Lorde

jyoung

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They don't though.....? They play em but that's a different matter.

Lana Del Rey sold out her arena tour pretty sharply? Haim have sold out the O2?

2 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If you think about it, Lorde, Haim, Lana and The Weeknd represent the 4 corners of the political compass. Interesting!

We will never forget.

4-Cameron-Getty.jpg

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’m so confused what u trying to say

I thought you were saying she'd be mid-Pyramid and I was being daft in saying you were underpinning her, because the meme is that I think she's a nobody. And it turns out she's actually seemingly a bit more popular than she was a few years ago. But I didn't realise you were talking about a sub spot so it was pretty ineffective.

Let’s not forget Lorde hasn’t actually released her third album yet and is selling tickets off the back of melodrama and a lead single. By the time June 2022 is around the new album will have had time to sit on Spotify and probably get promoted to death by other means. A year will make a big difference to an act who is currently seen as a weaker sub but a very strong 3rd down.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Lana Del Rey sold out her arena tour pretty sharply? Haim have sold out the O2?

Dont think they have, seems like there are a fair few left on the O2's website for it at least....

I mean, Lorde managed to sell out 3no. roundhouse (for more £ per ticket than Haim are doing at the O2) and is now doing ally pally too. If she sells that out (big if), then she must be getting close to the same as doing 1 night at the O2...

Edited by Mattymooz

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Seeing as we never had a Sunday sub Lorde into Taylor is still a possibility.

Usually this stuff doesn’t happen at glasto but it can’t be ignored. There is space for it.

I can see Lorde doing Friday, but spending the weekend going ham with the rest of us, and popping up with Tay on sunday? Lorde has that whole weekend free at the minute, and I reckon there’s a strong chance that’s on purpose so she can enjoy the festival!

Edited by jparx

All of her dates have now sold out and I reckon the Alexander palace date on sale on Wednesday won’t take long to go either.  Roughly how many tickets do you reckon that is? Roughly about 30k?

Hard to judge whether that’s ‘sub’ numbers but this does look like a deliberate run of smaller shows rather than a Wembley Arena run.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

All of her dates have now sold out and I reckon the Alexander palace date on sale on Wednesday won’t take long to go either.  Roughly how many tickets do you reckon that is? Roughly about 30k?

Hard to judge whether that’s ‘sub’ numbers but this does look like a deliberate run of smaller shows rather than a Wembley Arena run.

Yeah really hard to tell what the demand would be if she was at bigger venues vs selling out a load of smaller ones. Certainly seems like a success though and the venues were chosen rather than necessitated. She’s subbing or headlining the Other IMO.