The Jackson 5

Fladog

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

What does that have to do with me being a bigger of MJ solo?

You see, the way your sentence was constructed, there was an ambiguity.  It could be read in one of two ways:

1. You have a preference of Michael Jackson's work over that of The Jackson 5.
  2. You liked Michael Jackson as a person more than the members of The Jackson 5 liked Michael Jackson.

Of course, the context strongly implied that the first option was the intended meaning, so I chose to exploit the ambiguity and wilfully subvert expectations, replying as if the second interpretation was the intended meaning.  This is even more unlikely when you consider the familial relationship between the band members, thus increasing the cognitive dissonance when the expectation is subverted and hopefully the humour.

Hope this helps.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
clarification on pt1, "section" -> "second"

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

You see, the way your sentence was constructed, there was an ambiguity.  It could be read in one of two ways:

2. You liked Michael Jackson more than the members of The Jackson 5 liked Michael Jackson.

Of course, the context strongly implied that the first option was the intended meaning, so I chose to exploit the ambiguity and wilfully subvert the expectation by replying as if the section interpretation was the intended meaning.  This is even more unlikely when you consider the familial relationship between the band members, thus increasing the cognitive dissonance when the expectation is subverted and hopefully the humour.

Hope this helps.

Image result for love jacksons

If I am love them who is I and is it I that love them or them that loves I?

1 hour ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

IMG_1627.JPG

57 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

2. You liked Michael Jackson as a person more than the members of The Jackson 5 liked Michael Jackson.

Of course, the context strongly implied that the first option was the intended meaning, so I chose to exploit the ambiguity and wilfully subvert the expectation by replying as if the second interpretation was the intended meaning.  This is even more unlikely when you consider the familial relationship between the band members, thus increasing the cognitive dissonance when the expectation is subverted and hopefully the humour.

Hope this helps.

There is nothing what so ever for me to dislike any members of the Jackson 5 more than others as people so no there isn't another way of looking at it. Let's not put in context what isn't there.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm a big fan of Jacko and the lads, but not so much of Jacko and the lads.

Let's cut out the fucking shit shall we!

I'm on about the musician, not who he chose to spend his time with or what allegedly happened.

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

There is nothing what so ever for me to dislike any members of the Jackson 5 more than others as people so no there isn't another way of looking at it. Let's not put in context what isn't there.

Let's cut out the fucking shit shall we!

I'm on about the musician, not who he chose to spend his time with or what allegedly happened.

IMG_4890.JPG

not familiar with The Jacksons, and obviously missed them at all of my previous Glastonburys... aren't they the band that suddenly hit it big in '84 off that one hit song they did with Mick Jagger? State of something? arrogantly thought they could pull off a Victory tour of US stadiums off that one hit? 

20 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

not familiar with The Jacksons, and obviously missed them at all of my previous Glastonburys... aren't they the band that suddenly hit it big in '84 off that one hit song they did with Mick Jagger? State of something? arrogantly thought they could pull off a Victory tour of US stadiums off that one hit? 

Seriously? 

Jacksons had a string of bangers in the 70's. Go to YouTube and put your dancing shoes on.