NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

What's the best way to get home from the festival please?

Just booked our apartment - it's a 15 minute walk north of Cais De Sodre - so on the right side of the city.

I stayed in a bungalow last time, so we just got the shuttle buses. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

When do we reckon we’ll start getting some ~bigger~ names announced then?

(Also incase anyone’s been following my exploits, I’m no longer attending alone and have dragged a friend out to come, hallelujah)

That's a question that has been made on a weekly basis since january, no precise clue whatsoever

On 3/7/2019 at 3:17 PM, Homer said:

What's the best way to get home from the festival please?

Just booked our apartment - it's a 15 minute walk north of Cais De Sodre - so on the right side of the city.

I stayed in a bungalow last time, so we just got the shuttle buses. Thanks!

Apart from taxi's, you have two options: bus and train. I'm not too sure on busses, especially which lines are available (or how frequent they drive, think nobody can answer that as they don't seem to follow a clear schedule). Train is very likely faster in your case, once you're on it. Just after the headliner finishes, it will be very busy towards busses and trains. If you leave a bit earlier or stay longer for some other acts, it will be way more quiet and pretty easy to catch a train. If I remember correctly, trains to Cais do Sodre will run to very late during the festival, and very frequent (every 15 minutes?). If you already have a public transport (chip) card with enough money on it, it will be way easier, especially for the busses. Combi tickets for the festival with train are available, but not sure if that's still an option if you already have a ticket.

11 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Apart from taxi's, you have two options: bus and train. I'm not too sure on busses, especially which lines are available (or how frequent they drive, think nobody can answer that as they don't seem to follow a clear schedule). Train is very likely faster in your case, once you're on it. Just after the headliner finishes, it will be very busy towards busses and trains. If you leave a bit earlier or stay longer for some other acts, it will be way more quiet and pretty easy to catch a train. If I remember correctly, trains to Cais do Sodre will run to very late during the festival, and very frequent (every 15 minutes?). If you already have a public transport (chip) card with enough money on it, it will be way easier, especially for the busses. Combi tickets for the festival with train are available, but not sure if that's still an option if you already have a ticket.

Ta for replying! All makes sense, bar I hadn't realised how frequent the trains are, so that's that sorted. I generally stay after the headliners so should be all good. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ta for replying! All makes sense, bar I hadn't realised how frequent the trains are, so that's that sorted. I generally stay after the headliners so should be all good. Thanks!

Their website isn't always the best, with some minor mistakes or doubts whether it's updated, but I could find this:

Regular Service: 05:30 a.m to 02h15 a.m.

Special offer: July 11, 12 and 13:

• Algés –» C.Sodré: 2h15, 2h30, 2h45, 3h00, 3h30, 4h00, 4h30 e 5h15;
  • Algés –» Cascais: 2h15, 2h30, 2h45, 3h00, 3h30, 4h00 e 4h30.

Saturday, July 13, extra trains – C.Sodré –» Oeiras: 18h10, 18h30, 18h50, 19h10, 19h20 e 19h40.

Timetables at: www.cp.pt

So not throughout the night every 15 minutes, but probably enough choice :P Whether they stick to the timetable... Let's say they're more relaxed in Portugal, not to offend anyone - they're lovely people ^_^

Edited by StupidDream

1 hour ago, Hannah990 said:

Like WHAT are they waiting for?

What's going to hurt the most is that even when they do reveal something they'll take days to do it. I wish they'd scrap the idea of "one artist per day" and just reveal the WHOLE rest of the lineup at once. I wouldn't want that at this time of year but considering the amount of previous confirmations... I'm' hungry for more 

3 hours ago, young_contra said:

What's going to hurt the most is that even when they do reveal something they'll take days to do it. I wish they'd scrap the idea of "one artist per day" and just reveal the WHOLE rest of the lineup at once. I wouldn't want that at this time of year but considering the amount of previous confirmations... I'm' hungry for more 

It’s just frustrating everyone at this point - it’s more annoying than anticipation building. I suppose it’s all a game to sell more tickets etc!