Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm fascinated by Florence + The Machine, because - had she not headlined before - I'd wonder about her viability as a Pyramid topper going forward.

But her arena run went like hot cakes and she has a corking catalogue over several albums now to pull out too. She might be in a stronger position than she was in 2015, even without the sheer commercial weight of her current stuff to back it up.

She wasn't even touching Spectrum on the current run. If you can toss one of your biggest hits by the side and still deliver a good show, then you've got something good going on. (Coincidentally, see The 1975 and them phasing Chocolate out of shows gradually in the past six months too.)

I feel like she'd look more like a headliner in the UK if other UK festivals would deign to book her as one, so far it's just been stand-alones and boardmasters. Like she's headlined most fests in the USA and everywhere in Europe and continues to do so, it's just the UK where she hasn't rly been booked.

She's been selling out arena tours of that size for the last few eras with no issue, I think it's her lack of other UK fest appearances that cause others to doubt her cred in that respect. Tho she is definitely 'smaller' than GnR/arctics/Elton.

Her last album is a monster live, would go over well at glasto if given the chance imo

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm fascinated by Florence + The Machine, because - had she not headlined before - I'd wonder about her viability as a Pyramid topper going forward.

But her arena run went like hot cakes and she has a corking catalogue over several albums now to pull out too. She might be in a stronger position than she was in 2015, even without the sheer commercial weight of her current stuff to back it up.

She wasn't even touching Spectrum on the current run. If you can toss one of your biggest hits by the side and still deliver a good show, then you've got something good going on. (Coincidentally, see The 1975 and them phasing Chocolate out of shows gradually in the past six months too.)

Florence has nowhere near the collection of hits the 1975 have, she's probably swapped spectrum out but is playing a random album track instead with less than 10 mil streams. Based off her setlist for her last show she is doing 11 songs off her new album as well so no doubt some stinkers being played

She's also commonly not played spectrum in the past e.g. all of 2019

That white cover album of theres is basically all bangers so some older songs have to give as the songs off that white one mostly staples now. similar to AM in a way really

2 hours ago, shivroy said:

I feel like she'd look more like a headliner in the UK if other UK festivals would deign to book her as one, so far it's just been stand-alones and boardmasters. Like she's headlined most fests in the USA and everywhere in Europe and continues to do so, it's just the UK where she hasn't rly been booked.

She's been selling out arena tours of that size for the last few eras with no issue, I think it's her lack of other UK fest appearances that cause others to doubt her cred in that respect. Tho she is definitely 'smaller' than GnR/arctics/Elton.

Her last album is a monster live, would go over well at glasto if given the chance imo

And:

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Florence has nowhere near the collection of hits the 1975 have, she's probably swapped spectrum out but is playing a random album track instead with less than 10 mil streams. Based off her setlist for her last show she is doing 11 songs off her new album as well so no doubt some stinkers being played

She's also commonly not played spectrum in the past e.g. all of 2019

That white cover album of theres is basically all bangers so some older songs have to give as the songs off that white one mostly staples now. similar to AM in a way really

Interested to get dual reactions on it!

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

It's already up to £50 with fees lol

Millennium Square though so just like the old Slam Dunk days you should be able to sit outside Spoons and hear everything perfectly 

That Wetherspoons has gone downhill since back in the day, I must admit, but the vantage points can be exceptional.

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

FpgBKp_XEAEuoF3?format=jpg&name=medium

Graphic design is my passion.

I mean, that poster design follows the aggressive branding strategy of Popworld to a tee. Even if I last went to one in 2019.

Though I doubt it'll be the one and only chance to see Chesney Hawkes this year

... sorry.

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I mean, that poster design follows the aggressive branding strategy of Popworld to a tee. Even if I last went to one in 2019.

Though I doubt it'll be the one and only chance to see Chesney Hawkes this year

... sorry.

Took me a painful moment.

Probably past my bedtime.

46 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Was under the impression Blur would have the same bill both days but apparently not.

Paul Weller leads the Sunday line-up.

FpkBWAJWAAA0TtB?format=jpg&name=large

Wow! I'm going that day and so happy Paul Weller is there! The Selecter is also nice unexpected surprise. don't know much the bands on Saturday but I think this day is more for me. now just needs to wait to see who will be added to Guns N' Roses and Bruce Springsteen in BST

Edited by amfest12

1 hour ago, amfest12 said:

Wow! I'm going that day and so happy Paul Weller is there! The Selecter is also nice unexpected surprise. don't know much the bands on Saturday but I think this day is more for me. now just needs to wait to see who will be added to Guns N' Roses and Bruce Springsteen in BST

I'm looking forward to seeing who gets added to Bruce day too. Weller has already enhanced that weekend for me!