tobydlb

YNOT 2019

Happy with this years line up. Lots i’d like to see but also lots to discover. Noticed the beer sponsor at the bottom of the website is Camden Town brewery which makes a nice change from carlsberg at most of the big ones. 

Just need day and stage splits now, can’t imagine any more big names to be announced

Anyone know the policy and how well its enforced if you wanna bring booze n other substances into the festival. How bad is security? Do they confiscate alcohol if your under 18 etc. Are there dogs there n such?

2 hours ago, YesBossman said:

Anyone know the policy and how well its enforced if you wanna bring booze n other substances into the festival. How bad is security? Do they confiscate alcohol if your under 18 etc. Are there dogs there n such?

yh they have dogs and they sometimes they do confiscate alchohol if ur under 18 but sometimes they don't - tis a gamble

On 4/14/2019 at 4:14 PM, Samjones said:

Wonder when day and stage splits are out, was 5th April last year 

soon hopefully

Probably not good that they haven't been bought alongside the other fests by Superstruct and they weren't mentioned as retained by Broadwick. It could be the last year of Ynot, at the moment no one seems bothered about it. The new owners took Victorious, Truck, Kendall, Boardmasters but not Ynot. 

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Probably not good that they haven't been bought alongside the other fests by Superstruct and they weren't mentioned as retained by Broadwick. It could be the last year of Ynot, at the moment no one seems bothered about it. The new owners took Victorious, Truck, Kendall, Boardmasters but not Ynot. 

Oh dear, I will miss it very much if it is to go

4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Not good they weren’t bought But I wouldn’t say it’s over it’s just no one wanted to buy it ! 

Read this it mentions some broadwick festivals. If it breaks even this year with no drama or bad weather it will no doubt return.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/superstruct-entertainment-acquires-portfolio-of-live-events-from-global-137820

13 hours ago, luckysalt said:

7 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Not good they weren’t bought But I wouldn’t say it’s over it’s just no one wanted to buy it ! 

Read this it mentions some broadwick festivals. If it breaks even this year with no drama or bad weather it will no doubt return.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/superstruct-entertainment-acquires-portfolio-of-live-events-from-global-137820

There is more news to come out about this after these events wrap up this year. Its not all as it seems at the moment.

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

There is more news to come out about this after these events wrap up this year. Its not all as it seems at the moment.

pls pls pls leak it 

2 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Does it just involve what shows broadwick have left ? 

54 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Does it just involve what shows broadwick have left ? 

1 hour ago, tobydlb said:

pls pls pls leak it 

Broadwick management are looking at buying the company back. 

The statement and replies from Global / Superstruct were very wishy washy and cagey. 

The festivals that got acquired didn't want the news getting out pre this years event and got taken by surprise when the press release got sent out to a few publications. Just look at Tramlines statement they put out. 

The festivals that got acquired didn't want the news getting out pre this years event and got taken by surprise when the press release got sent out to a few publications. Just look at Tramlines statement they put out.

In all seriousness though, how could they possibly think that it wouldn't get out? Aside from anything else, it's a matter of public record.

Broadwick management are looking at buying the company back. 

The statement and replies from Global / Superstruct were very wishy washy and cagey. 

If your referring to this .......

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/movers-and-makers/article/Changes-afoot-for-Tramlines

I recon you could be possibly over thinking it !

2 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

If your referring to this .......

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/movers-and-makers/article/Changes-afoot-for-Tramlines

I recon you could be possibly over thinking it !

I got that quote for that publication and had a full on conversation with the Tramlines team regarding it. The story is from me. 

Who you think broke the story, had the balls to publish it first. I was the one that got all the statements and quotes. And know mostly what's going on. 

3 hours ago, incident said:
3 hours ago, incident said:

In all seriousness though, how could they possibly think that it wouldn't get out? Aside from anything else, it's a matter of public record.

It wasn't public record for the likes of Truck and Tramlines Festival, their Companies House filings shows no indication they've been acquired. So before Global released the statement it wasn't clear. 

Edited by JBarbour

Hello Y-not-ers.

Having failed to get Glastonbury tickets for teh first time since 2011 my brother has booked YNot and invited me to join him. The headliners are a bit meh for me, though FF and Wolf Alice ring my bell. My choice would have been Bearded Theory but that is out for him.

Trying to get a feel for the festival, what is the target audience? More like Leeds than G? What are the smaller stages like? As an old git will I feel like a pork pie at a Bar Mitzvah? Is it as "Indie" as the headliners suggest?

It’s a lot more like Leeds then Glastonbury, a lot of six form aged kids but a decent mix of families too. The crowds alright tbh but not sure I’m bothered about going again, I was there for the bad one 2 years ago. 

its a mix of post-gcsers to uni students, then also a mix of families and people 28+, a good mix though imo. its defo more like leeds than glasto, but very very similar to the likes of tramlines, kendal calling, truck festival (if you have done any of them). the smaller stages mainly have local indie bands on, but they are usually very good and worth a watch. the festival isnt amazing but for the price its pretty good and if the weathers nice youll have a pretty good time. hope this helps :)

7 minutes ago, stanh said:

if the weathers nice youll have a pretty good time

as we learnt in 2017, this is key!

Looks like the day splits are coming. They tweeted about them last night so would expect either this evening or tomorrow. 

Hopefully someone good on the same time as Elbow, otherwise I'll just have to prop up the bar!

11 hours ago, Wagon said:

Hopefully someone good on the same time as Elbow, otherwise I'll just have to prop up the bar!

i don't think your wish has been granted to say the least (hunna is the clash right or are they after?)😂