Your 2017 headliners

kalifire

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one checking in here for the Radiohead, Phoenix, Justice trio.

Turns out my group (the ones in my group I actually go around with at the fest) are all planning on the same trio which surprised me (although a couple considering BBK on Sun). No one really cared about any of the Saturday options but we've come to a conclusion of Phoenix together, which is just about my preferred destination.

9 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Another one checking in here for the Radiohead, Phoenix, Justice trio.

Turns out my group (the ones in my group I actually go around with at the fest) are all planning on the same trio which surprised me (although a couple considering BBK on Sun). No one really cared about any of the Saturday options but we've come to a conclusion of Phoenix together, which is just about my preferred destination.

They were amazing to close the festival on JP years ago! I'd be going if all my group weren't going FF and going to Ally Pally in September. 

Friday - Radiohead

Saturday - Some Foo Fighters, some Jacksons

Sunday - Dreadzone Leftfield headliner followed by the rest of the set by Justice (although possibly Ani Defranco, haven't decided yet).

19 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Is this any way related to Disraeli and the Small Gods?

One and the same. Saw him in 2015 and was one of the highlights of my weekend. Not interested in any of the main stage headliners and given Diz is in the Rumshack, I'll be positioned for the SE corner before the masses descend.

18 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Currently failing to provide adequate levels of hype. Heard great things about their live setup so will probably follow the crowd there but could easily be tempted away before the end.

I was unsure until I heard the live version of Cross.

It was, specifically, at 2m17s into this that my Sunday night headliner was confirmed.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

One and the same. Saw him in 2015 and was one of the highlights of my weekend. Not interested in any of the main stage headliners and given Diz is in the Rumshack, I'll be positioned for the SE corner before the masses descend.

That is excellent news! (However, it now makes it a 5 way clash on Saturday.) Having seen then many times a few years back, they are great live; yet they somehow fell off my gig radar and I've not seen then for many years now.

I'm tempted to take your approach to Saturday headliner.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I was unsure until I heard the live version of Cross.

It was, specifically, at 2m17s into this that my Sunday night headliner was confirmed.

I'm so disappointed they have moved Genesis out of the opener slot of their setlists. It is so perfect with that intro.

Oh well. Will still be great.

Fri: Radiohead

Sat: Foos

Sunday: Justice or Shaggy

I really can't decide which to see on the Sunday. I've seen Justice many times and they are fantastic, but Shaggy should just be really fun. The Chic clash earlier that day will mean I miss him at West Holts. Too many clashes this year for me!