Glastonbury Full Lineup revealed??????

Pear_Cider

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I don't really get why this one has been reported so widely when there was already one up, though, and I don't think anyone updating the Clashfinder would have expected it to go so viral either. Acid haze always seems to be updating it.

It always goes viral. Like most of the past few years it's been posted here with the question "is this true on clashfinder?" and even last year it made the papers. Because most clashfinders on that website are usually based on actual info and people don't start editing them until there's at least a general idea rather than a prediction based on minimal fact. With how deceiving it has been in the past, it's definitely intentionally so at this point.

It is a bit annoying too as, like I said, they're usually useful and reliable tools but the Glastonbury one tarnishes the whole thing a bit because it's someone's personal prediction. And with the provision of that tool it might be a bit more respectful to use it as intended, y'know?

13 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

why fill it full of nonsense guesswork in the first place so?

Nothing is actually known until the official release, so you could equally argue that it's pointless it even existing until that is known. As it happens Acid Haze puts up the sort of speculation the goes on here day in, day out for at least 9 months of the year. There are no disclaimers on this forum, presumably because the terminally lazy couldn't be bothered to sift through 100 plus pages.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It always goes viral. Like most of the past few years it's been posted here with the question "is this true on clashfinder?" and even last year it made the papers. Because most clashfinders on that website are usually based on actual info and people don't start editing them until there's at least a general idea rather than a prediction based on minimal fact. With how deceiving it has been in the past, it's definitely intentionally so at this point.

It is a bit annoying too as, like I said, they're usually useful and reliable tools but the Glastonbury one tarnishes the whole thing a bit because it's someone's personal prediction. And with the provision of that tool it might be a bit more respectful to use it as intended, y'know?

It doesn't tarnish a thing when there's a disclaimer there. It doesn't deceive when there's a disclaimer there. It's not disrespectful when there's a disclaimer there.

Stupid is as stupid does.

9 minutes ago, musky said:

Nothing is actually known until the official release, so you could equally argue that it's pointless it even existing until that is known. As it happens Acid Haze puts up the sort of speculation the goes on here day in, day out for at least 9 months of the year. There are no disclaimers on this forum, presumably because the terminally lazy couldn't be bothered to sift through 100 plus pages.

It doesn't tarnish a thing when there's a disclaimer there. It doesn't deceive when there's a disclaimer there. It's not disrespectful when there's a disclaimer there.

Stupid is as stupid does.

It is pointless existing until it's known.

We speculate like mad here but most people just throw their predictions in other threads like the stage predictions one, and they look very similar to the ones on there - in fact he lifted that entire one from a prediction in that thread so where you're getting this thing that Acid Haze is doing the lord's work I have no idea. I don't think most people speculating would say their speculation deserves to go out to the thousands of people keeping an eye on the clashfinder updating.

And the disclaimer was only added in by a user here tired of the bullshit predictions causing an endless stream of "clashfinder has leaked" posts, even despite there being a '5 - do not print' label at the top as well to show it's not worth a damn. As I've said, it's mostly a tool used for fairly reliable running order predictions based on acts announced so that's why people believe it - no other festival clashfinder needs so many disclaimer notices.

Edited by dentalplan

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It is pointless existing until it's known.

We speculate like mad here but most people just throw their predictions in other threads like the stage predictions one, and they look very similar to the ones on there - in fact he lifted that entire one from a prediction in that thread - so where you're getting this thing that Acid Haze is doing the lord's work I have no idea. I don't think most people speculating would say their speculation deserves to go out to the thousands of people keeping an eye on the clashfinder updating.

And the disclaimer was only added in by a user here tired of the bullshit predictions causing an endless stream of "clashfinder has leaked" posts, even despite there being a '5 - do not print' label at the top as well to show it's not worth a damn. As I've said, it's mostly a tool used for fairly reliable running order predictions based on acts announced so that's why people believe it - no other festival clashfinder needs so many disclaimer notices.

I didn't suggest anything like he was doing the lords work. He just populates it like he has in the past, and had Halvin's thanks for doing so. Anyone keeping an eye on the Clashfinder should know by now exactly how it works, and doubtless would have spotted the earlier updates (which  didn't cause a stir). I don't think Acid Haze would suggest that his best guesses deserve to go out to thousands either - that was done by the gullible/lazy/naive/stupid and fueled by tawdry rags who know damn well there's no truth in it but don't give a toss.

The disclaimer was there at the top of clashfinder before this all kicked off: it was only given more prominence later, but you can't protect people from their own laziness. People are still sharing the link even with multiple disclaimers all over it and a patently nonsensical lineup.

Edited by musky

1 hour ago, musky said:

correct, the whole thing is pointless. everything bar Radiohead and Foo Fighters should be deleted really.

it's just needlessly creating confusion and inadvertently drives traffic for clickbait media outlets and serves seemingly no apparent purpose.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Don't look at it if it bothers you so much. Halvin has thanked Acid Haze for his help with the clashfinder in the past. If it's OK with Halvin, it's OK with me.

Fools create confusion all on their own, and unethical journalists will spread BS for their own profit. It really makes no difference what anyone else does, as they'll just keep doing their own thing.

46 minutes ago, Bradders said:

The disclaimer has always been as prominent as it is now. I remember putting it there when the papers first reported this last year, thinking I'd stopped all this bollocks for good.

no it hasn't, it was only on there under Wednesday before, then yesterday it was added to all the other days after it got reported and shared everywhere.

I have to agree that it seems pointless to me to fill up the clashfinder with guesses and speculation. Thats not what its for. If you have a band that has confirmed a slot, or its looking very very likely that they will play that slot, then bung them in. Don't put guesses, as nice as they may seem. Put them in the lineup guessing thread where they belong!