Lorde

jyoung

20 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Surely not?!

Probably not, I can just see her really honing in on Solar Power with this tour. I can't quite remember who it was, but I remember seeing a band who just released a new record that was a major departure from their previous, and their setlist was entirely the new album, and a one song encore of just one of the previous hits.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Probably not, I can just see her really honing in on Solar Power with this tour. I can't quite remember who it was, but I remember seeing a band who just released a new record that was a major departure from their previous, and their setlist was entirely the new album, and a one song encore of just one of the previous hits.

Although I can see Lorde going new album heavy, you have to be pretty confident that your new album is insanely good (especially coming after an album like Melodrama) to pull something like this off or it’s a sure fire way to piss off the people coming to see you, even if you are saying the tour is more ‘intimate’ which is often used as an excuse to showcase new stuff. 

I still think there’ll be a smattering of old stuff, but like said above, perhaps rearranged to fit the new sound (although hopefully not ‘cause Green Light needs to go off).

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Although I can see Lorde going new album heavy, you have to be pretty confident that your new album is insanely good (especially coming after an album like Melodrama) to pull something like this off or it’s a sure fire way to piss off the people coming to see you, even if you are saying the tour is more ‘intimate’ which is often used as an excuse to showcase new stuff. 

I still think there’ll be a smattering of old stuff, but like said above, perhaps rearranged to fit the new sound (although hopefully not ‘cause Green Light needs to go off).

Headlining PS does suggest there will be plenty of hits and bangers in there. If the tour was just these smaller shows then it's one thing, but if you're playing bit slots at festivals as well you're almost obliged to round out your setlist more. Unless you're The National.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Yep, starts at 10. Although “invalid code” is giving me palpitations after the Worthy Farm stream!

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Doesn’t start till 10 does it 

Lol I'm so eager. I don't think I'm going to get these tickets but might as well try 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lol I'm so eager. I don't think I'm going to get these tickets but might as well try 

I'm sure we'll be fine, mate. As long as you're on the ball and have the code, it'll be no problem I'm sure.

Worst presale ever for me (got a ticket then got thrown into a waiting area after ticking the not a bot box which then meant the ticket was gone once I got out of it) but managed to get a Thursday Roundhouse ticket after refreshing for 8 minutes! 

Looks like a Friday date has been added too.

https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/lorde-the-solar-power-tour/roundhouse/1975467

Edited by cdm22

Just now, cdm22 said:

Worst presale ever for me (got a ticket than got thrown into a waiting area after ticking the not a bot box)  but managed to get a Thursday Roundhouse ticket after refreshing for 8 minutes! 

Looks like a Friday date has been added too.

FFS that's really annoying! I'm having to really fiddle about with my holidays to make the Thursday one work, and then she adds a Friday one 😂

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yes and after various refreshes nothing changed. My page didn't change at all.

Mate get on the Friday one now - tickets up!