NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

10 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Tbh I'd be surprised if they aren't headlining... It just kind of makes sense in my head that they wouldn't get a bigger name to share the same day as them. But oh well, this confirmation makes me wanna skip the last day of this festival, can't stand TSP

I just saw Bon Iver are the same day as Smashing Pumpkins so I think you're right that the latter are headlining. Ew

I didn’t think they’d be headlining either, don’t seem to be headlining many of the places they’ve been announced for yet, but being the same day as Bon Iver might throw that theory out. 

Hopefully there are two headliners to come because that last day doesn’t appeal to me at all at the minute. If there are two my guess would be RHCP/The Strokes, the latters always been rumoured and Chilis have already announced their albums out in 2019 and an Aus/NZ tour for the start of the year.

5 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Where did all these The Strokes rumors come from? I thought that their band members will still be busy with their side projects and/or if The Strokes do play somewhere it'll be in the USA

I don’t know where the NOS/Mad Cool started from, I know people have said they have info on them doing all points east/latitude on their threads, though presumably not both... 

The rest might be wishful thinking, but it seems like both NOS/Mad Cool are waiting on someone. 

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

I don’t know where the NOS/Mad Cool started from, I know people have said they have info on them doing all points east/latitude on their threads, though presumably not both... 

The rest might be wishful thinking, but it seems like both NOS/Mad Cool are waiting on someone. 

I don't find it all too convincing but we'll have to wait and see. That's the truth though, there's a gap that a big name is yet to fill

The new album is magnificent, so I'm really stoked with this announcement. They don't headline other festivals where they are announced (Firenze etc), and nothing says that they headline here (which makes them very unlikely) so we're going to have a super great last day :)

23 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

I just saw Bon Iver are the same day as Smashing Pumpkins so I think you're right that the latter are headlining. Ew

Where do you find the day splits etc..? 

On the line up official site for me its showing 3 playing 12th and 14th?

Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

The new album is magnificent, so I'm really stoked with this announcement. They don't headline other festivals where they are announced (Firenze etc), and nothing says that they headline here (which makes them very unlikely) so we're going to have a super great last day :)

Bon Iver playing on the same day kinda makes them headlining more likely unless they have a huge surprise

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

Bon Iver playing on the same day kinda makes them headlining more likely unless they have a huge surprise

I could see Florence or Mumford headlining this day. A not too big headliner (not too expensive) but just a little bigger than Bon Iver and Pumpkins. DMF, Mad Cool, BBK and Beni on the weekend after are a real upside for NOS Alive's booking possibilities! 

Just now, Tremousse said:

I could see Florence or Mumford headlining this day. A not too big headliner (not too expensive) but just a little bigger than Bon Iver and Pumpkins. DMF, Mad Cool, BBK and Beni on the weekend after are a real upside for NOS Alive's booking possibilities! 

I can't see Mumfords headlining a day like this... Not only that, they'll also be touring on their own and will play in Lisbon in April which makes it even less likely for them to come. Florence headlining a festival like NOS Alive is still something that I'd have to see with my very own eyes to believe, ESPECIALLY with the likes of Bon Iver and TSP already confirmed for the same day. Can't really come up with a headliner to top that pair that isn't too expensive but maybe that's my lack of sleep talking

55 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I don't find it all too convincing but we'll have to wait and see. That's the truth though, there's a gap that a big name is yet to fill

Yeah, we’ll have to see, I guess the main point on Efests is most people don’t have a clue, its all guess work so maybe The Strokes will play ten festivals next summer, maybe they won’t play together again for five years ?

Maybe it’s the optmist in me but I think there’s two headliners to come. Guess it depends who’s on the undercard because Arctics, Pearl Jam, QOTSA, Nine Inch Nails, Jack White and The National shows they have some money to throw around. But I would agree a headliner above Smashing Pumpkins and Bon Iver makes a very strong (possibly too strong) day. 

Edited by alexlloyd

27 minutes ago, Bromhead said:

Really thinking about going this year. Is there a rough time of when a line up gets announced? Or is it just acts added here and there? 

They announce them in little dribs and drabs.  Was into the new year before everything was announced.  It's a really good festival to visit and Lisbon is a cracking city

• Upvote 1

Was considering going here or Mad Cool this year, so Pumpkins news means I'll defintiely be coming (if not Mad Cool). Just wish they'd announce rest of the line up soon, so I know whether to get weekend or day, as I remember they seemed to sell out very quickly last year.