Lineup 2020

randlfan

Just now, Matt42 said:

I probably am getting ahead of myself here but if there’s going to be any band who would drop a sub it’s probably Biffy Clyro lol.

Biffy Clyro subbing rage is totally a fantasy that I can see

Biffy subbing Rage and I take back everything bad I’ve said about the lineups over the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I probably am getting ahead of myself here but if there’s going to be any band who would drop a sub it’s probably Biffy Clyro lol.

I said earlier I don't think they'd wanna go from headliner to co head to sub. However, at this point in their career, they probably don't care and just enjoy being able to play shows. Would be naughty having Biffy go into Rage tho, even if I think Biffy deserve headline.

3 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Biffy subbing Rage and I take back everything bad I’ve said about the lineups over the last few years. 

1 minute ago, jjoshwhite said:

I said earlier I don't think they'd wanna go from headliner to co head to sub. However, at this point in their career, they probably don't care and just enjoy being able to play shows. Would be naughty having Biffy go into Rage tho, even if I think Biffy deserve headline.

I don’t feel confident in it at all and it’s probably pie in the sky. But... they did sub glasto when they didn’t really need to play that year. 

I see it similar to where Foals are right now. It’s either hold out for headline and barely play any festivals, or take it down a slot and get more bookings?

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah think they've expressed they don't mind dropping down the lineups now, they're just happy that they managed to achieve top billing but they may just be saying that to sound humble but i believe they mean it, RATM subbed by Biffy is a fantasy straight out of my wildest dreams so i'm not even going to consider it

Edit: they've got an album to promote this year so subbing is better than going unnoticed if they haven't been offered headline, although i reckon they'll be topping the bill this year. Big Weekend, R&L and a few arena dates will be their tour in the UK this year most likely

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

Just now, Matt42 said:

I don’t feel confident in it at all and it’s probably pie in the sky. But... they did sub glasto when they didn’t really need to play that year. 

I see it similar to where Foals are right now. It’s either hold out for headline and barely play any festivals, or take it down a slot and get more bookings?

Definitely. To be honest, I can see them doing what The Libertines have done and headlining the medium size festivals like Y Not, Victorious etc. That way you're still upholding your headliner status with the possibility of once again headlining the larger festivals. My ultimate dream would be a Glastonbury headline slot, but I honestly don't think they'll ever be offered one.

1 minute ago, mttJ said:

Fair enough. Thought they sounded horrendous at the Kingston acoustic gig but that’s not really anything to go by. 

Don't get me wrong, Tom is a legend, but towards the end he just sounded awful, their 2014 Reading headline was so bad because of him! But Matt Skibba is good! The last two albums are good! Not saying it's for everyone, but Blink-182 are my fav band so!

I'm getting on board with Migos being on the lineup, don't think they'd do too well as a sub but if they headlined R1 against LG i'd defo give them a shot, i know @TheWaters said he wasn't impressed by them live but they've got so many tracks as a group and Offset has plenty by himself too, hopefully if they do play they've improved their live set since 2017

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

I'm getting on board with Migos being on the lineup, don't think they'd do too well as a sub but if they headlined R1 against LG i'd defo give them a shot, i know @TheWaters said he wasn't impressed by them but they've got so many tracks as a group and Offset has plenty by himself too, hopefully if they do play they've improved their live set since 2017

Yeah they were quite poor in 2017. Mimed songs and only did the adlibs and I’m fairly sure Offset wasn’t there lmao. I’d be up for seeing them again if nothing else was on just because I’d have insanely low expectations lmao. They have a couple bangers tbf