Little things to make the festival better for others

stuartbert two hats

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

What would happen if you mixed some soap in with the alcohol gel? I like the fact that the gel evaporates on your hands, would mixing some soap into this mixture do anything to help?

You'd have to wash it off, otherwise the soap would irritate your skin and cause it to dry out,  Alcohol has to be of sufficient strength to kill bacteria,  and adding it to the soap would just dilute it.  Antibac wipes can also help as the rubbing on the skin helps remove bacteria.

2 hours ago, Room to sway said:

Some lovely ideas in here :)

Not sure it's going to make the festival better for others, but I just ordered a t-shirt with a giant skull on the front.

The skull glows in the dark.

Looking forward to flashing it* somewhere pitch-black and imagining some poor person telling their mates the next morning they definitely saw a giant floating skull I promise I am not making this shit up there are ghosts all over this site.

* steady

EDIT: This one:

day_of_the_dead_glow_in_the_dark_all_ove

Cool t shirt, where did you buy it?

I know it sounds silly to some...... Not you lot....... But when I first started taking my kids and there friends and now any newbies the first thing I told my kids and others is to MAKE friends and get to know your fellow campers.. 

So that you know there group and they know your group.. Have a drink.. Or a smoke.. Let them know when you're heading out and ask them to keep an eye on your groups camp and you do that for them.. That way if some random heads for a tent you don't feel awkward about saying hey old son who are you.. 

They may turn round and say.. I'm looking for guy.... In which case you can say he's gone to see pearl jam on the other stage OR he/she could say. O Umm well ah um well I thought this was my tent.... In which case you know they're lying thieving bastards who will probably get off fast.... 

This I find really brings the festival camping experience close and helps everyone be and feel a little safer... 

That's my little thing.. 

Also for those that don't think about it always help people with kids.. Say going over a bridge or if really muddy.. Or just say.. Hey fucking fair play old son.. Cos it can be really hard having kids at a festival..a little appreciation and respect will make them feel great. And it is great to see family's at Glastonbury.. Imo. 

Don't swear tho lol

Think of others then when your fucked someone might think of you.. Swings and roundabouts 

On 15 May 2017 at 4:50 PM, JoeyMester said:

Other stuff to give away, those LED finger lights, £11 for 100! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anpro-Bright-Finger-Flashlight-Supplies/dp/B01I1J2T64/ref=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1494860317&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=led+finger+lights&psc=1

UV paint is a sure-fire conversation starter as well :)

Great find with the finger lights :-)

29 minutes ago, Tarmac said:

Tarmac the railway line and roads off it , certain pinch point become clogged in the mud and a proper road would help . 

I feel like you're a bit biased in this subject . . . . 

On 2017-5-14 at 9:32 PM, alien said:

Equally equally, be that first person to start dancing alone. Doing that could encourage everyone else to start dancing and really make everyone's Glastonbury.

Yup

6 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:

There is actually a theory about this. If you can get a certain number of people dancing and I think it is as low as 4 or 6,  a crowd will form shortly

It's probably less. I'd say 2. 

One of my highlights of 2015 was going for a bimble on the Thursday afternoon (the scorching hot day) and ending up in the beat hotel to escape the sun and drinking their lush & fresh bloody marys. People were lounging about the floor until one guy got up and started dad dancing then another guy got up and joined in, but he knew the dance to the particular song playing, which involved jumping in different directions, and within a minute we were all up and dancing & jumping in lines. Was bonkers but great fun! 

20 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:

There is actually a theory about this. If you can get a certain number of people dancing and I think it is as low as 4 or 6,  a crowd will form shortly

I'd say the number can be as low as one (as the footage above shows). All you need is one determined but demented dancer to put their head over the parapet, and then there's the potential for all the loons come out to dance and play. 

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'd say the number can be as low as one (as the footage above shows). All you need is one determined but demented dancer to put their head over the parapet, and then there's the potential for all the loons come out to dance and play. 

Where are you Yog? Determined and demented or loon who likes to play? :D

Usually in CV East, so walking in, no bags, always help some daft buggers who thought a rucksack, two suitcases each and a crate of tinnies made sense to carry. Hill of death insto-friends.

Helping drink & food jugglers - offer to hold something while they get sorted

Let people know in the huge queues to have their water bottle refilled at refill points that all the other taps are drinking water too.

8 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

It's probably less. I'd say 2. 

One of my highlights of 2015 was going for a bimble on the Thursday afternoon (the scorching hot day) and ending up in the beat hotel to escape the sun and drinking their lush & fresh bloody marys. People were lounging about the floor until one guy got up and started dad dancing then another guy got up and joined in, but he knew the dance to the particular song playing, which involved jumping in different directions, and within a minute we were all up and dancing & jumping in lines. Was bonkers but great fun! 

Is this it?

3 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Where are you Yog? Determined and demented or loon who likes to play? :D

Hello semmtexx,

I'm afraid that my dancing days are over. All I have left are some ambiguous memories of having once been able to hold my own (as it were!) on the dance floor. Boy, could I throw some shapes. lol

Away from the dance floor, I'd say that I was a determined but demented loon, who likes to play. :)