Lineup 2020

randlfan

Okay so I ain't even kidding when I say I''ve been to Leeds Festival since 2008 every single year and can see where it takes place from where I live I'm that close, and I love it when it comes around every year, helps me personally. But with no posts since March 17th now meaning it's been 2 months nearly since the last post, and the world as it is, an announcement needs to be imminent.

I do NOT want 80,000 people coming into the village I live in, infecting me and the entire village. They need to postpone it, just like many other festivals have so we can get a refund and not worry about it, the sooner they announce it the better. We need to hear something, and it should be that it's cancelled for this year.

Now with the lineup actually being decent for once, I do hope that they can carry most of the artists over for next year (Rage, FEVER 333, Stormzy, KSI, ATL just to name a few personally I'd see) but even if not I'd much rather be safe and cancel the festival for this year.

The sooner people here about it the better, I do get worried that they haven't posted in 2 months but are they waiting to see about the current world crisis and see what happens nearer the time? I hope not...

Only a matter of time before we get an announcement about Reading not going ahead this year. They're obviously holding out until the last possible minute, which personally I don't blame them for. Even if there was any chance, no matter how slim, of it going ahead, Johnson's speech yesterday has effectively ended that. 

It's a shame of course but in the grand scheme of things it's what needs to happen. Not worth putting so many lives at risk of not only the festival goers but as others have said, the people of Reading too. 

Roll on 2021

• Upvote 1

Electric Picnic aka Electric Shitnic here in Ireland (an extremely poor version of R & L) just got canceled in the last hour. Its the week after Leeds and Melvin also owns it. Expect an announcement tonight if not tomorrow. Its done unfortunately for this year. 

I don’t understand the people holding out hope it goes ahead, why would you actually go?

There will be no vaccine at that point so you would go risking the chance you become infected? Taking it home to your loved ones?

Even if you are young how are you to know that you or your family don’t have an underlying health issue that you aren’t aware of? 

You’d be taking unnecessary risks with life.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I don’t understand the people holding out hope it goes ahead, why would you actually go?

There will be no vaccine at that point so you would go risking the chance you become infected? Taking it home to your loved ones?

Even if you are young how are you to know that you or your family don’t have an underlying health issue that you aren’t aware of? 

You’d be taking unnecessary risks with life.

Next year for festivals could be pretty doubtful then.

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Next year for festivals could be pretty doubtful then.

For me, yep. 

I wouldn’t want to go to a mass attended event until there’s a vaccine. I really don’t see me going to a bar/restaurant until there’s a vaccine either depending on herd immunity numbers and percentages.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh just checked insta and the Rage announcement isn’t on there anymore

What’s the point removing the tweet off Instagram and twitter and then leaving them in the line up on the website...? Doesn’t sound like the organisers have many brain cells to be honest.

They’d be better off just putting out the cancellation announcement now. We all know here that it’s not happening, and they know themselves as well that it’s not either, so all of this delaying the announcement is wasting everyone’s damn time.

35 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

For me, yep. 

I wouldn’t want to go to a mass attended event until there’s a vaccine. I really don’t see me going to a bar/restaurant until there’s a vaccine either depending on herd immunity numbers and percentages.

I am pretty much the same.

Even though I already got my Sziget Festival/flights tickets, I made the decision I would not be going even if they did not cancel due to health implications.

if the festival somehow goes ahead then I’ll be there because I will have to be as work in event control and coordinate welfare ops. 

I am at the opinion that it shouldn’t go ahead because I can’t guarantee the welfare of guests and volunteers.  

Edited by Sdsm123

Just wish they’d just get on with it and announce cancellation / refunds already.  On a more cheerful note, some of the other gigs that have been rescheduled now have tickets available for the rescheduled shows, presumably as some have got refunds. 

3 hours ago, metallimuse said:

For me, yep. 

A vaccine may never be possible. What then? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Isambard said:

Have any of the acts officially pulled out ? Could we ask for a refund based on the fact that the bands promised will not be there, no matter what ?

Rage have said they aren’t coming to Europe in 2020 and I booked a ticket for rage.

But I’m of the view that they are probably 99.99% sure it’s off and they are just waiting for some final penny to drop. Probably something to do with insurance or force majeure.

I mean... look at the travel bans in place. Half their lineup ain’t coming as it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thetime said:

No, read the terms and conditions.

I bet there are pages of them, I’ll take your word for it !  I just want my money back at this stage.  I would imagine there are quite a few of us strapped for cash .....