Football 17/18

TheGayTent

37 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Carlos Carvalhal new man at Swansea, can't say I know too much about him. 

Decent record at Wednesday with back to back play offs. I wouldn't say he overly attacking or defensive, so should be able to organise them at the back without going totally Pulls-esque. Actually think he could be a very decent choice.

"If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney. The day that this is football, I’m not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful.

Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money".

Klopp when he joined. Just shows not spending money isnt an option now. 

43 minutes ago, The Nal said:

"If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney. The day that this is football, I’m not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

That is how everybody in football understands it. You always want to have the best, but building the group is necessary to be successful.

Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players. I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money".

Klopp when he joined. Just shows not spending money isnt an option now. 

Crazy how at the start of the summer people thought cost was gonna be about £40m, but the lack of other available top-quality CB's has pushed up the price. 

Even spurs who've been praised for bringing in youth players had to pay £42m for Sanchez.

Edited by Dan R

Klopp wanted this player and for the first time in absolutely ages, LFC have the player they wanted.

Makes it even better to see Utd fans (Nal, copying pasting quotes) piss being brought to a swift boil over it whilst their manager whinges after spending a fucking fortune. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Lad said:

Cost 15m more cos of another transfer fck up.He looks ok but his form has been crap.Hope we havent got yet another Southampton blert.

His form hasn't been that bad this season, just a bit average. And considering he came back from a long injury with no preseason and has been clearly unsettled it's not too surprising. 

But yeah the summer business was a total fuck up, but Southampton played it extremely well. Wins for both sides in the end though.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

Klopp wanted this player and for the first time in absolutely ages, LFC have the player they wanted.

Makes it even better to see Utd fans (Nal, copying pasting quotes) piss being brought to a swift boil over it whilst their manager whinges after spending a fucking fortune. :lol:

To be fair if united spend another fortune, they will bloody waste it on bang average.

24 minutes ago, Dan R said:

His form hasn't been that bad this season, just a bit average. And considering he came back from a long injury with no preseason and has been clearly unsettled it's not too surprising. 

But yeah the summer business was a total fuck up, but Southampton played it extremely well. Wins for both sides in the end though.

He's looked below average and sulky.He's no win for LFC unless it leads to trophies.

5 minutes ago, Lad said:

He's looked below average and sulky.He's no win for LFC unless it leads to trophies.

Trophies are not important to the likes of Liverpool unless it the champions league and the premier league. Your Uniteds, Chelsea, Liverpool of the world it’s all about top 4 consolidation. 

Your not spending 75m to win domestic cups.

Edited by thetime

16 minutes ago, thetime said:

Trophies are not important to the likes of Liverpool unless it the champions league and the premier league. Your Uniteds, Chelsea, Liverpool of the world it’s all about top 4 consolidation. 

Your not spending 75m to win domestic cups.

They mightn't be important to some hedge fund yanks or latch ons but they are quite important to proper fans.Although Wembley and some euro aways  have become horror shows.Are you expecting open bus tours of the city for a great 4th finish? 

7 minutes ago, Lad said:

They mightn't be important to some hedge fund yanks or latch ons but they are quite important to proper fans.Although Wembley and some euro aways  have become horror shows.Are you expecting open bus tours of the city for a great 4th finish? 

The money isn’t being spent by fans, it’s being spent by owners. What I said above is what they’re interested in. Do you really think the amount of money is being spent on a league cup triumph? 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

The money isn’t being spent by fans, it’s being spent by owners. What I said above is what they’re interested in. Do you really think the amount of money is being spent on a league cup triumph? 

If you go the game it's plenty for fans to spend.There's just been a supporter representative  club meeting where it was explicitly said that they wanted the prices to rise.Presumably so Virgin can put a little aside for a new yacht.They've only got the money to spend because of buying the club on the cheap and the new tv money.You don't think they're dipping into their own money do you?:lol:

Have you been on to Boston to know the club isn't arsed about trophies?Obviously being champions is better than the league cup.Fourth is for latch ons.Football used to be more than spreadsheets. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

United and jose talks bollox,  you don’t need to preach to the converted. 

The notion that LFC would open top bus a 4th place can be filed similarly. I do rank you amongst the (sizeable) bunch of non-Jose Utd devotees. He’s a pox, innee. 

16 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Klopp wanted this player

Yup, it looks like he did. Him and only him, and probably explains why no CBs were got in the summer.

And for those who want to flag-up the high spending, the paid-for prices of the playing* backline of liverpool still total up cheaper than the backline players of the other 'top' clubs.

(* by that I mean the players who gets used regularly. It's about 7 players for each of the top clubs).

19 hours ago, Wooderson said:

No issue on my side. Was just pointing out that clubs looking to win things have to spend money these days. Particularly as Liverpool don't bring young players through the system anymore. Can't remember the last one whos got a run in the team?

He not worth anywhere close to 75m though but will improve the side of course so all good. 

Edited by The Nal

58 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No issue on my side. Was just pointing out that clubs looking to win things have to spend money these days. Particularly as Liverpool don't bring young players through the system anymore. Can't remember the last one whos got a run in the team?

He not worth anywhere close to 75m though but will improve the side of course so all good. 

Trent Alexander Arnold came through the Academy. Ben Woodburn has done pretty well for Wales and a few cameos for the club.