Lineup 2020

randlfan

On 6/13/2019 at 10:09 PM, dentalplan said:

No not at all. They’re out of the conversation for Reading headline slots.

Everything was more or less set for them to headline on Amo; if they didn’t get the call-up this year because jury was still out, that has now been seen to.

Big shame as their production at APE was incredible, very small minority of bands in the world are able to attract the crowd they did and use productions levels like they used. It felt like a west end show during some of the intervals. Just not sure where they’d fit in a lineup if they won’t headline? Think I could see them co-headline. 

6 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Big shame as their production at APE was incredible, very small minority of bands in the world are able to attract the crowd they did and use productions levels like they used. It felt like a west end show during some of the intervals. Just not sure where they’d fit in a lineup if they won’t headline? Think I could see them co-headline. 

Coheadlining is headlining tbf.

A7X aren’t playing R&L. They’re way too removed from the mainstream. 

BMTH will still headline Download at some point. Andy was asked at the Boardie BBQ at Download last week whether he still considers them to be a future headliner and he said ‘Yes.’ 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

A7X aren’t playing R&L. They’re way too removed from the mainstream. 

BMTH will still headline Download at some point. Andy was asked at the Boardie BBQ at Download last week whether he still considers them to be a future headliner and he said ‘Yes.’ 

Andy is also a twat who will just book Maiden etc etc over them again and again too.

1 hour ago, ob123 said:

Yeah true, but can’t see them headlining out right. Think they could co headline. But like you say, this year was probably their chance. 

Fair if you think that. I just think that if anyone is saying that they won’t be headlining, they mean they’d be headlining 0 sites rather than only 1. :P

45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair if you think that. I just think that if anyone is saying that they won’t be headlining, they mean they’d be headlining 0 sites rather than only 1. :P

Tbf Panic! and Twenty One Pilots have both been billed as co-headliners and subbed at both sites.

45 minutes ago, syc1818 said:

thats not a gig - thats his sunday service church thing where they sing some of his songs and covers. Hasnt played a proper gig since the life of pablo tour but hopefully he releases yandhi soon 

Surprised he took his Sunday service to Coachella 

Edit: He actually did ha! - Well that's a relief, did think those setlists were dissapointing 

Edited by jamieaslee

9 hours ago, Jericode said:

All three examples are glorified subs, if they don't play last they aren't a headliner, it should be that simple. Either alternate between sites or don't bother calling it a co-headliner.

Now those guys have mentioned it, I could see BMTH doing that and it being called a coheadliner for their sakes.

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Now those guys have mentioned it, I could see BMTH doing that and it being called a coheadliner for their sakes.

Who could they co-head with? Tame Impala? Catfish (pls no)? - I was surprised to see Royal Blood booked as a sub, thought they'd co-head next

1 minute ago, jamieaslee said:

Who could they co-head with? Tame Impala? Catfish (pls no)? - I was surprised to see Royal Blood booked as a sub, thought they'd co-head next

They'd pair well with someone like Travis Scott or Billie Eilish imo.

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

They'd pair well with someone like Travis Scott or Billie Eilish imo.

Yeah maybe Stormzy too. I don’t see them putting them with an indie band - definitely not Tame Impala or Catfish who aren’t big ticket shifters themselves.

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah maybe Stormzy too. I don’t see them putting them with an indie band - definitely not Tame Impala or Catfish who aren’t big ticket shifters themselves.

Tame Impala I get but what makes Catfish not a big ticket shifter? Especially when they've not played R&L in a few years.

5 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Tame Impala I get but what makes Catfish not a big ticket shifter? Especially when they've not played R&L in a few years.

Looking past the fact Catfish have made the same album 3 times, they do sell-out every tour and put on a great show to be fair. - Starting to understand why they're called Catfish

Edited by jamieaslee
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

They’re not doing a good job of shifting tickets for Community, a festival about 1/4 the size of Reading, at the moment. And it’s not like people who go to Reading have been starved of them - they could go to any other festival and have seen them twice in that time - so I don’t see why that would make them more of a headliner.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They’re not doing a good job of shifting tickets for Community, a festival about 1/4 the size of Reading, at the moment. And it’s not like people who go to Reading have been starved of them - they could go to any other festival and have seen them twice in that time - so I don’t see why that would make them more of a headliner.

Think the Community one is more the fact they've basically done the same thing in London the last 2 years too. Tickets for their arena shows fly out and their TRNSMT headline day seems to be selling alright. Personally think the average R&L goer would be all over them co-headlining.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Think the Community one is more the fact they've basically done the same thing in London the last 2 years too. Tickets for their arena shows fly out and their TRNSMT headline day seems to be selling alright. Personally think the average R&L goer would be all over them co-headlining.

Strange they weren’t booked this year then at the start of a new album cycle if they’d be that popular.