NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

22 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Funny you mention The Black Keys, I thought of them as headliners a few months ago if they were to make a comeback which there's no real indications of that happening next year, I believe. 
You're right. Leaving The Strokes aside is a bold move and one would hope that it is for a good reason. 

This year, if AM  leaks hadn't appeared, we would have been completely surprised when announced.  So there is always a possibility for a Black Keys comeback

33 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Imagine The Cure - Florence or Mumford, RHCP-Black Keys, Bon Iver-Smashing Pumpkins-Travis Scott-Chemicals... 

I can definitely imagi e something like that for NOS Alive, with the addition of The National for Mad Cool? 

?

#dreamdreamdream

9F350CC9-70AE-438A-BE96-CEAF045EC203.gif

• Upvote 1

Just now, festivalguy97 said:

He played 3 shows in a row this year, Portugal, Spain and France, so not a problem to him, and his sets are very short, 1 hour at max 

They followed the route Portugal - Spain - France. Switzerland - Portugal seems less likely and NOS Alive doesn't seem interested in bringing hip-hop artists. I'd like them to have 4-5 hip-hop acts per year, honestly.

I can't mentally place Travis Scott in this festival. He is popular but I don't think he hits that mass appeal target quite well enough for him to make an appearance. Super Bock Super Rock have been betting a lot on hip hop so it made sense this year for him to play there but NOS Alive is a different beast. I dont mean that an artist to headline or even have a big spot in NOS Alive has to have a mainstream influence, I just mean that for a hip hop artist that is the case. Either that or I'm just trying to convince myself that he won't be there, which is my preference.

If anything, Brockhampton are probably the biggest hip hop name that I can see them bring within reason. 

Edited by young_contra
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I can't mentally place Travis Scott in this festival. He is popular but I don't think he hits that mass appeal target quite well enough for him to make an appearance. Super Bock Super Rock have been betting a lot on hip hop so it made sense this year for him to play there but NOS Alive is a different beast. I dont mean that an artist to headline or even have a big spot in NOS Alive has to have a mainstream influence, I just mean that for a hip hop artist that is the case. Either that or I'm just trying to convince myself that he won't be there, which is my preference.

If anything, Brockhampton are probably the biggest hip hop name that I can see them bring within reason. 

Well me neither, I still think the possibility is very small but I´m just saying that this year is bad with headliners, and whether people like it or not but hip hop is the most popular music style in the world right now, maybe not this year, maybe not next year but Nos Alive eventually will end up having a hip hop headliner, I think Travis can come easily, not as a headliner but as a closing act because his sets are only 1 hour long, I mean if they brought The Weeknd, who knows.

I agree about Brockhampton, would love to see them at Nos Alive, I expect to see them at another festival in Portugal but who knows.

The Strokes are rumoured to a play a portuguese festival called Super Bock Super Rock, a week after Nos Alive, the information is still to be confirmed and its just a rumour but for now they are ruled out of Nos Alive.

Also the Super Bock´s twitter account have been teasing fans with that confirmation, it´s not be taken very seriously as they´ve done that in the past, but considering the rumours I believe that they will play there.

Edited by festivalguy97

24 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

The Strokes are rumoured to a play a portuguese festival called Super Bock Super Rock, a week after Nos Alive, the information is still to be confirmed and its just a rumour but for now they are ruled out of Nos Alive.

Also the Super Bock´s twitter account have been teasing fans with that confirmation, it´s not be taken very seriously as they´ve done that in the past, but considering the rumours I believe that they will play there.

Also that's where they played the last time! They are not ruled out of NOS Alive  though because nothing says that The Voidz won't play the same day that The Strokes at BBK or DMF, but indeed SBSR suits better. 

27 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Also that's where they played the last time! They are not ruled out of NOS Alive  though because nothing says that The Voidz won't play the same day that The Strokes at BBK or DMF, but indeed SBSR suits better. 

I can´t see a band like Strokes play 3 headline shows in a row or almost in a row, plus 2 The Voidz shows.

Next year is Super Bock´s 25th aniversary, they promised a big lineup, so Lana Del Rey and Strokes would be massive headliners for a festival in Portugal.