Football 17/18

TheGayTent

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

What a strange response to a reasoned discussion about your opinions on spending couple of weeks ago. 

It’s not Reds fans that have their knickers all bunched up over this. At no point during this “reasoned” debate did I say LFC should maintain current tack of expecting to challenge whilst spending no money. We’ll sell Phil in a couple weeks anyway and then your fantabulous spending totals will be back in line.

Btw for the snidiest poster on the forum to clutch their pearls so tightly has me in tears of laughter.

Edited by Wooderson

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Btw for the snidiest poster on the forum to clutch their pearls so tightly has me in tears of laughter.

I wondered when snide would make an appearance. :lol::lol:

Like City I’m not bothered what Liverpool spend, more interested in Utd blowing 600m last few years.

what’s more interesting is your argument about doping’ and not addressing that issue now. 

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Nobody particularly comes to mind, but then again most are forgotten as they drift down the pyramid. So do you disagree and think the best young players only progress?

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. Players progress (or don't) at different rates. That's why some players make their top flight debut at 16, some at 21, and some at 26. Some go on to have 15 year top flight careers, some disappear without trace after a couple of substitute appearances. 

Statements like "Young players....often follow a good first season with a poor second one" strikes me as the type of lazy journalism I'd expect to find in the Mirror. 

28 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. Players progress (or don't) at different rates. 

I agree, but I think the bigger club only allow for the constant progression model when it comes to their own young talent.

In terms of the factors you mentioned, I also think luck plays a role and being at the right club at the right time.

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree, but I think the bigger club only allow for the constant progression model when it comes to their own young talent.

In terms of the factors you mentioned, I also think luck plays a role and being at the right club at the right time.

There's no room for sentiment in a multi billion pound industry. 

1 hour ago, thetime said:

I wondered when snide would make an appearance. :lol::lol:

Like City I’m not bothered what Liverpool spend, more interested in Utd blowing 600m last few years.

what’s more interesting is your argument about doping’ and not addressing that issue now. 

Mate I’m sure you’re a lovely fella in reality. 

As for financially doping, LFC sell all their best players. For vast sums of cash. 

Next question.

Breaking into the 1st team from the academy at any big club is incredibly difficult. If you don't make an instant impact, fans say you're not up to standard. Make a few mistakes and they're baying for you to dropped. You've got to basically be good enough to displace an established £30m - £40m player at the age of 18. Very few can do that and end up going out on loan, never being seen again or are flogged off to smaller clubs.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Breaking into the 1st team from the academy at any big club is incredibly difficult. If you don't make an instant impact, fans say you're not up to standard. Make a few mistakes and they're baying for you to dropped. 

Who knew big clubs have a high percentage of thick fickle c**ts that follow them. 

I wasnt having pop at LFC. Just pointing out Klopps hypocritical statements. Mourinho does it to. Him moaning about money is madness. Pep too. Easier to play "The Barca way in the premier league" with a blank chequebook. They all talk BS at times. Fergie did too.

Cant really argue with signing new players at LFC given Salah this season!