Today I Am Listening To......

McCor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Saw part of his set somewhere in something of a haze in either 2013 or 2015. Think I just stood there with my gob agape like a stunned fish.

He had a beat boxer chap playing with him, we only went in because baggy mondays was wedged, good decision; magic. Just read this back, grammar police will have a field day, in my defence I am slightly jaded, gin induced and glorious sun shine.

12 hours ago, oneeye said:

He had a beat boxer chap playing with him, we only went in because baggy mondays was wedged, good decision; magic. Just read this back, grammar police will have a field day, in my defence I am slightly jaded, gin induced and glorious sun shine.

I saw his set with the beat boxer in Toad Hall 2015, amazing. 
Charm x

http://91e8gy.jpg

On 4/7/2017 at 4:18 PM, Havors said:

And this lad from my neck of the woods too :)

I like this song, but it's currently used as a sprint track in my spin class so as soon as I listen to it I start sweating uncontrollably just out of habit.

Listened to Future Islands this morning, currently on the new Mastodon album.  Don't see it happening but I'd happily watch them at Glasto!

As it is being rumoured the National maybe on before the Foos, creating a clash with Solange I am comparing and contrasting on Spotify. Both are new to me but at present it looks like I will be at WH Saturday early evening.

43 minutes ago, xJaggySnake said:

Trying to get into The national. Where do I start?

Lots of Hardcore fans will say Boxer, but I think Alligator is an easier starting point, as is High Violet. Mr November/Bloodbuzz Ohio if you're after a single track from each album

Perpetual cycle of The National, Solange, Anderson .Paak, RTJ, The Jackson 5 and The Avalanches over here. Today was a full day of The National. Watched the Sydney Opera House show when I got into work, which took me til about 1pm because annoying work kept interrupting me (also an hour for lunch, natch); then followed it up with High Violet, listened to Boxer on the way home, and now I reckon I'll look up this Cherry Tree EP that everybody raves about.

5 hours ago, xJaggySnake said:

Trying to get into The national. Where do I start?

Well everybody seems to recommend you go for Alligator or Boxer first, but I never liked them for ages because I listened to Alligator and Boxer first. I listened to Trouble Will Find Me and High Violet and loved them both, still think they're streets ahead of the rest of their music, but tastes differ. Maybe listen to these tracks from each album and find your way in from there.

Alligator; Abel, Mr November
Boxer; Fake Empire, Mistaken For Strangers
High Violet; Bloodbuzz Ohio, Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
Trouble Will Find Me; Demons, Don't Swallow The Cap

The first track I ever heard from The National was All The Wine. Laid in a park in Paris with two very close friends, one of whome now lives in Canada, it holds great memories for me so remains my favourite. Been listening to Boxer lately to get more into them, and Fake Empire and Mistaken For Strangers are becoming firm favouries.