NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Seriously what are they doing... I could wait a long while for an headliner but to not announce more main stage names at this point is just getting silly

i know! - I am gutted. We went to MadCool last year and saw that most of the acts were switching between the two festivals. So for this year we booked the week off, paid for flights and hotels but have still not committed to a 3 day ticket based on the line up!

oh well at least we know we will have a good time in Cascais and Lisbon....

In Pukkelpop topic Ken19 wrote: "Normally Childish Gambino was headlining Pukkelpop. And a lot of other European festivals this summer. But, as we all know, not the most trustable artist. It seems that he cancelled (the most of?) his shows, Glastonbury too." which is really the only rumour that makes sense right now. He would have been a very strong booking after sharing a headliner with all three big U.S. festivals Coachella, Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo. He also did Bilbao BBK last year which made him available for both mad cool and nos alive to share this year without any other spanish festivals obligation.

11 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

In Pukkelpop topic Ken19 wrote: "Normally Childish Gambino was headlining Pukkelpop. And a lot of other European festivals this summer. But, as we all know, not the most trustable artist. It seems that he cancelled (the most of?) his shows, Glastonbury too." which is really the only rumour that makes sense right now. He would have been a very strong booking after sharing a headliner with all three big U.S. festivals Coachella, Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo. He also did Bilbao BBK last year which made him available for both mad cool and nos alive to share this year without any other spanish festivals obligation.

It makes sense. Open'er is also struggling with headliners this year and CG would have been a perfect fit for this festival as well.

53 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Makes more sense than Eminem dropping out

Somethings definitely not right with the festival.  Three months since a major announcement. Half the main stage lineup and a headliner still missing less than 4 months out from the festival and stone wall silence from the social media team for weeks about announcements. It's turning into Fyre festival.

10 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Somethings definitely not right with the festival.  Three months since a major announcement. Half the main stage lineup and a headliner still missing less than 4 months out from the festival and stone wall silence from the social media team for weeks about announcements. It's turning into Fyre festival.

Are you the one that comment every fb post with Fyre gif? ?

3 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Are you the one that comment every fb post with Fyre gif? ?

No ha, I know who you mean though, think he's called Christian isn't he. It was funny the first time I saw it.

12 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

It certainly seems to be the case. I’ve got my tickets but still not booked flights or campervan due to the lack of information updates regarding this festival. 2 years ago they announced it and they still they don’t have all there headliners. 

I heard some guy called Billy is running it 

Mad Cool have been replying to the odd Tweet saying "soon" and hyping (to some degree) what they have. MC and NOS will likely share most of the lineups so I don't think NOS is going to be a disaster. They will have something up their sleeve, just no idea what. Mad Cool seem quite excited by what they have, so I imagine it's a similar case for NOS.

I do sympathise with people are holding out on their travel plans. It's inconvenient of the festival to make people wait this long (especially for a festival that relies on a lot of fly-ins), but it must be happening for a reason. 

People forget NOS did this in 2014 in stalling with the lineup. They stalled on the Saturday headliner until one month beforehand with The Libertines. That in itself was a massive anticlimax since I've never seen the main stage that empty for a headliner performance in my life.

The difference then was the festival was well and truly sold out by Feb/March so they didn't really need to use them as advertisement but I've never seen the ground so empty at 12:30am in my years going to NOS.