Football 17/18

TheGayTent

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

City will never in a million years match Utd in my eyes. A nothing club.

Enjoy your financially doped success tho Citeh fans. Shitty league making it easier for you to dominate.

Nothing club? They have been going for over hundred years. For over half of that they were a bigger club than United and actually helped United out twice to stop them going bankrupt. At least have some idea about the history of both clubs before making stupid comments.

What's with the Citeh comment? Leave that out mate, you would not comment in a derogatory manner about how ethnic minorities speak so why do it about Mancini answer? 

As for the piece about human rights in Abu Dhabi. I agree it is worrying as there is usually no smoke without fire. Yet there is absolutely no evidence to implicate City's owner in way what so ever.  Also what exactly can I do about it? It is their country and they are fit to rule it as they like. Is every person who visits Dubai or Abu Dhabi implicated as well?

16 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Nothing club? They have been going for over hundred years. For over half of that they were a bigger club than United and actually helped United out twice to stop them going bankrupt. At least have some idea about the history of both clubs before making stupid comments.

What's with the Citeh comment? Leave that out mate, you would not comment in a derogatory manner about how ethnic minorities speak so why do it about Mancini answer? 

As for the piece about human rights in Abu Dhabi. I agree it is worrying as there is usually no smoke without fire. Yet there is absolutely no evidence to implicate City's owner in way what so ever.  Also what exactly can I do about it? It is their country and they are fit to rule it as they like. Is every person who visits Dubai or Abu Dhabi implicated as well?

? Are you telling me this is a racial slur?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=citeh

9 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

? Are you telling me this is a racial slur?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=citeh

Arm reet glad to be a northerener and Ah sahpport Citeh.

No one speaks like that in Manchester what so ever so that page you have pasted is a load of bollocks. You are not using the term in a positive context so why use the term at all. We are called City not Citeh.

All you have done is spouted bollocks with no factual evidence what so ever to back up your claims. Financial doping Cite, Small Club and so on. It is like bitter bingo. Whats next, tallest flood lights?

As for the Abu Dhabi human rights thing. I live in a divided country that seems to be full of hate. The place is riddled with drugs and crime. There are hundreds of homeless living on the streets of Manchester with a large proportion of the walking round like Zombies after smoking spice. Just the other day 3 people were arrested for burning alive 4 innocent Children at a house in Salford. Now the UAE don't have issues with problems like these. Maybe we should get our own house in order before we dictate to other countries about morality.

5 hours ago, thetime said:

I think it may be a sly dig at city fans being from Stockport.

Again it is a dig I have never quite understood. Stockport town centre in 6.5 miles away from the Etihad and 5.7 miles away from Maine Rd.

Had it at Old Trafford last week. United fans from absolute miles away shouting fuck off back to Stockport. You just had to stand there scratching your head in bewilderment at what point they were actually trying to make.

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Again Gnom I have no idea what point you're trying to make. That bloke shouting City sounds nothing like the the way it is implied Mancunians speak on the page Wooderson posted. Plus we have absolutely no idea where the bloke is from.

The Citeh jibe is a relatively new thing. It certainly was not used when I was younger and going to Maine Rd. It has gained precedence with the rise of internet forums and is generally based on the way the Gallaghers speak. I can not lie here, I have a broad Manc accent and there is no way me or the Gallaghers speak like it is insinuated on that page Wooderson posted.

Edited by eastynh

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Again it is a dig I have never quite understood. Stockport town centre in 6.5 miles away from the Etihad and 5.7 miles away from Maine Rd.

Had it at Old Trafford last week. United fans from absolute miles away shouting fuck off back to Stockport. You just had to stand there scratching your head in bewilderment at what point they were actually trying to make.

Would be an odd one if wooderson is making that point, especially as he’s a Liverpool fan from Ireland. :lol:

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Come on in years gone by we just laughed at you, now we’ve got to feed of scraps. 

Give us the little enjoyment we have during the Jose era. 

8 hours ago, eastynh said:

Again Gnom I have no idea what point you're trying to make. That bloke shouting City sounds nothing like the the way it is implied Mancunians speak on the page Wooderson posted. Plus we have absolutely no idea where the bloke is from.

The Citeh jibe is a relatively new thing. It certainly was not used when I was younger and going to Maine Rd. It has gained precedence with the rise of internet forums and is generally based on the way the Gallaghers speak. I can not lie here, I have a broad Manc accent and there is no way me or the Gallaghers speak like it is insinuated on that page Wooderson posted.

I think perhaps you're taking something as a jibe that isn't. Surely the use of Citeh is a light hearted, almost affectionate term that differentiates Manchester City from a plethora of many other City clubs. To me it shows that people consider the club to be supported by people from the area as opposed to United fans who, as we all know, are all from Surrey.

What I was trying to show was that to the untrained ear, it sounds to people from outside the area that Manchester City fans sound like they're saying Citeh as opposed to Citee. To you, being a local, this is probably faintly ridiculous. I have some level of sympathy as my own accent is considered scouse (which it isn't) by people anywhere other than Liverpudlians who have me correctly nailed as a Wool.

Next you'll be telling me you don't clean your carpet with a Hoovo.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I think perhaps you're taking something as a jibe that isn't. Surely the use of Citeh is a light hearted, almost affectionate term that differentiates Manchester City from a plethora of many other City clubs. To me it shows that people consider the club to be supported by people from the area as opposed to United fans who, as we all know, are all from Surrey.

What I was trying to show was that to the untrained ear, it sounds to people from outside the area that Manchester City fans sound like they're saying Citeh as opposed to Citee. To you, being a local, this is probably faintly ridiculous. I have some level of sympathy as my own accent is considered scouse (which it isn't) by people anywhere other than Liverpudlians who have me correctly nailed as a Wool.

Next you'll be telling me you don't clean your carpet with a Hoovo.

A fair point, you’ll know you’ve made it Easty when a load of plastics from Dublin turn up claiming to have supported you for years.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

A fair point, you’ll know you’ve made it Easty when a load of plastics from Dublin turn up claiming to have supported you for years.

Clubs like Citee would kill for LFC/United's support in this town. Their stadium is rarely full.

18 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Clubs like Citee would kill for LFC/United's support in this town. Their stadium is rarely full.

Why? So they can flog a few extra shirts to the day trippers who come over once a year and come back loaded with half the club shop? (Dublin airport at about 8pm on a Saturday is great for this).

Fuck that.

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Why? So they can flog a few extra shirts to the day trippers who come over once a year and come back loaded with half the club shop? (Dublin airport at about 8pm on a Saturday is great for this).

Fuck that.

Few extra day trippers would be a welcome addition for Man City. Been fans from this side of the Irish Sea for North West teams for generations.

TBF I know a few weirdos I grew up with in Dublin who are CiTEA fans. 

It used to be a hipsters choice of club before there was even the notion of a hipster.

We had a lot of "hipster" footie fans back in the 80s and 90s around these parts. Not just yer common or gardern LFC and MUFC fans.

The Hammers had a big following, as did Villa and Spuds. But two lads on my road really pushed the boundaries when they picked Swansea and Ipswich!  

34 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

TBF I know a few weirdos I grew up with in Dublin who are CiTEA fans. 

It used to be a hipsters choice of club before there was even the notion of a hipster.

We had a lot of "hipster" footie fans back in the 80s and 90s around these parts. Not just yer common or gardern LFC and MUFC fans.

The Hammers had a big following, as did Villa and Spuds. But two lads on my road really pushed the boundaries when they picked Swansea and Ipswich!  

just a guess, but did those selections have anything to do with Irish players at those teams at the time?

(it could certainly apply to City)