NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

32 minutes ago, Tigane said:

It seems portuguese band Linda Martini,  told some fans in their Lisbon shows, that they will be playing Nos Alive 

Am I being rude for thinking that even by playing Sagres stage they're wasting a slot? You can catch them live SO MANY TIMES after they release an album, it's absurd

Just now, young_contra said:

Am I being rude for thinking that even by playing Sagres stage they're wasting a slot? You can catch them live SO MANY TIMES after they release an album, it's absurd

We have two sides on the same coin.  They are a portuguese band that deserves to be on the main stage of the biggest portuguese festival .

But as almost all portuguese bands, we can see them so many times. 

For instance  i prefer to see portuguese bands like them on the card, thant those bands like Izat, that don't even the spanish wan them. And for me there is always space for good portuguese bands in any festival

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Puting Linda Martini on the main stage is a waste of slot, I like Linda Martini and if they didn´t put those 2 spanish bands it would be ok, but putting Ornatos, plus Linda Martini and plus 2 spanish bands is wasting slots, just my opinion. 

Ornatos is a special concert. It's not comparable. For Linda Martini, two options: first or second band to play NOS Stage or a 20h/21h spot on Sagres Stage.

The Spanish bands... I don't understand.

22 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Ornatos is a special concert. It's not comparable. For Linda Martini, two options: first or second band to play NOS Stage or a 20h/21h spot on Sagres Stage.

The Spanish bands... I don't understand.

Yes, I want to see Ornatos too, but the rest is a big question mark.

I mean the lineup is consistent and I like some acts but comparing it to the last year it´s so poor and what do they decide to do? Put 2 spanish bands, one of them already been here 2 years ago.

23 hours ago, Tigane said:

A friend of mine went to one of the gigs and she was near the one who asked them 

I went to 3 gigs of their last tour :D 3 in 4 days! I thought they would end up at SBSR... still not impossible, but probably SBSR will go for Capitão Fausto one more time.

Edited by joaommaia

On 12/23/2018 at 10:36 PM, andrii said:

So i do believe it makes sense the Strokes gonna be at Nos. The Strokes are big in UK and Nos is very Britanic orientated. Though 4 days 3 shows looks not probable much i agree

Both The Strokes and The Voidz are playing at Bilbao BBK and Doctor Music, so Julian Casablancas already has to do 4 shows that weekend. I honestly don't think he would play with both bands on the same day, but who knows.

2 hours ago, young_contra said:

...so a third headliner is actually a possibility or not? 

Vampire Weekend can't possibly be the sole headliner.They're not big enough. On the Mad Cool poster they are even below Bon Iver on the first day. They'll sub, or at best co-headline (with another two roughly equally big names on the main stage that day).