Arcadia

FloorFiller

Noisia have got the perfect sound for Arcadia imo. Theres always loads of room close to the spider. The crowds look intimidating but its really easy to get through it and the closer you get the better the sound is. We were pretty close to it for Andy c in 2015 and Stanton Warriors vs Plumps last year and it was fine.

Edited by EZYSEY

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

What on earth is this nonsense about the line up being poor? Some huge names on there and the Arcadia show itself is fantastic. 

Yeah, I think it's good. I think people we're expecting more new names rather than a few who seem to be doing sets all over the festival. Plus more techno.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

What on earth is this nonsense about the line up being poor? Some huge names on there and the Arcadia show itself is fantastic. 

I second this. I've turned up some years without a clue of who the DJ's playing are and had a great time.

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It's a tastes thing innit. Some people aren't happy that there seems to be less of what they like this year (not just at Arcadia, but lots of areas). I'm pretty happy though, although I'm probably easily pleased.

Edited by big__phil

I know it's 'just' a DJ set, but I rather like the idea of Groove Armada.  Since they don't do a live act as such, I'd expect they drop quite a bit of their own stuff in - does anyone know?  I really enjoyed their last couple of records, nothing life changing, but would definitely be fun to hear some of those tunes under the spider.

Not oppressing bass music, which I'm guessing is the main problem with the lineup those objecting have?

Great lineup. What exactly were people expecting? Their personal favourite DJ from their niche genre of techno? For years Arcadia has been DJs that are playing elsewhere at the festival (surely a budget thing) that would be popular and 'big/phat' bass sounding enough to fill that massive field and go with the show's backdrop i.e Noisia etc. They've delivered exactly that.

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know it's 'just' a DJ set, but I rather like the idea of Groove Armada.  Since they don't do a live act as such, I'd expect they drop quite a bit of their own stuff in - does anyone know?  I really enjoyed their last couple of records, nothing life changing, but would definitely be fun to hear some of those tunes under the spider.

Not oppressing bass music, which I'm guessing is the main problem with the lineup those objecting have?

My thinking is the exact same regarding GA. And would also like to know what they generally play.

4 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Great lineup. What exactly were people expecting? Their personal favourite DJ from their niche genre of techno? 

*Any* techno. Especially when it had been alluded to. 

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

My thinking is the exact same regarding GA. And would also like to know what they generally play.

I think it was last year I gave them another listen.  I knew they'd retired the live act to just DJ, so I assumed that that also meant no new material, like Fatboy, but that's not true.  Little Black Book is a very enjoyable (if arguably dated sounding) album. 

Just now, danbailey80 said:

So should we have some Trance on their as well?

That's not what I said. Arcadia had tweeted someone saying there would be techno there this year. 

Just now, Untz said:

It's sad to think we can't take the liking of tweets as confirmation of anything any more.

It was actual words, wasn't it?