BeautifulProng

Pizza at glastonbury  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How do people cut their pizzas?

• Pizza slice
    • Scissors
    • Pizza scissors

5 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Had a minging pizza from a stall by the other stage. So soggy and pointless. Also had a rancid bacon baguette at another food stall near the Other Stage

Good advice for anyone: Don't by food from stalls near the Other Stage. 

You kind sir, clearly haven't enjoyed a Steak and Halloumi ciabata sandwich from Ken's Barby, dripping in their assortment of homemade chutney.

Edited by T-Mouse

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Nope just found it was this one, Glastonbury wood fired pizza company. Would recommend

13516432_1085085454885701_91943820466789

They turned up at Glastonbury Abbey as well last year. When I took my ticket I was about 55 orders down the queue and several of the orders had 5 pizzas on them. There was one woman there absolutely losing her shit at the woman running the stall because of the wait. Was pretty funny really.

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Voodoo Rays in Block9! how has this not been mentioned yet!?

I never realised it was a Voodoo Rays in Block 9! Gotta check it out this year. 

2 hours ago, kaytee... said:

Nope just found it was this one, Glastonbury wood fired pizza company. Would recommend

13516432_1085085454885701_91943820466789

YES! I remember this one actually, definitely top of my list.  

C'mon guys stay on topic. 3 pages of unrelated shite.

The guy was asking about how the pizzas are cut at glastonbury. Some idiots still use pizza cutters, I'll tell you right now I refuse to eat a pizza that has been cut by some neanderthal with a spinny fucking disc. This isn't Robot Wars, mixing a spinny disc in with a bread based italian snack is just asking for trouble.

Hellloooo? It's 2017, stop living in the past, get yourself a pair of pizza scissors. There is no excuse not to be using them. I'll except that at Glastonbury we do have to give up on lifes luxuries but at the very least these pizza stores should put the effort in and use a pair of regular scissors. The pizza won't taste as good but at least it stops the risk of Chaos 2 flipping you out the arena

34 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

C'mon guys stay on topic. 3 pages of unrelated shite.

The guy was asking about how the pizzas are cut at glastonbury. Some idiots still use pizza cutters, I'll tell you right now I refuse to eat a pizza that has been cut by some neanderthal with a spinny fucking disc. This isn't Robot Wars, mixing a spinny disc in with a bread based italian snack is just asking for trouble.

Hellloooo? It's 2017, stop living in the past, get yourself a pair of pizza scissors. There is no excuse not to be using them. I'll except that at Glastonbury we do have to give up on lifes luxuries but at the very least these pizza stores should put the effort in and use a pair of regular scissors. The pizza won't taste as good but at least it stops the risk of Chaos 2 flipping you out the arena

Oh wow...I thought the original poster was taking the piss. Little did I know pizza scissors are an actual thing.

I've just been using a bog standard table knife for all these years.....

13 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Had a minging pizza from a stall by the other stage. So soggy and pointless.

The worst meal I've ever eaten at Glastonbury was a pizza from those parts.  The base was like some kind of styrofoam that was both overcooked on the bottom and soggy on top with a few strands of cheese spread more sparsely than a tesco value cheese and tomato and about 8 pieces of what could be charitably described as pepperoni.

15 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Had a minging pizza from a stall by the other stage. So soggy and pointless. Also had a rancid bacon baguette at another food stall near the Other Stage

Good advice for anyone: Don't by food from stalls near the Other Stage. 

Except the Welsh Oggie stall of course. Great value for money and also does possibly the best Breakfast Baguette on site.

There used to be a place that sold garlic bread.. It was a pizza place on a corner but it only sold the garlic bread say 2 or 3 times a day that was it.. There were long ques but when it was gone it was gone.. 

For some reason years ago it stopped and as far as I know that was that.. Bloody nice tho 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

There used to be a place that sold garlic bread.. It was a pizza place on a corner 

I remember this place. Was definitely there in 2007 but not sure after that. I think some roast lamb stall took its place.

Was fantastic and a real shame it's gone. Excellent stodge.

6 minutes ago, Tables innit said:

I remember this place. Was definitely there in 2007 but not sure after that. I think some roast lamb stall took its place.

Was fantastic and a real shame it's gone. Excellent stodge.

Yea sounds about right.. Always wandered why no one else has done it. 

On 25/04/2017 at 8:08 PM, kaytee... said:

I had one of the best pizzas of my life from some woodfired place near Williams Green. Was worth the wait and getting stuck in the mud for, so many people got stuck and had to be carried out all whilst trying to save the pizza

That's being added to my memo list of "Glasto food I've not had before and am very excited about and will be consuming".