2019 festival

3 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

I can see BMTH headling but it would be a weak booking because the lineup would be all newer rock bands going off the information we’ve had.

for this reason I hope it’s someone else.

Huh? The rumour we have is Foos, The 1975 and Twenty One Pilots.

40 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

We will agree to disagree here...I'll eat an ounce of download mud if they got anything worse than 2nd stage headliner...anyway this is for Download thread.

Well yeah he means they'd headline the main stage, not play below 2nd stage headliner lol.

Speaking of Gallows, I've never listened to them but one of their members is in another band called Gold Key. They were supporting Black Peaks last night. My mate sent me a tweet from this fella in Gold Key (Laurent Barnard) offering guestlist spots so I blagged my way in for free lol. Felt pretty cheeky as I didn't know the band but nobody else replied to him so no harm done. Keep an eye out tho if Black Peaks are playing near you on the rest of the tour though cos they were sick as always, looks like he's offering guestlist again today for Birmingham.

Thought I'd chuck it in this section rather than the tours bit on the Glasto page anyway cos they're very much R&L bands. Gold Key sounded pretty decent, a band called Bossk were also supporting and one of my mates said they were good but a couple of us went for a pint in the union instead so I can't comment.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There is absolutely no way on Earth that BMTH are a second stage headliner at Download. 

You are correct but before it's said headline won't happen...let's just remember that co-headliner exists....they would probably have sold out 1 Wembley arena....just about and I've seen co-headliners do that. At Download though it's a terrible idea.

They've been touring their last album (which did quite well) for about 4 years now I can see why they're not pulling the numbers like they used to but they sold out 2 days at the O2 in 2016 I'm pretty sure, they'd be big enough if the new album does as well as the last and while they might not be the first choice could be like Biffy were in 2016 as a shoe in if Foos falls through?

Whoever said 1975, 21P and Foos were absolutly guessing and is in no way "insider information". It is literally just a finger in the air, who are the biggest bands ready to make a step up to main stage cause they are popular and then the 3rd being the same rock band that is named every single year. Last year all we had was Foos inside gossip, the year before was Foos until the lineup was leaked early etc.

All the headliners are always big brand name bands that everybody has heard of, heard and knows at least 1 or 2 songs and there tune off the top of their heads. 

1975, 21P, BMTH etc are virgins to headlining, they would not put more than 1 unless 2 sub together to headline, especially in this age of such a poor pool of main stage undercard acts. 

They will go for a big 1(random wtf booking), an old 1 (oh damn as if they got them back booking) and a new 2 subbing.

21 Pilots/BMTH Friday Reading

Drake Saturday

Blink 182 Sunday

• Downvote 6

20 minutes ago, Chaarlie said:

They've been touring their last album (which did quite well) for about 4 years now I can see why they're not pulling the numbers like they used to but they sold out 2 days at the O2 in 2016 I'm pretty sure, they'd be big enough if the new album does as well as the last and while they might not be the first choice could be like Biffy were in 2016 as a shoe in if Foos falls through?

BMTH are apparently headlining an outdoor London show instead of either fest, much like QOTSA did this year. They’d probably get someone different in if there was a contingency plan but I would suspect that The 1975 are more likely to need a contingency plan than the Foos.

8 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Whoever said 1975, 21P and Foos were absolutly guessing and is in no way "insider information". It is literally just a finger in the air, who are the biggest bands ready to make a step up to main stage cause they are popular and then the 3rd being the same rock band that is named every single year. Last year all we had was Foos inside gossip, the year before was Foos until the lineup was leaked early etc.

All the headliners are always big brand name bands that everybody has heard of, heard and knows at least 1 or 2 songs and there tune off the top of their heads. 

1975, 21P, BMTH etc are virgins to headlining, they would not put more than 1 unless 2 sub together to headline, especially in this age of such a poor pool of main stage undercard acts. 

They will go for a big 1(random wtf booking), an old 1 (oh damn as if they got them back booking) and a new 2 subbing.

21 Pilots/BMTH Friday Reading

Drake Saturday

Blink 182 Sunday

Except it's come from a guy who was spot on with several things last year that clearly weren't random guesses (Catfish at APE, The Killers at Latitude).

Blink 182 are smaller than The 1975 so why on earth would they rather book 21P/Blink than 21P/The 1975?

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

for once, someone has read my mind correctly. :P 

:lol: When I read your post I assumed Download, then went and read the Download thread and saw not long ago you'd mentioned them doing an outdoor show, so was a bit confused.

Makes sense, though. When this Foos/21P/1975 info was posted I think I said I could see them doing a QOTSA and following their secret set up with a Finsbury show.

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Makes sense, though. When this Foos/21P/1975 info was posted I think I said I could see them doing a QOTSA and following their secret set up with a Finsbury show.

I was actually thinking this as well, the only issue with them having their own Finsbury gig now is will BMTH be able to sell enough tickets to warrant it.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Except it's come from a guy who was spot on with several things last year that clearly weren't random guesses (Catfish at APE, The Killers at Latitude).

Blink 182 are smaller than The 1975 so why on earth would they rather book 21P/Blink than 21P/The 1975?

He got everything wrong last year relating to R&L though...

Blink 182 are a huge international band that has headlined R&L 3 times in the last 10 years. They have been releasing music for almost 30 years and have well known songs dating back at least 20 years. They are what 21 pilots would love to be if they weren't straight edge choir boys in a church rock band that made it big.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Saw on the Glasto chat that Frank Turner is teasing a big festival announcement next week. NME Headliner? Has a massive history with the festival and has missed a few years now. 

The announcement itself I'm assuming will just be Lost Evenings 3. Would be nice for him to come back but I'm not surprised they've had a few years without him when he did what, 10-11 on the trot?

38 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

He got everything wrong last year relating to R&L though...

Blink 182 are a huge international band that has headlined R&L 3 times in the last 10 years. They have been releasing music for almost 30 years and have well known songs dating back at least 20 years. They are what 21 pilots would love to be if they weren't straight edge choir boys in a church rock band that made it big.

Blink-182 haven’t headlined the festival for 5 years now, it doesn’t seem that long but it is in terms of audience turnover.

theres no way blink-182 has the mass appeal like the 1975 do to todays reading crowd. Also blink-182 don’t have a song with nearly a billion streams on spotify where twenty one pilots do, although I’m not saying 21 pilots are better by any means 

Edited by dum surfer