NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

20 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Strokes won´t come to Nos Alive, they might come to Portugal but not Nos Alive.

Also Mad Cool announced a bunch of artists that might end up here also, tomorrow we´ll get more news from Nos Alive.

How do you know that? 

Either way, only Iggy Pop, Eric Prydz and Vince Staples interest me out of Mad Cool's new confirmations. If Iggy Pop comes he wouldn't headline by himself, would he?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Hum... who?

Well if you don’t know I certainly don’t :lol:

The three festivals the same weekend have announced The Strokes, Chemical Brothers and Iggy Pop among a lot of others this week... do they really think this is enough? 

Edited by AAlex

34 minutes ago, weirdfishes said:

It's a Spanish band, pretty well known in Spain

That's great for the spanish folks but personally this is just a terrible confirmation. I think it is a complete waste of a slot (on the main stage!!!) that could've easily been handled to a known band that would've instead played on the secondary stage

Edit: it's not like I know better than them but it is also a terrible confirmation in the midst of every other confirmation that other festivals are announcing

Edit nº2: apparently not even the spanish are happy with this confirmation

Edited by young_contra

30 minutes ago, young_contra said:

That's great for the spanish folks but personally this is just a terrible confirmation. I think it is a complete waste of a slot (on the main stage!!!) that could've easily been handled to a known band that would've instead played on the secondary stage

Edit: it's not like I know better than them but it is also a terrible confirmation in the midst of every other confirmation that other festivals are announcing

Edit nº2: apparently not even the spanish are happy with this confirmation

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. I'm guessing they'll be the first act on on the main stage like Miguel Araujo, Kaleo and The Last Internationale this year. Whoever they are. Looks like they never have a big act on opening the day

Hoping Iggy Pops about from that Mad Cool announcement. Can't say I'm fussed about the rest 

These Spanish artists on the lineup make me think that NOS Alive and Mad Cool have an agreement about some things... And it makes me believe that the next headliners at Mad Cool will play at NOS Alive.

Also I think that Mumford and Sons are not necessarily ruled out because of their dates in Barcelona and Lisbon. 

8 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I'd be completely underwhelmed with either...

Not saying it's who I'd necessarily want, just my guess... would be happy enough with either but I don't think they'd be enough to convince me to go.

Struggle to think of anyone who'd sway me with the line up as it is now to be honest, maybe Fleetwood Mac, because I'd save a fair bit of money not going to Dublin in June to see them.

EDIT - If it's only acts announced for Mad Cool that we can expect tomorrow... Miles Kane and Iggy Pop would be nice.

Edited by AAlex

44 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

These Spanish artists on the lineup make me think that NOS Alive and Mad Cool have an agreement about some things... And it makes me believe that the next headliners at Mad Cool will play at NOS Alive.

Also I think that Mumford and Sons are not necessarily ruled out because of their dates in Barcelona and Lisbon. 

They are ruled out, Portugal is a very small country, one big band can´t come here to a play a concert and then comeback to headline some festival.

4 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

They are ruled out, Portugal is a very small country, one big band can´t come here to a play a concert and then comeback to headline some festival.

Not necessarily true... Exemple : Arcade Fire 2018 (April + Coura) 

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Not necessarily true... Exemple : Arcade Fire 2018 (April + Coura) 

That was an exception though as they were replacing Bjork, plus, I think that their history with the festival made them more likely to head there again

Edited by young_contra

4 minutes ago, young_contra said:

That was an exception though as they were replacing Bjork

Absolutely, I don't have any other exemple in memory (and I don't want to search x)) but still. Mumford and Sons are festival fans and things change quickly, I wouldn't erase them. 

1 minute ago, joaommaia said:

And Arcade Fire are way bigger than Mumford in Portugal. It's not the same.

Also, in Portugal, Mumford only could play as co-headliner, like they did in 2015. 

I'm expecting one/two more big names and that's it. Probably names that no one mentioned yet.

I expect other names too. I'd want to bet on RHCP and a kickass comeback of a band of the 00s. 3 more big names on the lineup or something.. 

4 minutes ago, young_contra said:

It scares me and excites me at the same time how we are unable to come up with a solid headliner or two.

We won't sleep at Christmas ? Tomorrow could be a big day...

On the Mad Cool thread they were clues about artists (one touring in the 60s - > Iggy, 2001 ? 2007 ?), it secretly makes me think of a return of a Black Keys (RIP Richard Swift) but maybe it's just sci-fi... That would make sense to me. The only sure thing is that there will be surprises for both Mad Cool and NOS Alive. Otherwise I wouldn't understand how they didn't get The Strokes... 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

We won't sleep at Christmas ? Tomorrow could be a big day...

On the Mad Cool thread they were clues about artists (one touring in the 60s - > Iggy, 2001 ? 2007 ?), it secretly makes me think of a return of a Black Keys (RIP Richard Swift) but maybe it's just sci-fi... That would make sense to me. The only sure thing is that there will be surprises for both Mad Cool and NOS Alive. Otherwise I wouldn't understand how they didn't get The Strokes... 

Funny you mention The Black Keys, I thought of them as headliners a few months ago if they were to make a comeback which there's no real indications of that happening next year, I believe. 
You're right. Leaving The Strokes aside is a bold move and one would hope that it is for a good reason. 

• Upvote 1

Imagine The Cure - Florence or Mumford, RHCP-Black Keys, Bon Iver-Smashing Pumpkins-Travis Scott-Chemicals... 

I can definitely imagi e something like that for NOS Alive, with the addition of The National for Mad Cool? 

?

#dreamdreamdream