Next Announcement 2017 Thread

Gnomicide

You know what I wish Radiohead did fucking sub last year. A Friday night of Anderson .Paak > The Flaming Lips would have been great.

Thank God ATCQ pulled. What a three-way clash that would have been.

When I opened that the first thing I looked at was the JP headliner. Saw Annie Mac and was so happy, then scanned down to see Flips just below ffs.

Future Islands on Other I'd guess.

1 minute ago, TomViolence said:

I guess they could still headline on the Sunday... not sure why we thought they would definitely be Friday :unsure:. @Will-2609?

For me it was just because they hinted at Park headline and we seemingly know the other two (Warpaint and Kano). They can't do Park headline on Sunday if that Kano info is legit but if they're not Park headliners then I think they can do any day.

Just now, MattDavies__ said:

Grumble at the Sleafords/Radiohead clash. I'd guess Ride (& Mark Lanegan) will be on before them 

Ooh fuck yes please. Would be nice to see 3 or 4 in a row on the same stage including the headliner. Not sure I've ever done that. 

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

For me it was just because they hinted at Park headline and we seemingly know the other two (Warpaint and Kano). They can't do Park headline on Sunday if that Kano info is legit but if they're not Park headliners then I think they can do any day.

They're playing Friday according to this http://www.markgardener.com/gigs.php

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

4 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Ah yeah forgot about Kano!

The Google doc points towards Mark Gardener's tour dates for the Friday confirmation http://www.markgardener.com/gigs.php. Looking more likely that I'll be able to see them then. Angel Olsen on before would be ace, thanks :)

3 minutes ago, char90 said:

My twitter sends me an alert when glastonbury tweet, they've just tweeted now and I nearly lobbed my drink on myself thinking they'd seen the leak and posted early :D

Same here. They definitely know what they're doing on that account - mugging us right off :D 

28 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah bit of a funny one that one, didn't she play a tent in Silver Hayes last year, all be it as headliner? So this is a bump up without her not having done a great deal in between, I think she even had a baby?

I believe she might have done her radio show from there? I tried to go as I camp really closeby but it was packed. Couldn't even get in the tent. I guess there will be so many people at Radiohead that it won't be that busy for her set anyway.

I must admit I am quite looking forward to seeing Dizzee...

Just now, DareToDibble said:

I believe she might have done her radio show from there? I tried to go as I camp really closeby but it was packed. Couldn't even get in the tent. I guess there will be so many people at Radiohead that it won't be that busy for her set anyway.

Yep same, we went from the left side of the Other watching Disclosure to attempt to see her and the tent rad rammed so we buggered off elsewhere. I guess that in itself suggests why maybe she's JP headliner.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Radiohead will have experience smallest crowd of the three headliners, I reckon she'll be heaving.

Does she record her own stuff or just a dj? I didn't mind her radio show but I know nowt about what she plays.

Just now, Badlands said:

Radiohead will have experience smallest crowd of the three headliners, I reckon she'll be heaving.

Does she record her own stuff or just a dj? I didn't mind her radio show but I know nowt about what she plays.

From my experience of seeing her at different festivals she tends to just DJ a lot of dance tracks. Don't think she's done her own tracks as far as I'm aware.

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Same here. They definitely know what they're doing on that account - mugging us right off :D 

They do it every time and every time I fall for it. Will I ever learn and stop throwing drinking on myself.