Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

150 sheets for a Billie Eilish standing ticket

Just gonna get worse and worse over the next couple of years. Acts, especially ones with stan-like fanbases, have realised people will fork out insane amounts to see them and they’ll just keep pushing and pushing until eventually sales begin to dampen, but the FOMO from fans means that probably isn’t gonna happen for a while.

7 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Just gonna get worse and worse over the next couple of years. Acts, especially ones with stan-like fanbases, have realised people will fork out insane amounts to see them and they’ll just keep pushing and pushing until eventually sales begin to dampen, but the FOMO from fans means that probably isn’t gonna happen for a while.

Yeah it’s truly dire. Got through in the presale to get the cheapest seats (£78 to sit in the back row of the O2) only to go against it. It is wild. It cost £76 for standing at the O2 on her last tour!!

She hasn’t even got bigger on anything - granted an Oscar-winning song but she couldn’t really get bigger. She was a huge star last album out already. Not a dig at her for getting the bag, because if there’s money to be made… Just a reflection of how it is across the board

I did get a ticket for Porter Robinson at Brixton for only £35 which is a pretty good rate for shows it seems

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Yeah it’s truly dire. Got through in the presale to get the cheapest seats (£78 to sit in the back row of the O2) only to go against it. It is wild. It cost £76 for standing at the O2 on her last tour!!

She hasn’t even got bigger on anything - granted an Oscar-winning song but she couldn’t really get bigger. She was a huge star last album out already. Not a dig at her for getting the bag, because if there’s money to be made… Just a reflection of how it is across the board

I did get a ticket for Porter Robinson at Brixton for only £35 which is a pretty good rate for shows it seems

Billie Eilish has 1000% got bigger since her last tour, let's not be silly. Brushing off an Oscar-winning song alone is hilarious.

35 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Killer Mike , Lankum , Sam Morton , DJ milo filling out the bill on the massive attack Bristol downs day 

Where dis? Not on their site or IG

4 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Billie Eilish has 1000% got bigger since her last tour, let's not be silly. Brushing off an Oscar-winning song alone is hilarious.

Yeah that’s fair. Maybe in my mind she has just been one of the bigger pop stars on the planet for the last few years (I’ve been all in for a long time, saw her at Heaven back in the EP days) so seeing that rise might have blindsided me

But on her cancelled 2020 tour, she was doing four nights at the O2. on album 2, she did five scheduled around her Glastonbury slot. I can’t see how you can get much bigger than that. I don’t personally see winning an Oscar (her second!) as a massive leap for popularity - it’s not like No Time To Die was craved by her fans to be on her setlist. The Barbie song itself though was an undeniably massive thing of last year

All this to say that she is undoubtedly one of the biggest stars on the planet and the sales for this tour solidifies that she can get away with those prices so it doesn’t really matter i guess aha

I think what we're both trying to say is she was already very near the top of her pile, if not the top of her pile, and that she is now even further ahead than those behind her. I think she could sell out every night of the year at the o2, and think she could on her last cycle too.

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

That's an absolutely mad take!

20 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Where dis? Not on their site or IG

I signed up for the email distribution on the event website and it came through at lunchtime today. Must admit I presumed it has been blanketed all over socials but didn’t actually check 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Demand's not really that crazy. At least not in Glasgow.  Nothing compared to O-Rod.

Just went to have a look on priority at the stage setup at the millennium dome. It let me add 4 (the max) standing to my basket no problem. That's not normally possible after 10:01 on presale day. Think all those dates at those prices are a bit ambitious.

9 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Just went to have a look on priority at the stage setup at the millennium dome. It let me add 4 (the max) standing to my basket no problem. That's not normally possible after 10:01 on presale day. Think all those dates at those prices are a bit ambitious.

Aye - when I got in the queue there were only about 250 folk in front of me. Compared to about 25,000 for Beyonce.

On 4/29/2024 at 3:49 PM, JayDiesel said:

Not that I'm privvy to venue booking info, but surely it's easier and more cost-effective to book 2-3 stadium shows in July than 10 arena shows? 

Or are we assuming the stadiums are all full next summer?

I did ponder if it might be a production thing as said below with Billie doing a 360 tour, which as noted, is easier for arenas.

Certainly I recall Muse doing 5 nights at London O2, plus 6 in Milan and 6 in Paris on their Drones tour in 2016, but mainly because they had a big 360 production with flying objects that you would have to make work indoors due to a wide variety of practicality issues outdoors.

On 4/29/2024 at 5:34 PM, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Billie Eilish is playing a 360 degree setup in the round, so that is likely easier for arenas rather than stadiums.

Certainly to the best of my knowledge we're yet to see someone go for an update on U2's grand folly:

3825867385_ab5dc229cc_b.jpg

16 hours ago, The Nal said:

Will we get another visit from the J-Jack evangelist?

I hope so. Wonder if he's gone for one of the £150 floor seats, or paid £170 to sit on the aisle.

On 4/25/2024 at 4:11 PM, zahidf said:

That’s actually shocking. I’ll be buying more merch at small gigs going forwards.