AlexTurnah

NOS Alive 2019

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

Sometimes they don't announce that.  For example  the last time Foo Fighters came to Nos Alive, then signed an exclusive deal with them, for 2 years without any other shows in Portugal (i was told by people with good connections in the music world that).  And i know  Nos Alive obligated THe Last Internatonale to cancel any other portuguese dates, last year, to be exclusive from them 

I don't think that's the case with TI and PS though. It would be odd for them to accept exclusivity in spain for two years in a row and the cases you mentioned are only related to portugal only so who knows

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

Sometimes they don't announce that.  For example  the last time Foo Fighters came to Nos Alive, then signed an exclusive deal with them, for 2 years without any other shows in Portugal (i was told by people with good connections in the music world that).  And i know  Nos Alive obligated THe Last Internatonale to cancel any other portuguese dates, last year, to be exclusive from them 

Ok it has sense but it is related to "Portugal", not to "festivals". I hope you understand what I mean ;)

4 minutes ago, young_contra said:

weren't they exclusive last year for mad cool? wouldn't expect them as an exclusive this year, also + what @alan_ts said

Supposedly.  But the only truth we know is that the time passes and still there is no other date than Primavera Sound 

I also know this might mean very little when it comes to contractual matters between bands and festivals, but kevin parker really likes to play here and I don't think he'd like to skip portugal (again, this might mean very little)

• Upvote 1

Would Primavera not rather have Tame Impala for both Barcelona and Porto rather than book them as a Spanish exclusive? I suppose they could just be busy around Primavera Porto but I don't think they have that many festivals around that weekend.

Edited by kingcrawler

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Would Primavera not rather have Tame Impala for both Barcelona and Porto rather than book them as a Spanish exclusive? I suppose they could just be busy around Primavera Porto but I don't think they have that many festivals around that weekend.

I also don't think NOS Alive would mind splurging on them. They're a fan favorite

Guys I have a good feeling that today... we will get no announcements 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Guys I have a good feeling that today... we will get no announcements 

Same here. No announcement in 7 mins, get ready. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Same here. No announcement in 7 mins, get ready. 

Wow! You were right! Could you also tell me the lottery numbers that won't win? Pretty please 😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clasher said:

Wow! You were right! Could you also tell me the lottery numbers that won't win? Pretty please 😁

Pm for lottery please :)

On 3/22/2019 at 1:03 PM, alan_ts said:

Usually an exclusive is announced as exclusive I think. 

Agree - it doesn't make much sense commercially to not highlight that an exclusive is just that. You get exclusives to commit people to your festival - and sell tickets.

It doesn't mean literally anything, I know, but Robbie Williams has only Hyde Park next summer and this was the announcement:

"Robbie Williams will headline Hyde Park for the very first time on the Great Oak Stage on Sunday 14th July 2019 – his only UK open-air show of the year.'

(Maybe it could mean that there will be other indoor shows in UK) 

Edited by alan_ts

43 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

typical Monday with no announcement

But only 'one more',  so announcement next week, right? 🙄

4 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Im afraid that the festival's promoters' english isn't the best... I've laughed a lot once when reading some english info they had on their website, typical portuguese to english literal translation. But I'll set reasoning aside and I'll be even more optimistic than you: announcement this week

5 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Mmm my english is poor but I suppose it means "another typical Monday" isn't it? 

Can you leave the festival for the day and come back later or is it one of those where you have to stay once you've gone in festivals?

1 minute ago, Chinaski_ said:

Can you leave the festival for the day and come back later or is it one of those where you have to stay once you've gone in festivals?

You can leave and come back. Just ask a security guard how.

Just now, diogozsz said:

You can leave and come back. Just ask a security guard how.

Obrigado. Thinking about seeing Rolling Blackouts, but I don't want to hang around for ages if they're on too early. Might head to the beach inbetween.

17 hours ago, Degu said:

MC and NOS talk about monday....

Does that mean announcement on Friday? 

19 hours ago, alan_ts said:

It doesn't mean literally anything, I know, but Robbie Williams has only Hyde Park next summer and this was the announcement:

"Robbie Williams will headline Hyde Park for the very first time on the Great Oak Stage on Sunday 14th July 2019 – his only UK open-air show of the year.'

Guest added, both BEP and Keane are free at NOS Alive time, although Keane already have some Portugal date confirmed. 

BST-Robbie-supports-1050x500.jpg

12 minutes ago, activean said:

Guest added, both BEP and Keane are free at NOS Alive time, although Keane already have some Portugal date confirmed. 

BST-Robbie-supports-1050x500.jpg

Yep, this is why I found that old announcement ;)

First Vampire Weekend concerts, I found this set quite enjoying (some cover and some new entry). 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/vampire-weekend/2019/islington-assembly-hall-london-england-23924c6b.html

Edited by alan_ts

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Yep, this is why I found that old announcement ;)

First Vampire Weekend concerts, I found this set quite enjoying (some cover and some new entry). 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/vampire-weekend/2019/islington-assembly-hall-london-england-23924c6b.html

I don't think their post album release sets will be similar, these were just really small shows I guess they were having some fun. 

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

I don't think their post album release sets will be similar, these were just really small shows I guess they were having some fun. 

Probably but as I'm a fan I'd like a setlist like that :D

Edited by alan_ts
  • Like 1