NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

1 hour ago, bananaa52 said:

the same portuguese website that said New Order were coming to Nos Primavera Sound, has said now that they will play Nos Alive instead. https://blitz.sapo.pt/principal/update/2018-11-26-Agente-Infiltrado-New-Order-desviados-para-o-NOS-Alive

Blitz is not a very credible source in some things, so don't be surprise if they end up not playing in Portugal at all ? but, in my opinion, this time, they'll probably right and I can see New Order playing the same night as The Cure.

21 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Blitz is not a very credible source in some things, so don't be surprise if they end up not playing in Portugal at all ? but, in my opinion, this time, they'll probably right and I can see New Order playing the same night as The Cure.

yeah sure.

last year, around november, they spoke about nick cave playing primavera, so they still have some credibility ?

34 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

yeah sure.

last year, around november, they spoke about nick cave playing primavera, so they still have some credibility ?

In about 10 leaks they gave  during  last couple of years,   they only got it right with Nick Cave

Edited by Tigane
  • Upvote 2

I can see Florence and The Machine hedlining easily, I don´t know why some of you think that that´s not possible, they headlined BBK last year, they headlined Glastonbury once and from what I see they´ll headline Rock Werchter. 

Speaking about TSP, I think they are co headliners with Bon Iver, and it will be the strongest day to compensate for not having a very big headliner like Pearl Jam like last time.

Somebody here mentioned Strokes, didn´t hear about them doing festivals, but who knows.

Also I think this will be a consistent line up for Nos Alive,  but it will be not as good and as big as last year.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:37 AM, stylishkids said:

Are any of the rumoured acts Pearl Jam size in Portugal? Kendrick, Strokes, Florence, Neil Young etc?

I've sorted my flights out for it. Was going to sort the tickets out when I get paid next week but I might leave it till the end of January if there's no chance of an early sell out like last year.

I'm biased (see my avatar) but Neil is a total legend wherever he plays. Not heard him rumoured but he has played before and were he to play we're in for a treat. 

16 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Wanting for another act to be anounced tomorrow.

...or do you have some inside info? ?

My thoughts so far - TSP/Bon Iver seems like a weak-ish co-headline structure similar to last year's QOTSA/The National. If we get a bigger name for the day though... (anyway, I need a good name or two more to buy the tickets)

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Sounds decent. Will give her a listen 

Weezer would be great too and looks likely with those dates, really hope we get another big name before Christmas because it's meant to be my Christmas present off the mrs so she may have some last minute shopping to do if not :lol:

Monday, Wednesday... Friday? :D

Edited by alexlloyd

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Weezer would be great too and looks likely with those dates, really hope we get another big name before Christmas because it's meant to be my Christmas present off the mrs so she may have some last minute shopping to do if not :lol:

Monday, Wednesday... Friday? :D

That’s a fine xmas present 

• Upvote 1

No idea who this Tash Sultana is. Though I can have no complaints of a Sagres stage act. I might give her a listen at some point to see if she’s any good.

Smashing Pumpkins are a fantastic addition though for me. Didn’t want to fork out the Wembley arena prices but their addition at a 3 day 150 quid festival is great. Guessing they’ll have the 9 o’clock slot with Bon Iver going after the headliner around half 1. 

Hoping that there’s a few more additions in the next fortnight. Nothing out of the blue. At this moment in time I’d be ecstatic with Vampire Weekend, Weezer and the 1975 who are all about that week. 

Edited by stylishkids

So probable acts to be announced are: Weezer, The 1975, Florence and The Machine and Vampire Weekend.

Still very weak comparing to last edition, but I think they have 1/2 huge names in their sleeves that can be either Strokes or Neil Young or another names that we´re not waiting.

Also I remember that for Nos Alive 2016 they announced 2 headliners in January, only a few people expected Radiohead to be announced, and nobody expected Arcade Fire and Tame Impala, so I hope they will surprise us. 

5 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

So probable acts to be announced are: Weezer, The 1975, Florence and The Machine and Vampire Weekend.

Still very weak comparing to last edition, but I think they have 1/2 huge names in their sleeves that can be either Strokes or Neil Young or another names that we´re not waiting.

Also I remember that for Nos Alive 2016 they announced 2 headliners in January, only a few people expected Radiohead to be announced, and nobody expected Arcade Fire and Tame Impala, so I hope they will surprise us. 

The Cure - Bon Iver- Smashing Pumpkins - Tash Sultana is not a weak start compared to last edition, it's even a super strong start... In the possible acts you quote, only one (F+TM) could be headliner in NOS Alive. With all headline acts in Europe next summer, no doubt that NOS Alive will have once again one of the best bills in Europe :)