Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

I'd personally take Vampire Weekend over Bon Iver. 

Strong rumours today that McCartney will be playing Glasto on the Sunday. Does this make him any more of a probability for Mad Cool? 

If the rumours are to be believed it means he is at least playing next year and not tucked up in his jimjams

1 minute ago, jonnytee1 said:

Strong rumours today that McCartney will be playing Glasto on the Sunday. Does this make him any more of a probability for Mad Cool? 

If the rumours are to be believed it means he is at least playing next year and not tucked up in his jimjams

Could well be there.  I saw him at RW couple of years ago and thought he was really poor.  

3 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

He's rumoured to be doing BST in Hyde Park too which is normally the weekend before and the weekend of Mad Cool. If he's doing that then Mad Cool seems like a good shout too. 

3 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Could well be there.  I saw him at RW couple of years ago and thought he was really poor.  

In fairness, Liam Gallagher sings like a rhino forcing out a poo these days but everyone knows the classics and sings along!

It depends what you're after, it would be nice to see McCartney before he packs it in all together and i certainly would see him given the opportunity. His name plus perhaps RHCP which has been touted around plus Chemical Brothers would get me snapping up my ticket regardless of whatever else is announced. 

Under £300 for flights hotel and tickets and 4 days in Madrid or £130 to see Metallica or Fleetwood Mac in London - no brainer really!

Just now, jonnytee1 said:

In fairness, Liam Gallagher sings like a rhino forcing out a poo these days but everyone knows the classics and sings along!

It depends what you're after, it would be nice to see McCartney before he packs it in all together and i certainly would see him given the opportunity. His name plus perhaps RHCP which has been touted around plus Chemical Brothers would get me snapping up my ticket regardless of whatever else is announced. 

Under £300 for flights hotel and tickets and 4 days in Madrid or £130 to see Metallica or Fleetwood Mac in London - no brainer really!

I agree that McCartney is an absolute legend and has written some the greatest songs ever but I just felt the whole show at Werchter was really flat.  I saw him at Glasto in 2004 and loved it.  Just felt he's now at a point where he's the chance of damaging his status.  

7 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Disagree 22 a million percent... ?

Taste is a funny thing...

You've hit it on the head  -  a great announcement for anyone would be awful for someone else. Please be assured i have tried with Bon Iver though, again and again. They like a vocoder on their most recent record dont they LOL! It's not bad but hasn't grabbed me yet

Edited by jonnytee1

surely at least 2 bands with no dates yet. safe bets should be smashing pumpkins and rhcp, who would both fit well. personally, i hope it's not foo fighters again and they will tour in the second half of the summer in Europe.

mccartney would be a big surprise and i would like to see him.

Edited by neacaisa

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

I agree that McCartney is an absolute legend and has written some the greatest songs ever but I just felt the whole show at Werchter was really flat.  I saw him at Glasto in 2004 and loved it.  Just felt he's now at a point where he's the chance of damaging his status.  

Damn! it was that bad? In fairness though i've been to Werchter a few times and i have found it a little bit flat / wanting even when the larger bands are playing. Ok maybe not Rammstein were playing but you know what i mean.

1 minute ago, jonnytee1 said:

Damn! it was that bad? In fairness though i've been to Werchter a few times and i have found it a little bit flat / wanting even when the larger bands are playing. Ok maybe not Rammstein were playing but you know what i mean.

The crowd were a bit flat and could possibly have had an affect.  I was really looking forward to seeing him again but it just didn't hit the spot.  There wasn't anything wrong with the setlist mind you.  Rammstien and SOAD at Werchter were both top notch 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

surely at least 2 bands with no dates yet. safe bets should be smashing pumpkins and rhcp, who would both fit well. personally, i hope it's not foo fighters again and they will tour in the second half of the summer in Europe. 

One that came to mind last night was The Killers, I don't know if they'll do a third year touring the same album but as far as I can tell they've never played NOS Alive or Mad Cool so if they were about those two could be a possiblity.

Just now, 40 Days said:

*so far. Plenty of time yet. Better?

Line up will only be as good as the bands and artists you personally like.  Based on my tastes, I don't see any line up for 2019 that'll beat what was on offer this summer but that's down to what floats my boat.  The festival organisers can only book what's available over the summer unless they pay top money for a festival exclusive.  Also, a lot of the bigger rock bands, Metallica, Rammstien and bands like Muse are playing their own stadium shows which rules them out of festival line ups. 

• Like 1

From Azkana Rock Forum (Google Translate)

-You could have removed the Rostam from some old photo and put one of the group.  A little ugly image with the letters, Laza. 

Lazaretto (who gave hints previously about Mad Cool before): Oh, if I told you the story behind...

What has come out is the ONLY thing that has been approved.

I've never managed to get into Vampire Weekend, nothing against them, but the two times I've seen them I've just got bored. 

Looks like a great booking for others though! 

Not sure why I'm even on here, I don't think I can go next year. But man do I love festival announcements! 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

From Azkana Rock Forum (Google Translate)

-You could have removed the Rostam from some old photo and put one of the group.  A little ugly image with the letters, Laza. 

Lazaretto (who gave hints previously about Mad Cool before): Oh, if I told you the story behind...

What has come out is the ONLY thing that has been approved.

what is this supposed to mean?

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

what is this supposed to mean?

maybe the band won't have the current members in the future tour and someone else beside Rostam will leave the band or maybe some of the current touring members will join as studio members. 

from what i've heard from 2018 concerts they sound way better with the new live setup than in the past. I love them but they have been a bit bland in live shows .