Flaming lips

russycarps

1 minute ago, The Placid Casual said:

Usually a 30 minute gap between the 2. Really hoping The xx are subbing Radiohead now.

Excellent, that should give me enough time to elbow my way past some nerdy chin strokers to get a good spot  

Don't care about either the xx or the national so I'm not fussed either way, though I guess the xx makes more sense

That's pretty much fine with me if it's how it happens - see the flaming lips, bliss out a bit, collect my thoughts and wander to the pyramid stage with a nice fresh pint and stand up the hill for some Radiohead. With the greatest of respect to this incarnation of Radiohead (and I'll prepare to annoy many people by saying this) but they're not quite as engaging as their 1997 version are they? 

Theyre certainly nowhere near as engaging as the flaming lips, that's for sure! 

3 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Goddamm this is a rollercoaster. Couldn't 8-10 mean pyramid sub though?

Even though that feels unlikely on the Friday. Sunday, yes.

Im guessing they have been told a generic time slot. Their other festival gig events have varying times. 1 hour 30 / 3 hours / 4 hours. 

If they have to play friday, other sub will do me. Its a quick leg it around before Radiohead. No chance of getting where I want to for them, but it will do me.

The Chic Friday only info is wrong, the only Chic date listed anywhere is their Glasgow date at start of June. No info on Fold Festival taking place this year, no dates announced yet whatsoever so can't see it happening in 3 months time. 

I like the idea of Other Sub. I tortured myself last night by rewatching the Race For The Prize opening from Brixton and edged towards #TeamWayne. It'd make sense for them to sub Other, with Royal Blood taking the 3rd down Pyramid 'heavy' slot. 

I reckon Justice will be on WH rather than Chic, would be crap to miss them but I'd much rather see Chic, and I reckon they're set for a Pyramid slot similar to the one Madness took last year, or following #RightBazza