Satellite pic.

Stretlow

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It's fascinating. Provides such a different perspective. I'm thinking it's the Thursday last year, looks pretty full but no music going on in any of the larger stages, but there's something on at the Stonebridge bar, which does have music on the Thursday, and the open stage in T&C by Gate C.

Or even later Wednesday? There's still a fair queue at Gate C.

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It's fascinating. Provides such a different perspective. I'm thinking it's the Thursday last year, looks pretty full but no music going on in any of the larger stages, but there's something on at the Stonebridge bar, which does have music on the Thursday, and the open stage in T&C by Gate C.

I think the Glasto Chat meet up is going on under the big tree in the Pyramid field, which would make it Thursday. Also, the coach park is pretty empty so I think that would rule out Wednesday. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Pazzler said:

Most stages are well worn, which would suggest Saturday or Sunday.
And Gate C had that queue every bloody morning.

You can see there's nobody at the front of the Pyramid as the fence is still up, so Thursday. If there are that many people at Stonebridge but nobody at Pyramid, it rules out Friday-Sunday I think.

Its definitely before 3pm on Thursday as that is when we arrived and the Worthy View car park isn't as full to back where we were parked. Its not that far off though so would guess some time Thursday morning. 

Edited by Chef

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Its definitely before 3pm on Thursday as that is when we arrived and the Worthy View car park isn't as full to back where we were parked. Its not that far off though so would guess some time Thursday morning.

Yeah, it's definitely not Friday onwards.

Just looking at the Pyramid field, the NHS message hasn't had a chance to fade, and the build work on the Pyramid sound system is still ongoing - so the stage hadn't opened yet.

There's crowds at some of the smaller stages around T&C, which suggests to me that it's probably Thursday. I reckon probably about noon-ish.

22 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah, it's definitely not Friday onwards.

Just looking at the Pyramid field, the NHS message hasn't had a chance to fade, and the build work on the Pyramid sound system is still ongoing - so the stage hadn't opened yet.

There's crowds at some of the smaller stages around T&C, which suggests to me that it's probably Thursday. I reckon probably about noon-ish.

With the crowds around Stonebridge, maybe around 1ish with it being Baggy Mondays? Generally draws quite a large crowd.

If it is around then I can picture where I was. In the Circus watching the acts waiting for Lekiddo!

As mentioned before, I think the gathering round the Pyramid tree is TWFTPU thing Glasto Chat do. I took the 2nd photo at 13:02. The crowd look a little thinner and there's a big crowds round Stonebridge and at T&C riser so I think it's a little later.

Screenshot_20240423_111426_Gallery.jpg.388593b829c58562bcc405119bbbd55e.jpg

Screenshot_20240423_111507_Gallery.thumb.jpg.0cbd0a8d59d39980a3640b3b31dd24aa.jpg

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Glastopedia has done a version with the stages and various other locations labelled.

2023 Satellite Image (glastopedia.com)

thats really good @Glastopedia such a rabbit hole that could be gone down in terms of information that could be displayed on that like arena sizes or linking with Torts guide for camping guides , great info though on its own 

47 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

thats really good @Glastopedia such a rabbit hole that could be gone down in terms of information that could be displayed on that like arena sizes or linking with Torts guide for camping guides , great info though on its own 

Thanks for the share! And yeah, was just thinking about adding additional info like you suggested. Plenty of things to think about!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Glastopedia said:

Thanks for the share! And yeah, was just thinking about adding additional info like you suggested. Plenty of things to think about!

ive just been looking it and recalled our route from the carparks and sent it to mate that wasnt with us. so very useful 

In 2008 i went down on the wednesday with some mates, parked up in purple miles away from gate C as per normal, pitched up the tent etc and got everything sorted - then my girlfriend at the time drove down on the thursday, and she wasnt great at directions so she got lost on the a303 somehow and she ended up in the hospitality parking about a hundred yards outside of gate A, in that very spot you've marked 😄 dunno how, she had a normal parking pass, but i presume the dudes on the gate thought she looked like she might kill someone if she wasnt parked as close as possible . . . it made the monday morning an absolute breeze tbf 

5 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

No worries...I actually managed to get a jammy parking spot right behind it in 2022! Shortest walk into the festival ever!

So it was you they were giving priority exit to .. yer buggar 😀

correction not in it I’ll let you off 🙂 we were just over that bridge last year when mates dropped car down 

Edited by Crazyfool01

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

So it was you they were giving priority exit to .. yer buggar 😀

😁

I just got lucky really, just to the left of hospitality parking is where the temporary parking for press credential collection is. They let international attendees park there while picking up tickets from the box office. After I got my ticket, I asked where they wanted me to bring the car to park it. The girl there said sure I could park in staff parking if I wanted, but I didn't want to get her into trouble as my parking pass was a punters one, so she opened a gate for me and let me into the field right behind hospitality parking!