Lineup 2020

randlfan

57 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I can see The Killers being the "irrelevant band no one cares about anymore" booking this year. 

Their glasto headline set will 100% regain a bit of stock in the band. I watched bits on tv and was very much impressed.

i reckon they’ll get stormzy instead of the killers though

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

BMTH don’t seem to be on the list for Glasto live coverage today. Cowards!

Given that literally everyone seems to be at Kylie it’s probably just as well we can’t see their set. Probably just them and the people running the merch stand beside it. 

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Given that literally everyone seems to be at Kylie it’s probably just as well we can’t see their set. Probably just them and the people running the merch stand beside it. 

yeah looking a few pictures of their set from NME and the crowd looks really small 

33 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Vampire Weekend looking and sounding good at Glasto. Would love to see them next year, surely got to be in with a shout? Where would they play, Co-headline?

Wouldn't be expecting them to still be touring in August next year but I guess if they are then it's not outside the realms of possibility. Definitely not headlining at all though - they're no bigger than last time when they played third down.

21 hours ago, Chinaski_ said:

I can see The Killers being the "irrelevant band no one cares about anymore" booking this year. 

Yeah I think then and Stormzy will be two of them. I think Liam will be at co-headline level though if the album does well. I was told they shut the field off from letting people in for Kylie.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah I think then and Stormzy will be two of them. I think Liam will be at co-headline level though if the album does well. I was told they shut the field off from letting people in for Kylie.

They’re not gonna book two of this years Glasto headliners. I think one of Stormzy or The Killers will be there, but not both.

3 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I don't think Stormzy, I think an American rapper is more likely. I don't know why, just a hunch. 

Who? Drake would cost a bomb, Kendrick and Eminem have both done it recently, Kanye is v unlikely to do any shows in the UK for a while - who else is big enough and touring right now?

Edited by jamieaslee

5 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Who? Drake would cost a bomb, Kendrick and Eminem have both done it recently, Kanye is v unlikely to do any shows in the UK for a while - who else is big enough and touring right now?

Travis Scott maybe? It looked like he drew a huge crowd in 2018 based on the highlights. 

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

FR has the money, it's just about whether he wants to come over for festivals/shows or not..

Part of me is convinced they've had their budgets slashed from what it was say a decade ago. The undercard just looks so underwhelming this days. 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

That's not to do with budget. That's to do with you getting older. :P

Perhaps.. but this is a festival who booked G'NR, had The Libertines comeback, outbid Download for the Rage reunion etc. Who these days on the line up would fetch similar kinds of money? 

You don't really see reformed bands playing R/L that much either, when it would be the festival they used to be nailed on for. 

4 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Perhaps.. but this is a festival who booked G'NR, had The Libertines comeback, outbid Download for the Rage reunion etc. Who these days on the line up would fetch similar kinds of money? 

You don't really see reformed bands playing R/L that much either, when it would be the festival they used to be nailed on for. 

Kendrick Lamar is reported to be the most expensive headliner they've ever booked.

And who's reunited that would make sense as a headliner in recent years?

Edited by dentalplan