Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

3 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I'm guessing the next big names are gonna be Mumford & Sons or Florence + The Machine..Or maybe Coldplay is going to announce something..?

Mumford and Sons are out because of their Lisbon and Barcelona dates.

Florence and the Machine has a high chance to be at Mad Cool.

I don't think Coldplay will come back with a festival tour. They will probably have their own stadium tour.

34 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Compared to this year, 2019 is shaping up to be extremely dull. Surely not Florence and The Machine/Mumford and Sons too? What a fall from grace that would be.

to be honest, the whole festival season in 2019 looks worse than 2017 and 2018 so it's not really mad cool's fault for this. 

i am interested in almost all acts announced so far that i know ( i will exclude the ones from this weekend), except maybe the 1975

1 minute ago, neacaisa said:

to be honest, the whole festival season in 2019 looks worse than 2017 and 2018 so it's not really mad cool's fault for this. 

i am interested in almost all acts announced so far that i know ( i will exclude the ones from this weekend), except maybe the 1975

Yes - and the cyclical nature of the festival season doesn't help matters. With exception to The Cure, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch any of the acts confirmed so far. Compare that to last year where there were at least 15, maybe even 20 - clearly that's a matter of personal taste/choice though.

Still early days but my concern is the theme that seems to be emerging so far. Last year was by large a rock/alternative music festival - I'm not convinced you can say the same about 2019.

6 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Yes - and the cyclical nature of the festival season doesn't help matters. With exception to The Cure, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch any of the acts confirmed so far. Compare that to last year where there were at least 15, maybe even 20 - clearly that's a matter of personal taste/choice though.

Still early days but my concern is the theme that seems to be emerging so far. Last year was by large a rock/alternative music festival - I'm not convinced you can say the same about 2019.

What are most of these acts, if not rock or alternative?

40 minutes ago, James96 said:

I could understand if you were into 'rock' that the line up here isn't as traditional as acts like Pearl Jam or QOTSA. So I get the sentiment, looking more like a Primavera set of headliners than Mad Cool ones.

I think it's fair to say it's much softer than last year so far.

8 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

2013, isn't it? So back to Saturday's conversation as that won't be Tash Sultana. Maybe they skipped her after she self-confirmed.

I think it is Tash Sultana. There was probably a misunderstanding at the time zones between Mad Cool and Tash Sultana who is in America right now. She posted exactly at 12 pm Madrid Time on monday instead of tuesday

Edited by birchtree29

1 minute ago, birchtree29 said:

I think it is Tash Sultana. There was probably a misunderstanding at the time zones between Mad Cool and Tash Sultana who is at Australia right now. She posted exactly at 12 pm Madrid Time on monday instead of tuesday

Agree that probably happened but what about this clue? Did you also get 2013? Can't see how that would link to her.