The Kaiser Chiefs

Fladog

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

"Foo Fighters have requested that Kaiser Chiefs play to get the crowd going... for Van Morrison."

No but the "at the Foos' request" thing was something we came up with to explain them being a sub. The initial info didn't state it was a Foos request.

Could have been info come out that Kaisers will be Pyramid on Foos' day, as it was passed along to us it became "Kaisers subbing Foos", and then when we heard that we decided it could have been at Foos' request.

52 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Kaiser Chiefs are shite. 

Indeed. The only thing I can commend them for is that somehow, they're still hanging around and still in contention for even appearing at Glastonbury at any level. I'm not quite sure why they didn't disappear about 10 years ago like almost every other band that was just like them seemingly have.

i think the reason Kaisers subbed pyramid for The Who in 2007 was probably because The Who had a special request for them - for some odd reason - as I think they'd played a few gigs with them. Seems that The Who request this at Glastonbury what with Paul Weller 2 years back and didn't they have something to do with Richard Ashcroft being billed as 'special guest' at Isle of Wight last year? I thought it was odd in 2007 that Kaisers were above Manics, who funnily enough had been on before The Who on a few festivals (Isle of Wight 2004 i think?)

would be a dreadful positioning though....still think Noel Gallagher gets it.

41 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

At least at Reading 2012, you had Kaiser Chiefs third from top, then the excellent Black Keys before the Foo Fighters set.

Third seems about right, sub headliner is a waste of a good spot.

I've never met anyone who's described that Black Keys set as anything other than dull. They were the same two years later at Glasto, too. Also Kaiser Chiefs are shite and would be a waste of a slot.

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Kaiser Chiefs are really odd... I dont know anyone who likes them. Even the few I know who only like "indie bands". Catnip & the Boreteeners etc. They think they are shite.

My friend's brother brought some mates along in 2014. One of them watched Kaiser Chiefs TWICE in one day. Unbelievable.

• 2 months later...