• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Man o' kent, i guess

Really seems to matter to some people; my grandad was very definitely man of Kent. I'll chalk you in the "not fussed" category as well :D

36 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'm over the moon. 

Top slice of bread dipped in the frying pan makes it moist enough! Lard for preference but I understand oil will be more prevalent down south. 

If bacon grilled just dry bread. 

You do know words can hurt right? Ouch.

I'll let you off for choosing lard though

I typically wander down West Holts for a Goan fish curry, which while isn't original is certainly a big tasty bastard of a first meal - but Herself has said it's crumpets first up, from the van in the Avalon field, just round the corner. And what she declares, shall be. So crumpets it is. These are proper though - buttery, rich, baked there, huge great things - of no real resemblance to the circular little discs of acceptability you might find at a supermarket, oh no: these are monsters. The strumpets can keep their crumpets, because this is upper echelon crumpetology. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

No butter, lots of hp. Back in thread, pork spicy noodles at Williams green is and will be again my first meal of the festival. Just beautiful 

Nice, which stall is that, marquee side or over the path?

For my part, butter and marg are the devil's work. Much as I'm aware that giant lizards are manipulating Theresa May and boosting our belief that we still live in a democracy, I still claim my eroding right for soft white dry bread, bacon, and ketchup. Or bacon and mushrooms, no sauce. The rest of you can go watch Ed Sheeran.

I can no longer look at a tub of Utterley Butterly without thinking about how I was once forced, forced I tell you, to use a dollop of it as a lubricant. Therefore bacon sandwiches must have butter on them. I don't mind a bit of red sauce, brown sauce, or no sauce. 

Back to topic (kind of) -  I once didn't eat from the Wednesday until the Sunday evening. That was a really stupid move, which I don't intend on repeating. It's madness not to eat something when it's your one chance to choose from a very vast menu. 

Oh, about the Utterley Butterley thing - I'm sorry but there are some of you who are now never going to look at a tub of the stuff in the same light of day ever again. If I could further influence your shopping 'experience' in any way, it would be to ask that you at least consider Moonwalking down the frozen goods aisle until you get to the frozen sweetcorn, where you break out in to tap while singing 'Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life'.