NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

4 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Bilbao BBK just announced The Strokes. Since Mad Cool and Nos Alive is on the same weekend with Bilbao, I am not sure if they will be at 3 of those festivals.

image.thumb.png.9ebb30990c0ca1f225d75255c1a1212c.png

Don’t think there was a massive crossover of line ups this year between BBK and other two, There’s not a great deal on BBK line up I’d want to see to be honest. Strokes, Weezer , Sleaford Mods, maybe Suede, that’s kinda it for my tastes. I’d be pretty disappointed if I’d already purchased BBK ticket

Edited by Red Day

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

With five albums to their name and a meteoric career, The Strokes will set foot on Bilbao BBK Live for the first time for an exclusive performance in the Iberian Peninsula, where they will run through the songs that have earned them recognition as one of the major 21st century bands.

I don't want to get my hopes up but this year BBK listed The xx a BBK exclusive in the Iberian Peninsula and they ended up being announced for Super Bock Super Rock in Lisbon...

19 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Thom Yorke's set was also """exclusive"""... guess we'll have to wait and see

For Portugal, not Iberian peninsula though. 

I would absolutely love the Strokes as it's been ages since they were anywhere near. At least now we know they will be around in the summer. 

Also, with BBK, Mad Cool, Doctor Music and NOS Alive all on the same weekend it's virtually impossible not to have crossover and with the latter being the only one that's outside Spain... 

Mmmm I’m not sure if that increases or decreases the chance of The Strokes popping up.

Just for the reason that The Voidz are on the Bilbao BBK poster too. I reckon The Strokes and The Voidz would play the same day so surely he’s not going to do Bilbao and Lisbon back to back and do 3/4 shows in 2 days in 2 different countries. So I’d think that’d they’d be at Bilbao the first or last day and Lisbon vice versa with a day gap in between. I’m not sure there’s any space for them on the Saturday at Nos and I’d find it strange for them to pop up on the first day when The Cure would be headlining with a 3 hour set.

Maybe I’m overthinking it ?

Hopefully this doesn’t rule them out because they’re the one band I’m hoping to see next Summer. Bilbao now have most of their poster out, mad cool won’t be far behind... so really hope we get this third headliner and a couple more names this side of Christmas.

Bit of a spanner in the works really, wasn’t expecting Bilbao to get The Strokes at all thought it would be MC/NOS. 

24 minutes ago, stylishkids said:

Mmmm I’m not sure if that increases or decreases the chance of The Strokes popping up.

Just for the reason that The Voidz are on the Bilbao BBK poster too. I reckon The Strokes and The Voidz would play the same day so surely he’s not going to do Bilbao and Lisbon back to back and do 3/4 shows in 2 days in 2 different countries. So I’d think that’d they’d be at Bilbao the first or last day and Lisbon vice versa with a day gap in between. I’m not sure there’s any space for them on the Saturday at Nos and I’d find it strange for them to pop up on the first day when The Cure would be headlining with a 3 hour set.

Maybe I’m overthinking it ?

I don’t think he’s played in both bands on the same day yet. They’ve had quite a few instances where both bands have been booked for a festival but always different days.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t think he’s played in both bands on the same day yet. They’ve had quite a few instances where both bands have been booked for a festival but always different days.

That would still mean that JC would have to do 11th and 12th at Bilbao and 13th at Lisbon. Or 11th at Lisbon and then 12th and 13th at Bilbao. And as I said I don't think there's any room for them on the 13th and I can't see them playing underneath The Cure. They go where the money is. Nos aren't going to pay them a fortune to play before their biggest headliner. Doesn't make any sense 

I'd say this make them more likely for TRNSMT personally. *If they're playing somewhere else that week that is 

Edited by stylishkids

44 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair point actually I hadn’t thought about when The Voidz would play. I suppose the Bilbao announcement makes them more likely for everywhere in the sense they’ve actually been confirmed to be touring next Summer, but if The Strokes and The Voidz are playing two different days in Bilbao it makes NOS or any other festival that weekend unlikely. Particularly when the only day they look able to fit into NOS is the middle day.

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

Takes me back to the good ol fifa 12 days...

Hahaha I was trying to place Standing In The Middle Of The Field, turns out that was on Fifa 18 as well. But yeah Where I'm Going has brought back memories of sulking after an Ultimate Team loss!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Plenty of time, but not for The Strokes... I'm already without hope.

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

I've a bit of hope but I wouldn't be surprised to go into 2019 without having an headliner

I think if it's not The Strokes, which is probably unlikely now, we could easily go into the New Year without the headliner. Especially because it compeltely throws it into debate who it is again