NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Just now, young_contra said:

Novas batidas, lisbon festival

Thanks. 

Are there some parties in Lisbon during Nos? 

I've checked on Resident Advisor from past years and didn't find anything relevant... 

2 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Thanks. 

Are there some parties in Lisbon during Nos? 

I've checked on Resident Advisor from past years and didn't find anything relevant... 

Unfortunately I can't help you as I have no clue! I'm from Portugal but not from Lisbon... But I think that in these cases you're better off checking Facebook events as an alternative to RA

• Upvote 1

IF we had a few acts from the electric picnic lineup who would you want? 

Personally I’d love The Strokes (although impossible for NOS), Flo and Hozier. 

Won’t have the 1975 as they are at super bock.

The Streets could be a good booking although not sure if they are well known in Portugal.

Echo and the Bunnymen , Miles Kane, Sam Fender, Metronomy & Jarvis Cocker I’m sure would be welcome filler acts?

Again not too sure if any of these could be a possibility for NOS but considering how quiet the festival has been we can all dream and speculate ...

4A372C27-29A4-4B07-8AD6-34552F78818C.jpeg

Just now, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Won’t have the 1975 as they are at super bock.

The Streets could be a good booking although not sure if they are well known in Portugal.

Echo and the Bunnymen , Miles Kane, Sam Fender, Metronomy & Jarvis Cocker I’m sure would be welcome filler acts?

Again not too sure if any of these could be a possibility for NOS but considering how quiet the festival has been we can all dream and speculate ...

4A372C27-29A4-4B07-8AD6-34552F78818C.jpeg

four tet, mo, parquet courts, kero kero bonito

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

oh yeah there are others from there that i'd like to get here but they're ruled out

Mitski too.

On my side I'd take immediately James Blake, Four Tet, The Streets, Yves Tumor.

1 hour ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

Why are The Strokes impossible for NOS?

Aren't they playing the Friday at BBK, so the Thursday and Saturday at NOS are still possibilities?

2 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Why are The Strokes impossible for NOS?

Aren't they playing the Friday at BBK, so the Thursday and Saturday at NOS are still possibilities?

As Julian Casablancas other band The Voidz are playing twice during this period. So would be 5 sets over 3 days or something. I suppose not impossible but definitely not probable

1 hour ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

What’s the possibility of Echo & The Bunnymen? 80s New Wave band could slot in nicely on The Cures day? 

They'd be a great addition, would like to see both them and Primal Scream on the line up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, young_contra said:

100% decided to attend the second and third day of this festival. Was originally wanting to go to the first one but its main stage acts turned out to be so "eh" that I'll stick with Thom Yorke and "you-can-never-go-wrong-with" IDLES. It'll be my third time seeing them!

'Eh' Are you high? The first day mainstage has The Cure and Weezer.

Just now, moz4pm said:

'Eh' Are you high? The first day mainstage has The Cure and Weezer.

The Cure are literally the only band that interest me on that stage. I've seen Linda Martini 3 times, couldn't care less about Ornatos Violeta even though I know that they're relevant here and Weezer are to me just a sad excuse of a band and that's putting it lightly - they're almost a joke to me. 

I'd like to see Sharon Van Etten, Hot Chip and Robyn but they're not enough to get me on that venue

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, young_contra said:

Weezer are to me just a sad excuse of a band and that's putting it lightly - they're almost a joke to me. 

That's legitimately the most ridiculous music opinion I've ever come across.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

That's legitimately the most ridiculous music opinion I've ever come across.

Why downvote me for an opinion though? It literally just is an opinion on a band's music... I'm not sure how it is ridiculous as I simply find them to be lacking any sort of artistic integrity and just put out albums that are as bland as it gets. They sound like a parody of themselves with a mixture of pop/radio crap that barely hits any spot. I get that you might like them but don't make it look like it is so out of the norm nowadays for someone to NOT like them. I don't even like their Blue album even though I can recognize its value whereas I don't recognize any value in what they're doing now but it doesn't mean I won't expect someone to feel the opposite about them. 

And if that REALLY is the most ridiculous music opinion you've ever come across it must mean you really haven't heard much from other people's mouths

Edited by young_contra