Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Insider with some apparent links to the band on IORR says that The Rolling Stones are due to tour in early summer. "UK and a few other shows in Europe", so sounds like we're getting the best share of it. Happy days.

edit: yeah I combed the guy's comment history and they know stuff ahead of time every time. It's coming.

Edited by dentalplan

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Again, what else were you expecting?

Here's Why, one of her more well known solo tracks which is basically just her, JWL, Ringo and Klaus Voorman jamming.

It's an unhinged piece of proto-punk that basically invents Pixies.  

You dont have to like it, and the less-open minded Lennon fans certainly didn't, but it's bold, avant-garde and, for its time, radical as hell. 

She did it at the G and it were triffic.

Sorry that’s just noise, and not nice noise. 

• Upvote 1

It's noise, yeah.  But it's contemporaneous to things like the VU and clearly influential on the likes of Sonic Youth, Steve Albini, Siouxsie and the Banshees and Merzbow.

And it's kind of what she does....

So again it comes back to what people were expecting when they walked up to the Park that day.

On 2/5/2022 at 12:09 AM, mattiloy said:

I’m not saying she isn’t big in the performance art world. I’m just saying she wouldn’t be rich or famous, or performing on the park stage at Glastonbury to thousands of people if she hadn’t been John Lennon’s wife.

Because performance artists don’t tend to be well known outside of their own niche.

Thus, without boning a beatle, without the fame that brought, without the context that fame brings (of knowing she’s a performance artist) - she is reduced to, I’m afraid to say, a shrill voiced old crazy lady babbling a load of gibberish.***

If you’re into that then they’re ten a penny in any city centre, you can go down tomorrow to your nearest one say middayish, get yourself a greggs, park yourself down on a bench and just have a watch of the street scene. It won’t be long until you’re reliving the Yoko Ono experience free of charge!

*** isn’t art after all, all a matter of perspective?

CE734520-ABE6-409F-975C-1632205AEA34.gif

As others have pointed out she is a pretty influential artist in her own right and she was playing in the early evening on the Park which is exactly where you would expect such an act to play, I think that's where the CAN thingy were going to be before that was cancelled which is surely a comparible act in terms of main stream success. 

I don't doubt that she drew a bigger crowd because of her celebrity status which does owe a lot to John Lennon, but those extra people where mooks like you who hated it. An alternative reality without The Beatles connection would still see Glastonbury booking interesting and influential acts like Yoko but you'd have went to see a different name you recognised instead.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's exactly what's happening.  She's been the subject of racism and misogyny, by c**ts, for decades 

You can keep on excusing child neglect if you want mate. I won't stop you.

You're the c**t if you think I'm being racist or misogynistic.

Edit: just realised you weren't talking to me, but if you were referring to me at all in that the point still stands! I may be many things but I'm not racist and I'm not misogynistic. I just don't like Yoko Ono for reasons which span beyond the shite she puts out and has the gall to call it music.

Edited by Graphic Design Pete

6 minutes ago, Graphic Design Pete said:

You can keep on excusing child neglect if you want mate. I won't stop you.

You're the c**t if you think I'm being racist or misogynistic.

I didn't accuse you of that. But your post, accusing her of being a 'stain on society', is made in that context.

Ever since she came to public attention, the way she's been discussed is frequently abhorrent - and you're part of that pile on, whatever your motives.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I didn't accuse you of that. But your post, accusing her of being a 'stain on society', is made in that context.

Ever since she came to public attention, the way she's been discussed is frequently abhorrent - and you're part of that pile on, whatever your motives.

Sorry yeah, I'll just not bring up the horrible way she treated Julian Lennon the next time you're all hailing her as some sort of hero.

There's reasoning behind the pile on, and it's quite comical to see the white knights running to her defence.

23 minutes ago, Graphic Design Pete said:

Sorry yeah, I'll just not bring up the horrible way she treated Julian Lennon the next time you're all hailing her as some sort of hero.

There's reasoning behind the pile on, and it's quite comical to see the white knights running to her defence.

That isn’t her child. They didn’t have any sort of relationship. Then he sued her over his father leaving him out of the will but he was an adult at that point.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

As others have pointed out she is a pretty influential artist in her own right and she was playing in the early evening on the Park which is exactly where you would expect such an act to play, I think that's where the CAN thingy were going to be before that was cancelled which is surely a comparible act in terms of main stream success. 

I don't doubt that she drew a bigger crowd because of her celebrity status which does owe a lot to John Lennon, but those extra people where mooks like you who hated it. An alternative reality without The Beatles connection would still see Glastonbury booking interesting and influential acts like Yoko but you'd have went to see a different name you recognised instead.

Never listened to Yoko Ono but I listened to Can quite a bit when that got announced and they have some great stuff. Was pretty miffed when they disappeared as part of the full lineup drop.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That isn’t her child. They didn’t have any sort of relationship. Then he sued her over his father leaving him out of the will but he was an adult at that point.

When you become a step parent you have to assume some sort of responsibility for that child, especially when the father is murdered. No, she didn't have to do anything for him, but she also didn't need to be so publicly horrible to him.