NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

19 minutes ago, young_contra said:

This festival's website is awful. They're YET to correctly update their lineup

Their website is beyond a joke :D the Portuguese version is far better and updated than the english, so I'm only checking that now, and picking up bits of Portuguese at the same time. 

8 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Starting to believe that this will be the lineup, of course the dates are not correct 

I can't help but feel if they had Florence they'd have announced her by now, but maybe not... I probably wouldn't be going if that's all the top lines, unless the undercard on all days has some 'heavier' bands (not HEAVY, just a bit louder than Florence, Bon Iver...).

Tame Impala would be great, probably my favourite set from Mad Cool and one of my favourites all year, but seem likely for Primavera Porto headliners so would probably rule them out of this.

Mad Cool and Bilbao BBK are announcing next week and both will have about 70-80% of the line up out I believe, so hopefully NOS are going to realise if those two are the same weekend it might be smart to announce a couple of big names too :P

15 minutes ago, AAlex said:

I can't help but feel if they had Florence they'd have announced her by now, but maybe not... I probably wouldn't be going if that's all the top lines, unless the undercard on all days has some 'heavier' bands (not HEAVY, just a bit louder than Florence, Bon Iver...).

Tame Impala would be great, probably my favourite set from Mad Cool and one of my favourites all year, but seem likely for Primavera Porto headliners so would probably rule them out of this.

Mad Cool and Bilbao BBK are announcing next week and both will have about 70-80% of the line up out I believe, so hopefully NOS are going to realise if those two are the same weekend it might be smart to announce a couple of big names too :P

At 2016 edition they only announced Radiohead, Tame Impala, Arcade Fire and Grimes in January and February, until that date the lineup was worst that this one so I don´t think that they´re hiding anything, for me Florence is 100% in, maybe next week they´ll announce her.

Of course there can be a an undercard, when they announced Arcade Fire 2 years ago it was a big surprise for everybody so I think that besides Florence there is another big name that nobody expects, but I also think that this year we won´t have fix headliners like Pearl Jam and Arctic Monkeys but a lot of co headliners, and I like that idea a lot.

They always take names from Primavera Sound festival, so I expect at least Tame Impala or Interpol, but who knows, maybe they can bring another type of names from that lineup.

Also there have been a lot of talk about Travis Scott and Post Malone and Childish Gambino, I´m skeptical about that but in 2015 they´ve put Stromae and in 2017 they brought The Weekend as headliner so who knows.

Edited by festivalguy97

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

At 2016 edition they only announced Radiohead, Tame Impala, Arcade Fire and Grimes in January and February, until that date the lineup was worst that this one so I don´t think that they´re hiding anything, for me Florence is 100% in, maybe next week they´ll announce her.

Of course there can be a an undercard, when they announced Arcade Fire 2 years ago it was a big surprise for everybody so I think that besides Florence there is another big name that nobody expects, but I also think that this year we won´t have fix headliners like Pearl Jam and Arctic Monkeys but a lot of co headliners, and I like that idea a lot.

They always take names from Primavera Sound festival, so I expect at least Tame Impala or Interpol, but who knows, maybe they can bring another type of names from that lineup.

Also there have been a lot of talk about Travis Scott and Post Malone and Childish Gambino, I´m skeptical about that but in 2015 they´ve put Stromae and in 2017 they brought The Weekend as headliner so who knows.

Just noticed Florences Hyde Park date is the Saturday of NOS, so not sure if that has any bearing,  is Lisbon Friday, London Saturday feasible?

Yeah I don't mind the coheadliner idea, doesn't really get the same quality acts in the UK but in Europe you seem to get two decent names. I hope there is a couple of big names to announce European dates, I'm pretty confident there are, because I struggle to make a line up from the ones around so far (that can play NOS) that I'd be excited about.

The only one of those I'd like is Childish Gambino, in fact he'd be a big selling point for me, Post Malone and Travis Scott not so much, saw Post Malone at Mad Cool and he was nothing to write home about.

34 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Just noticed Florences Hyde Park date is the Saturday of NOS, so not sure if that has any bearing,  is Lisbon Friday, London Saturday feasible?

Yeah I don't mind the coheadliner idea, doesn't really get the same quality acts in the UK but in Europe you seem to get two decent names. I hope there is a couple of big names to announce European dates, I'm pretty confident there are, because I struggle to make a line up from the ones around so far (that can play NOS) that I'd be excited about.

The only one of those I'd like is Childish Gambino, in fact he'd be a big selling point for me, Post Malone and Travis Scott not so much, saw Post Malone at Mad Cool and he was nothing to write home about.

They played BBK last year and went to play a concert in Germany the next day, so can´t see a problem with that, Florence can also play as co headliner with The Cure, and Tame Impala + Vampire + another strong name as co headliners for the second day

2 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

They played BBK last year and went to play a concert in Germany the next day, so can´t see a problem with that, Florence can also play as co headliner with The Cure, and Tame Impala + Vampire + another strong name as co headliners for the second day

The Cure are not a co headline size band, they'll headline outright and likely get at least a 2.5 hour slot

4 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Even though they randomly released M83's participation, NOS made their first 2016 lineup announcement in the middle of December and even then, Pixies was the only headliner they had announced. They even announced Pixies was a co-headliner. That doesn't seem that bad.

I still believe the worst instance was 2014 when they had announced Black Keys and Arctic Monkeys well in advance and only announced The Libertines as a headliner (a band that was received incredibly poorly) only a month in advance. I'm not sure whether it has ever been confirmed whether The Libertines were a replacement booking or a last minute booking or whether they were the intended headliners all along, because I have never seen a main stage look so deserted during a headline performance. The festival had already sold out well in advance but that was an example of bad announcing.

30 minutes ago, Mau5 said:

Even though they randomly released M83's participation, NOS made their first 2016 lineup announcement in the middle of December and even then, Pixies was the only headliner they had announced. They even announced Pixies was a co-headliner. That doesn't seem that bad.

I still believe the worst instance was 2014 when they had announced Black Keys and Arctic Monkeys well in advance and only announced The Libertines as a headliner (a band that was received incredibly poorly) only a month in advance. I'm not sure whether it has ever been confirmed whether The Libertines were a replacement booking or a last minute booking or whether they were the intended headliners all along, because I have never seen a main stage look so deserted during a headline performance. The festival had already sold out well in advance but that was an example of bad announcing.

Their BST booking was arranged in a matter of days, I think. I remember being surprised at the European festivals piggybacking on the reunion that BST facilitated because they must have been very far behind at that point.