First time poster, long time attendee of the festival. So far been 6 times and attended plenty of Pilton parties!

We have a situation this year - 7 close friends want tickets

All of my friends will be trying intensely for tickets in both the coach and general sales.

My question is this - how do you choose which friend may NOT get a ticket, and how do you tell that friend? Would you sacrifice your own ticket? 

OR how do you separate your group to make this fair on everyone?

I'm just interested in how the community thinks - most likely I'd sacrifice my own ticket as i've been a few times before.

From memory I think coaches is 4 maximum tickets (correct me if I’m wrong) but you’ll need to split into 4&3 groups initially and hopefully you’ll all (or at least one group) be successful in coach sale to not have a GA ticket issue

On 9/8/2018 at 2:06 PM, Michaels denim shorts said:

Was pressing “back” working last year? Anyone remember? I never saw a booking page in any of the sales that year 

Pressing back definitely worked last year - my friend managed to do it and get 12 ticket that way :) (I assume that's what you meant??)

Edit: An additional thought....Does anyone know how many times the pressing back didn't work??? I've only been involved in four T-Days, but I think of those it only didn't work in Oct 2014, and thus we failed to get tickets for 2015 Glastonbury 

Edited by Sasperella

What is supposed to happen I thought is that once the transaction is completed, the system discards your session ID so you cant just hit back and buy rounds of them over and over again - instead you are placed instead back in the F5 queue again with everyone else. This was in response to peeps 'touting' their open session via FB and the like and racking up 100's of sales in one session, which aside from being unfair was also something of a security risk as some peeps handed over their card details.

13 hours ago, Pinhead said:

What is supposed to happen I thought is that once the transaction is completed, the system discards your session ID so you cant just hit back and buy rounds of them over and over again - instead you are placed instead back in the F5 queue again with everyone else. This was in response to peeps 'touting' their open session via FB and the like and racking up 100's of sales in one session, which aside from being unfair was also something of a security risk as some peeps handed over their card details.

Oh! I didn't realise people did that! I guess people always find ways to exploit systems... ?

I know in Oct 2016 sale at least my friend managed to get back in, but I may well be mistaken about the other years. 

21 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

We have the same problem this year - but three couples and one single person. 

Nightmare! Poor singleton! 

I usually have three that are definite, and we have another we add who doesn't actually go with us (but he returns the favour). However, this year he has a girlfriend and we have three more people interested in going with us. So our usual 4 is now an 8. I've proposed a 5 and a 3 - my usuals plus additional girlfriend and then the other 3 but it's interchangeable!

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Nightmare! Poor singleton! 

I usually have three that are definite, and we have another we add who doesn't actually go with us (but he returns the favour). However, this year he has a girlfriend and we have three more people interested in going with us. So our usual 4 is now an 8. I've proposed a 5 and a 3 - my usuals plus additional girlfriend and then the other 3 but it's interchangeable!

I know, also to compound the issue the three couples are all related... I’m going to try and work it out so that it’s fair but it’s impossible to make it 100% equal...

There’s 7 people: A & B are a couple, C & D are a couple, E & F are a couple. G is single but is friends with A & B; he knows C, D, E & F but not really enough to go to Glastonbury with them if A & B don’t get tickets. Everyone is agreed that we should maximise the number of people that are bought tickets in the first round, and that going to a 3 and a 4 split is not an option.

As far as I see it, the only way to do it is for C, D, E & F to buy for themselves plus A & B if they get through first and then get G on the second round through. Then A, B and G can buy for themselves plus one other couple if they get through first and do the other couple on the second route through.

As I say it’s not 100% fair because it means A & B always get through first off, but I genuinely can’t see how else to do it? Any thoughts? Surely there’s some people on here that love a good puzzler... ?

Edited by JoBalls

On 9/5/2018 at 1:17 PM, Hugh Jass said:

I have a friend in our ticket group who I pay a deposit for every year, and every year he bails before balances are due. Seriously considering cutting him loose this year and giving his place to someone who'll actually appreciate it.

Definitely do this. It irks me that people who make no effort and don't even want to go that much get a ticket on the basis of their kind mates.

8 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

I know, also to compound the issue the three couples are all related... I’m going to try and work it out so that it’s fair but it’s impossible to make it 100% equal...

There’s 7 people: A & B are a couple, C & D are a couple, E & F are a couple. G is single but is friends with A & B; he knows C, D, E & F but not really enough to go to Glastonbury with them if A & B don’t get tickets. Everyone is agreed that we should maximise the number of people that are bought tickets in the first round, and that going to a 3 and a 4 split is not an option.

As far as I see it, the only way to do it is for C, D, E & F to buy for themselves plus A & B if they get through first and then get G on the second round through. Then A, B and G can buy for themselves plus one other couple if they get through first and do the other couple on the second route through.

As I say it’s not 100% fair because it means A & B always get through first off, but I genuinely can’t see how else to do it? Any thoughts? Surely there’s some people on here that love a good puzzler... ?

And children always ask in school when they would use algebra in real life...! ?

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

OP, where are you hoping to get a coach from? We will likely be just a couple (in the coach sale at least) so if it's London maybe we could help form another group. Just an idea!

Good idea! Find a group going from where you want to go from and join forces. Only 2 of us in my group from Lincoln.